autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My new car: 2000 Cadillac DHS

I love to hear ownership stories like that. Always good to know there was an emotional bond to the car. I wish I had that with my own Cadillac. I wonder how the son and daughter will respond if you return the photo. Maybe they can see how the car looks now. Let us know if they ever do see it. Such a nice story.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

2. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My new car: 2000 Cadillac DHS

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post
    I'd be interested to see some pics if you're willing to show them?
    Thanks for the interest.
    I’d like to show as many as I could, but TBO there’s so many it would require its own dedicated thread and I’m not sure if enough people would be interested in caring to look.. Because in order to really do it justice I’d probably wind up spending hours & hours creating such a thread because IMO there’s so many interesting details that deserve at least a quik mention and picture.

I have original Cadillac brochures, in most cases at least 2 examples for each year of the regular and prestige brochure dating back to 1927- all the way through the current year of 2020.
    And from 1923-all the way back to 1904 only missing a few oddball years in between. The very 1st Cadillac brochure ever made was in 1902 and last time I checked zero-maybe 1 is known to still exist.

Here on the right is a legit original of the 1904 Cadillac Brochure. The only other one known to exist is in a automotive museum in St. Louis, MO.
    I consider it priceless because I’ve never seen another 1 like it for sale and if I were to put it for sale I’d ask at least $3,000 dollars. [and that’s a relatively low asking price considering you’ll probably never find another example of it anywhere in the world except maybe that museum and the holy grail collection that 1 man amassed and he passed away many years ago]
    The cover is worn but all pages are in tact.

The brochure on the left side of that pic is the 1931 Cadillac Sixteen Brochure and it’s the 1st year Cadillac introduced the 16 Cylinder Engine. That brochure is regarded as 1 of if not the grandest Cadillac brochure ever created.
    Words used to describe are “the real McCoy” and “Superb piece” and you bet your bottom dollar I have the real McCoy here, as reproductions of this brochure and many others exist, but thankfully there’s a database on the internet describing the hundreds-thousands of brochures in full detail so you can know how to tell an original from re productions.

The differences are usually easy to see and there’s usually a size difference between original and repros but not always and you do have to be wise as buying brochures of this age and rarity usually involves at least $100-$200 dollars each if you get a bargain price.
    [typical retail price for the brochures of this age in good condition are several hundred dollars]

Last time I checked Troxells Automotive Literature website has a list price of that brochure of $700 dollars, however they didn’t have 1 available for sale/out of stock...

But I have 1 in mint condition + it originally came with a pouch envelope attached to the rear inside cover containing 30 designers drawings on thin parchment/tissue like paper. Mine contains all 30 drawings and they’re all in mint condition along with the rest of the brochure.
    If I don’t cash it in before I die I might ask to be buried with it.My new car: 2000 Cadillac DHSLol

I’ve never seen another 1 in any condition for sale in all my time.

Troxells website currently has the 1916 Cadillac Parts List Book in stock and available for purchase @$499.00 dollars. [details say it contains many stained and pages and shows its age/some yellowing]

I’ve got the 1913 Cadillac Parts List Book. It’s missing the front cover, but besides that it’s fully complete and and in fairly good shape. No water damage, all pages are straight, not tattered at all... I can only wonder what the list price on this 1 would be considering it’s 3yrs older than the 1 they’ve got listed for $500 dollars?

And if just the parts book for 1916 is listed @$499.00, then surely the actual 1916 full line brochure is worth more.. They currently don’t have it available, but I’ve got an original in excellent condition.My new car: 2000 Cadillac DHS

You see how I could be here for days? Lol.

Here’s a link to the Cadillac brochure database. This is where all the verification can be researched. It’s like the bible of Cadillac literature. Bless the man who put in the time to put it together.

lit30_34

4. Likes PaulMys, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Make a thread, Ric!!

That would be awesome to see more of those!!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

6. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My new car: 2000 Cadillac DHS

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Make a thread, Ric!!

That would be awesome to see more of those!!
    My fear is making a thread I put the most time and effort into and then getting zero interest. Lol.
    Because lets be honest it’s sort of possible.

Kinda like wearing a white tuxedo... Man you better nail it! Or else.My new car: 2000 Cadillac DHSlol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    My fear is making a thread I put the most time and effort into and then getting zero interest. Lol.
    Because lets be honest it’s sort of possible.

Kinda like wearing a white tuxedo... Man you better nail it! Or else.My new car: 2000 Cadillac DHSlol
    I'll subscribe!!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

9. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank goodness the Henry Ford Company was failing and they brought in another Henry, Henry Leland, to replace him, huh ?

Ford gets a lot of credit for the auto industry, and deservedly so. But IMHO, Leland is the real mack daddy in the genesis of the U.S. auto industry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post
    Thank goodness the Henry Ford Company was failing and they brought in another Henry, Henry Leland, to replace him, huh ?

Ford gets a lot of credit for the auto industry, and deservedly so. But IMHO, Leland is the real mack daddy in the genesis of the U.S. auto industry.
    My minds in a bit of a fog right now because I haven’t eaten yet... But I hope you’re not part of the crowd that says a “Lincoln” actually created “Cadillac”.. I’m not sure whether that’s what you’re hinting at of the other way.. But if you’re saying a Lincoln is actually responsible for creating Cadillac I’ve got a solid reply to prove otherwise.

The complete and entire true history is explained in full detail in chapter 1 of this book.. Not like some short article on the internet or some back page newpaper turned heresy..My new car: 2000 Cadillac DHS But I can take a good joke and I’ve heard it before.

...Soon as I finish these here beers My new car: 2000 Cadillac DHS lol.

Post Thanks / Like

wow that's a great turn around and in great detail too

13. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Nice job, nice color too 😅

15. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bill walsh View Post
    wow that's a great turn around and in great detail too