autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thread: Detailed GLC43

Post Thanks / Like

Detailed GLC43

Just picked up a new 2020 GLC43 this week to replace my 2017 GLE43. Actually, it's for my wife. My car is a 2020 C43 that I really like but this car is much nicer than mine. The car was in pretty good shape paint wise so I only did a one-step. Here are the details.

Car - 2020 GLC43
    Options - Everything except Track Pace (I forgot to check off box), side steps as I didn't think i'd need them on a lower car, and Performance Seats as I didn't want to be uncomfortable on long rides
    Color - Brilliant Blue Metallic

Initial Impressions.... So far, love everything about it and everyday I'm discovering some new things I didn't even know it had like MBUX augmented reality in the navigation. Also, I didn't think this car would have ride height adjustment like my Airmatic GLE43 but it actually does. The car has plenty of power for our needs, and has a really really nice sounding exhaust system. The wheels are also really impressive looking in person. I thought by going w 20s and all seasons over 21s and summer tires that I'd wish i'd gotten the ladder but I really like the 20" setup MB has on this. Love the look of the wheels and easy to clean too. The Burmeister sound system in this car is also far superior to the Harmon Kardon in the previous car. It is a little smaller but works for us. Anyway, on to the detail.....

Washed With
    - Chemical Guys Clean Slate
    - Chemical Decon - Blackfire Iron Remover
    - Mechanical Decon - Meguiars Clay
    - Washed again w Clean Slate
    - Dried with Echo Leaf Blower

Polished with
    - Sonax Perfect Finish. Because I have a big bottle that i will likely never use up and i wanted to get rid of some of it.
    - Griots Garage 3" mini and orange pad. I used 2 of these pads to do the B pillars and rear bumper.
    - PC7424 w micro fiber finishing pads (i was too lazy to bust out the Rupees). Went through 4 of these pads in total, and cleaned them often.

Wipe down with
    - Carpro Eraser x2

Microfiber towels
    - almost all cobra and some pink ones that came with my PnS Bead maker kit, i really like those.

Coated with
    - Polish Angel Viking Coat on all paint surfaces. I did the hood and rear hatch along with front and rear bumpers twice. Still have a little left. Did a whole car with this same bottle last year.
    - Then I did the doors and all quarter panels with Carpro Gliss 2.0. All gone now.
    - Rims received Gyeon Mohs 2. Good product but smells bad like really strong chemicals. Still have some left. Might coat the kids bikes or something to get rid of it.
    - Trim received Carpro CQuarts UK. All gone now.

Photographed with
    - iPhone 8plus
    - Canon D3200
    - GoPro Hero 7 Black (fish eye pics)

Interior
    - nothing yet

Now some might ask why I went with so many different coatings. The answer is simple - because that's what I had and I really wanted to get rid of it so that I could move on to the next new thing in the future. I had a little Carpro Quartz UK and not enough to do the whole car so that's why I did that on the trim. I only had enough Gliss 2.0 to do parts of the car so did both sides of car using that as a top coat, to protect the PA Viking a bit because last time i used PA Viking it didn't last more than a year. I did two layers of viking coats on hood and rear for added protection. I used Mohs on the Rims because I don't like the way that product smells and I probably couldn't stand to do my whole car with Mohs again.

So that's it. Pics to follow and thanks for reading.
    2005 Nissan 350z (Polish Angel Viking-Coat)/2020 AMG GLC43 (Polish Angel Viking-Coat and Auto Gliss 2.0)/2012 Honda Odyssey TE (Jescar Power Lock)/2020 AMG C43 (CQuartz UK3.0 and Auto Gliss 2.0)

Post Thanks / Like

Detailed GLC43

Ok. Some pics from the GoPro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 Nissan 350z (Polish Angel Viking-Coat)/2020 AMG GLC43 (Polish Angel Viking-Coat and Auto Gliss 2.0)/2012 Honda Odyssey TE (Jescar Power Lock)/2020 AMG C43 (CQuartz UK3.0 and Auto Gliss 2.0)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailed GLC43

Will post more pics soon. Unforutanelty I can't post up any higher res photos as i'm not a VIP member on Tapatalk.

Post Thanks / Like

That blue...WOWDetailed GLC43Detailed GLC43

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Ill mimic Klasse...wow, that blue is awesome!

SUV looks great...love the interior shots too! Very nice work!

What lens/camera/phone you using for the wide angle shots?
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you guys.

Sizzle - the bottom pics that look like a fisheye lens were shot with a GoPro 7 Black. The setting is set to photo, Wide, and HDR. I set it to HDR so that the carbon fiber would come out clearer as it displayed the details of the weave a little better.

I have a cheap eBay fisheye lens for my DsLR but it’s absolutely terrible. The GoPro does a much better job for me. I like taking those interior shots and capturing the entire cockpit/cabin.

Post Thanks / Like

Very sweet ride. Congratulations!
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

8. Thanks ntwillie1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to add to my multitude of coatings on the same car - I have applied ceramic cmx spray coating to the glass. The reviews I read about this product on glass were all outstanding so figured I’d give it a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful ride.