autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thread: Nissan tima

Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nissan tima

This Nissan Altima took me a day and a half. I did an interior cleaning and Velocity Vacced the carpets.

I came up with a really cool technique with the Tornador and reservoir tank filled with distilled water to apply 303 touchless sealant to the door jambs.

THIS WORKED REALLY GOOD!

I used a towel to carefully shield were I didn't want do touchless sealant to get spread and then I dried with the Metro Air Force Express

This was actually one of the funnest parts of the whole detail!

I also cleaned the door jams with a combination of the Tornador and ammo Frothe.

I followed up the interior cleaning with a cleaning of the leather with APC, boars hair leather brush I got in the ultimate interior brush kit, microfiber applicator pad, Pinnacle Black Label Hide Soft Leather Cleaner, and conditioning of the Leather with PBL Leather Balm.

This concluded day one.

Ultimate Interior Detailing Brush Kit

I then meticulously cleaned The wheels and tires and also did an iron decontamination of the wheels and tires with Iron X. Unfortunately the sprayer on the iron X bottle broke so I had to fight with that the whole time. The Iron X worked great though!

Calling them to complain on Monday.

Then I broke out the wash buckets, Foam Master I got from Autogeek, and Meguiar's Gold Class Wash and meticulously washed and dried the car after also doing an iron decontamination step on the paint.

I then busted out the Air Force Express and blew out all of the cracks, crevices, emblems, side mirrors, etc, on the car.

MetroVac Air Force Express 25

After this the Sun was up and really beginning to heat up so it was time to move it to the Bay at the car wash next door so I could get under some shade.

It heats up really early around here I woke up at 4:30 a.m. the Sun rises at 6:18 right now and I was getting ready just a little bit before 6 on the wash day.

I packed all my stuff up in the Jeep, drove the Jeep next door, then I came and got the Altima and parked it in the bay next door.

I clayed the car meticulously with SONAX Glass Cleaner as a clay lubricant and let me just say that this stuff is so awesome as a clay lubricant!

I used just about a whole bottle of SONAX Glass Cleaner for a medium car.

The Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay also blew me away!!!

SONAX Glass Cleaner, Glass Clear, auto glass cleaner

Here's a link to a single bar of the Ultra Poly Clay, but if you buy more you save money you can get a four bars for $49.99.

Pinnacle?s Ultra Poly Clay is the single finest clay composition available today. Use auto Detailing clay to deep clean car paint, glass and chrome.

I wiped the clay residue off with the Buff and Shine waterless wash towels.

Shine & Buff Waterless Wash Towel

Then I waxed the car by hand with the 3-D Cherry Wax and a Lake country CCS foam applicator pad

https://www.autogeek.net/red-ccs-applicators.html

https://www.autogeek.net/3d-cherry-wax-16.html

I then polished up the chrome and emblems with Purple Metal Polish and a microfiber towel.

After that I cleaned the glass. Let me just say that the glass was a pain the butt to clean on this car. I had to clean it several times and it just wasn't having it so I had to hit it with a 50/50 solution of rubbing alcoh and distilled water as a degreaser.

I plan to use Meguiar's M122 Surface Prep for this in the future.

After that I used some of the remaining SONAX Glass cleaner to finish off the front windshield, did a final inspection and sent it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

2. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nissan tima

I also did 2 Coats of the Pinnacle Black Label Tire Clear Coat as they put brand new tires on the car just the day before. I waited 30 minutes in between Coats as instructed on the bottle and used the Speedmaster tire applicator sponge to apply the product.

There were great tunes playing out of the Mac Tools Terminator and Bob Seager radio on Pandora during this project. Nissan tima

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Car turned out well, nice work!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

5. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like