autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Ordered next car

Just ordered my wife’s next car. Her current lease is up in May so we went in and and placed an order on a 2020 Mb GLC43 AMG. It’s smaller than her current GLE AMG43 and the replacement AMG53 won’t be out until Dec of 2020 so we figured the GLC size should be fine for a few years, especially since she usually drives alone. We drove it and it was very quick. Especially for her needs. The new car is scheduled to arrive sometime in May so perfect timing. She loves her GLE and we thought about buying it out but opted for a change. We test drove a 2020 Macan S last week but it did not live up to the hype in my opinion. Checked out the Cayenne but it was not to our liking. Plus, I think Porsche puts way too many buttons in their cars. It’s almost overwhelming.

We ordered the GLC43 in Brilliant Blue Metallic and I can’t wait to detail it. It got every possible option except the sport seat package as I’m big and don’t want to fit snug in those seats. We opted to stick w the 20” all season rims and tires w black inserts as the winters are hard on tires and rims in the north east w pot holes and what not.

For the exterior I will be coating it w CQuartz UK3.0 and topping w Gliss 2.0. The leather will get coated w CQuartz leather. Not sure what I will use on the rims yet. I’m also wondering if I should coat the interior Carbon Fiber trim? if anyone has any suggestions on what they do w interior carbon fiber please post up. Thanks and I look forward to posting in this thread once I have received the car.
    2005 Nissan 350z (Polish Angel Viking-Coat)/2020 AMG GLC43 (Polish Angel Viking-Coat and Auto Gliss 2.0)/2012 Honda Odyssey TE (Jescar Power Lock)/2020 AMG C43 (CQuartz UK3.0 and Auto Gliss 2.0)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ordered next car

Good luck and congratulations!

Post Thanks / Like

Coating the carbon fiber trim is mainly going to make it easier to clean, provide UV protection, etc.

If you want protection against scratches and marring, a protective film is going to probably work best. As an example, XPEL makes PPF kits for interior trim protection, custom-cut by car make and model.

Here's the one for your 2020 MB GLC43 - Interior Kit (ULTIMATE PLUS)

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by ntwillie1 View Post
    For the exterior I will be coating it w CQuartz UK3.0 and topping w Gliss 2.0. The leather will get coated w CQuartz leather. Not sure what I will use on the rims yet. I’m also wondering if I should coat the interior Carbon Fiber trim? if anyone has any suggestions on what they do w interior carbon fiber please post up. Thanks and I look forward to posting in this thread once I have received the car.
    You can get the large bottle of CQUK 3.0 and coat the paint, wheels and interior trim. It will work fine if you don't want to invest in a dedicated wheel coating. If you are going to coat trim then you can use DLUX as it works on both wheels and trim.

Post Thanks / Like

How does it work when you lease a car: Can you still instruct the dealer to not touch it when it comes in even though it’s not yours? I can see the dealer being especially resistant to not touching the car since you’re not buying it.

Any way, hope you get it in pristine condition.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

6. Dislikes Diner disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Everyone.

Rambler, I didn’t know they made interior film kits. Thanks for posting that. I will consider it. I recently ordered one for my front bumper of my 550 but I’m waiting for it to get warmer before I apply.

Guz- I will likely use uk3.0 as I have plenty and trying to get through it so I can try something else. I think I may have enough to coat 1-2 more cars .

Bill - I can tell them not to do anything to the car and they will hand it over dirty. They don’t like doing things like that but at the same time they know how crazy I am w my paint. The only thing is my wife usually gets the car for her bday and they put a nice bow on it when she picks it up. It would look pretty funny if it was kinda dirty w a bow on it. I don’t mind if they clean it as I always polish and prep before a coating anyway. Hopefully they won’t cause any damage. Their detailers are actually pretty decent.
    2005 Nissan 350z (Polish Angel Viking-Coat)/2020 AMG GLC43 (Polish Angel Viking-Coat and Auto Gliss 2.0)/2012 Honda Odyssey TE (Jescar Power Lock)/2020 AMG C43 (CQuartz UK3.0 and Auto Gliss 2.0)

Post Thanks / Like

I’m hoping it comes in with nothing you can’t handle. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    How does it work when you lease a car: Can you still instruct the dealer to not touch it when it comes in even though it’s not yours? I can see the dealer being especially resistant to not touching the car since you’re not buying it.

Any way, hope you get it in pristine condition.
    Who said that the car was not his? It's his until the lease is up.

Post Thanks / Like

I only mean it being a lease as opposed to a purchase. Nothing wrong with that. My next car is going to be a lease.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I only mean it being a lease as opposed to a purchase. Nothing wrong with that. My next car is going to be a lease.
    When you lease the dealer is still making the sale, it's the bank that will own most of the car and take it back when you're done with the lease but the dealer sold the car and got their money for it. I bet they don't care at all if you lease/finance/buy outright.
    Bruno Soares

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast