autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

2019 AMG C43 Spring Detail

Hey All,

Since we are stuck at home, I figured it was a perfect time to get some Spring detailing done. Usually my wife hates when I clean my car because I spend all day in the garage. But with social distancing, it doesn't seem to be a problem [IMG]file:////Users/jay/Library/Group%20Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/TemporaryItems/msohtmlclip/clip_image001.png[/IMG]. I thought I'd post because even though it's a pretty new car, I'm really happy with the results. I'm also still sort of smitten with it after a year of owning it.

Overall, the paint was in pretty good shape. However, the dealer did wash it last time it was in for service even though I asked him not to and that caused some very slight swirls and stripped off some lsp. There was also some minor marring around high touch areas like the door handles, but no really deep scratches or areas in need of heavy correction. Here was my routine breaking up the effort over a few days:

On the first day, I cleaned the wheels with some Sonax wheel cleaner and pressure washed the wheel wells after letting them sit with some APC. I also took the opportunity to clean the interior by doing a thorough vacuum and treating all dash and trim surfaces with 303 aerospace. Areas in the carpeting with built up salt or winter grit were brushed with a very dilute solution of Simple Green APC to free it up.

Day Two I set out to fully clean the exterior. I foamed the car with Meguiars shampoo and then washed with Dawn to get more of the old wax off. Once that was rinsed, I treated the whole car with IronX and removed minimal metal contamination. I clayed the car and did find a moderate amount of tar and other contaminants on the surface.

The third day was polish and initial LSP. I did a test spot and saw that the M205 got the paint super glossy but didn't take out all of the surface marks. Since I had time, and I had never really done it on this car before, I tried a pass with M105 with the LC orange pad. This seemed to work so I went around the whole car with the 105/205 combo. I was really happy with the results. After removing all of the residue with CarPro Eraser (can't find IPA anywhere!) I put on a layer of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant and buffed that off.

Day Four...added a topper layer of Blitz wax and dressed the tires with Optimum Tire Gel.

A full list of products and pics are below. Let me know what you think and if you have comments on my routine.

Interior
    · 303 Aerospace Protectant
    · Simple Green APC

Wheels
    · Sonax Wheel Cleaner
    · Simple Green APC

Exterior Cleaning
    · Foam with Meguiars Gold Class Car Shampoo
    · Hand wash with Dawn
    · Decontaminate with IronX
    · Griots Clay Bar

Polish/LSP
    · Quick D/A pass with M105 on LC Orange Pad
    · D/A Polish with M205 on LC White Pad
    · Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant
    · Top with Blitz One Grand Wax (had to try it)
    · Tailpipe polish with NeverDull wadding polish
    · Optimum Tire Gel

In the work space

After Polishing

After LSP

2. Likes Thomkirby, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2019 AMG C43 Spring Detail

Great looking car, both inside and out! Nice results and it's ready for spring!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

4. Thanks merlin3008 thanked for this post
    Likes merlin3008 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice job and I really like the color. Glad you are enjoying the car. I got a 2020 in March and it only has 500 miles on it of which I only put on half. My wife did the other half. We haven’t gone out since coronavirus shutdown so it just sits there.
    2005 Nissan 350z (Polish Angel Viking-Coat)/2020 AMG GLC43 (Polish Angel Viking-Coat and Auto Gliss 2.0)/2012 Honda Odyssey TE (Jescar Power Lock)/2020 AMG C43 (CQuartz UK3.0 and Auto Gliss 2.0)

6. Thanks merlin3008 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ntwillie1 View Post
    Nice job and I really like the color. Glad you are enjoying the car. I got a 2020 in March and it only has 500 miles on it of which I only put on half. My wife did the other half. We haven’t gone out since coronavirus shutdown so it just sits there.
    Thanks. Yes, I love the car. The Selenite Gray really pops when it's clean and polished. The night package adds that black trim for contrast. Dirty is another story. It really looks dull when not clean.

My only problem is that I don't drive it enough. I moved to Chicagoland two years ago and since then my driving has gone down to something like 6,000 miles per year. That's including two longer drives to Michigan for business. Between going to the store for food and stuff during the pandemic, I've maybe driven 25 miles in the last month or so. That being said, I love the car. Just the sound alone is awesome. What color is yours?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Merlin. Mine is polar white and has the Performance exhaust. Sounds awesome. I can’t wait til ai can drive it some more. I have a detail thread I created a few weeks back. Pics arent great but car is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 Nissan 350z (Polish Angel Viking-Coat)/2020 AMG GLC43 (Polish Angel Viking-Coat and Auto Gliss 2.0)/2012 Honda Odyssey TE (Jescar Power Lock)/2020 AMG C43 (CQuartz UK3.0 and Auto Gliss 2.0)

Post Thanks / Like

Time well spent. Car look's fantastic!
    2018 Colorado ZR2

11. Thanks merlin3008 thanked for this post