autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Cool One Bad Q7 Gets the *Perfect* Treatment

So a referral from a previous client has brought me two vehicles this early spring, one of which is his better half's new-to-her Orca Black 2019 Q7 full optioned with the sport package and more. The vehicle was a swirl city of typical Hard Audi clear that had taken an initial several thousand mile beating from rotary car washes as it was an in-service courtesy vehicle for the service department. Mind you, one of the NICEST loaner vehicles I've ever seen in-service by a dealership. No doubt the 22" factory wheels set this beauty off well.

The approach here was to complete it with my Premium Enhancement Polish Package that normally sets the expectation at 75% or greater correction thus greatly minimizing the swirls. In this case, with properly dialed-in products and a little more effort, I'm proud to say I delivered the owner a nearly full correction approaching 98% or better. This was his second vehicle to me in as many weeks and thus I wasn't going to let this one fall short. Part of that decision included going with a dual layer approach with Cquartz Ceramic Coating and GYEON Trim coating too. As another thank you, I included a full glass polish and primer coat to them before layering on a glass coating over all exposed glass surfaces too.

Process:

• Wash and Decon
    • Rupes Mille used here with 17 Yellow Rupes Mille Pads and CarPro Essence (6 passes over each section) to achieve these results
    • Two layers of CarPro Cquartz UK 3.0
    • GYEON Q2 TRIM for the plastic bits
    • Griot's Fine Glass polish on Orange Griot's pads for the polish then coating with 2 layers of McKee's Glass Coating on those surf
    • Meguiars Hyperdressing at 3:1 for tire dressing

So here's where it all began. Photos don't do the damage justice as it was really in far worse shape than any photo or video could capture.

Tail lights to me are even more critically important to have corrected than headlights as they often reside on the sexist curve of the vehicle as ones eye transitions from the side to the rear. These were classically dulled and lifeless.

It never surprises me to see areas of vehicles that were cleaned with some type of abrasive pad like a magic eraser, etc. Marks like this are not uncommon and do require a paint thickness gauge to ensure no permanent damage was done. Thankfully here, it was all good and as you'll see, corrected to perfection without issue.

I call my past few years of hobbyist work Reflective Surfaces for a reason. Many here know I have a fond love for black paint and with many of my vehicles completed being black, I've had quite a bit of practice creating mirrors out of black paint

One of the biggest advantages of Ceramic Coatings is the way they enhance a greatly refined finish. Let's bend some light shall we?

IMO, one of the BEST looking SUV's on the road right now. I wish everyone here could experience the refinement of the interior too as it is even better than what you are seeing here.

22's really set this beast off and are so rare in the wild, this is perhaps the only one I've seen wearing them around Cbus.

The BEST angle / view of it IMO

Now with the swirls removed, that metallic flake can really shine through

Perfect Pillars. Another often heavily swirled area that REALLY sets off a vehicle as one approaches it. I love perfectly corrected pillars

Another added touch Greg decided on was protecting the exposed plastic pieces with their corresponding ceramic based coating. Now the deep clean just-finished appearance of a well dressed plastic will stay for 12-18 months.

Did I say Reflective Surfaces? Yes, I did.

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

2. Likes mbkite, MAXBKS, jmnral, Jim w, Mdjas and 6 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Bad Q7 Gets the *Perfect* Treatment

Great before shots! They tell the story! Very well done...it looks great. And you know from it's history, that its previous life as a loaner subjected it to numerous tunnel washes! You removed the evidence!

Nice!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

4. Thanks TTQ B4U thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wowzers! What an outcome! Simply drop dead stunning! Nicely done.

6. Thanks TTQ B4U thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks great!

8. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks great. Very nicely written post, makes us feel part of it.
    Now he just needs the front door’s windows tinted.
    Bruno Soares

10. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I couldn’t believe a 2019 could look like that....

until you mentioned dealership service car.

Fantastic job cleaning that thing up into a, well, a 2019!

12. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great job!

I have to agree about the looks. That is a pretty nice-looking ride.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

14. Thanks TTQ B4U thanked for this post
    Likes TTQ B4U liked this post