autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

First attempt with BF One Step

Hey Guys, just wanted to share my experience using BF One Step for the first time. The test vehicle was my dad's 01 F150 Supercrew. In the past my dad's idea of "car care" was a few trips a year to the local coin op car wash and a thorough scrubbing/scratching with the old nasty scrub brush. About four or five years ago I compounded and polished the truck for him and got it looking better than new again. I also got him to stop taking it to the car wash and swirling the hell out of it.

Now I try to clean it up once a year with a quick polish to keep it looking respectable. The usual routine was to polish with Menzerna SF4000 and seal with WG DGPS. After reading a lot of positive reviews and seeing a ton of pictures showing some amazing results using BF One Step, I figured I would give it a try.

I used a Flex 3401 with white LC Hybrid Force pads and I was really impressed with the results. It corrects pretty well (even with a polishing pad), has a super long working time and wipes off easier than anything I have ever used. I can't comment on durability yet since I just used it, but this application will definitely put it to the test. Hoping this will get through the winter, but that is probably pushing it.

I was in a hurry, so I didn't get too many pics, but I do have one before of the hood showing some swirls and scratches and a few after shots showing the deep glossy shine it leaves.

First attempt with BF One Step-01-hood-reflection-post-jpgFirst attempt with BF One Step-01-hood-reflection-pre-jpgFirst attempt with BF One Step-01-ds-jpgFirst attempt with BF One Step-01-ps-jpg

2. Thanks Bruno Soares thanked for this post
    Likes John U, Thomkirby, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: First attempt with BF One Step

You did damn well!

Can not go wrong with BlackFire.

Great job...!

Tom
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job, and yes BF one step and good stuff! Getting it through winter may be tough. Just might have to boost it a few times
    2022 Carrera S & Honda CRV Hybrid
    2015 Lexus IS 350, 2016 Ford F-150
    Cobalt 242 (8.1 L block, Volvo outdrive)

Post Thanks / Like

Get some sealant to put on that has 6 month protection. Or a spray wax.

Optimum Spray wax has a 6 month protection---spray that on just before winter and you'll be good!

Or anything---spray and you'll be good!

Tom
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. My dad is really happy with how it turned out.

Like I said, my previous go to was WG DGPS and that seemed to make it through the winter, but I usually applied it around Halloween. I’ve also used Collinite 845 and 476 for winter protection with great success but I was hoping to save the second step of applying the sealant/wax by going with an AIO.

Tom, I didn’t realize there were spray waxes that offered that much longevity. I’ll have to check those out.

Post Thanks / Like

It's interesting that spray waxes are stereotyped as in not performing well enough but to be honest, technology has come a long way. I would say I can pick probably 10 of the right products off the shelf right now and they are more than capable of lasting beyond paste wax or liquid sealants.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

8. Likes DetailZeus liked this post