autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My new car: 2000 Cadillac DHS

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Do we have to call you "Big Pimpin' " now...........?
    Only if he puts "curb feelers" on it.

2. Likes PaulMys, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ric, are you a member of the Cadillac & La Salle Club? I used to be years ago before they modernized their website. You get a monthly magazine if you join which can be very helpful if the right car and topic is covered. It’s a very cool club. I’m considering rejoining if I get around to using my Cadillac again.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

4. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My new car: 2000 Cadillac DHS

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Ric, are you a member of the Cadillac & La Salle Club? I used to be years ago before they modernized their website. You get a monthly magazine if you join which can be very helpful if the right car and topic is covered. It’s a very cool club. I’m considering rejoining if I get around to using my Cadillac again.
    No but it sounds interesting... I think I may have seen some of their vids on YouTube many years ago maybe? It was some serious stuff, like lecture style gatherings where the dudes were going over most peoples heads. Lol. Does that sound like them?

Very vague memories..

I remember the Cadillac Connoisseur Club. Not sure if they’re still alive. Are you familiar with that club?

I’d really like to join a Cadillac club of substance 1 day... For obvious reasons.. But I’d also finally meet people who’d appreciate my vast collection of Cadillac Automobilia. You’d be hard pressed to find a museum with a collection that rivals mine.

Do you know about my collection of original Cadillac brochures?

Post Thanks / Like

The only national Cadillac club I’m aware of is the Cadillac & La Salle Club. I never searched YouTube for them. Back when I was a member I got a useful magazine and the opportunity to go on meetups if I were in the area. The club consists of mostly older guys. I’m glad to see they modernized their website and they have a forum.

I think your memorabilia collection would be greatly appreciated by the club. You may even find some other guys who collect it too. I remember you sharing it here.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

7. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great turnaround man!!! Keep the neighbors sprinklers off that beast

Sent from my SM-A205U using Autogeekonline mobile app

9. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome work Ric. Glad to see you back on here.

11. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    No but it sounds interesting... I think I may have seen some of their vids on YouTube many years ago maybe? It was some serious stuff, like lecture style gatherings where the dudes were going over most peoples heads. Lol. Does that sound like them?

Very vague memories..

I remember the Cadillac Connoisseur Club. Not sure if they’re still alive. Are you familiar with that club?

I’d really like to join a Cadillac club of substance 1 day... For obvious reasons.. But I’d also finally meet people who’d appreciate my vast collection of Cadillac Automobilia. You’d be hard pressed to find a museum with a collection that rivals mine.

Do you know about my collection of original Cadillac brochures?
    I'd be interested to see some pics if you're willing to show them?
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

13. Likes Eldorado2k, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful work sir, that is a makeover!

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

15. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    Each freaking set of pictures I kept thinking "Wow make sure to mention how nice that turned out" then I got to the point where I decided I would just say GOD DAMN! The whole thing turned out stunning!! 20 years old and 130k miles but it looks really really really great!!! Great work!!!
    Thanks man! Reading your awesome comment has me grinning from ear to ear.My new car: 2000 Cadillac DHS

Quote Originally Posted by hoyt66 View Post
    Yes, that was very long,,I enjoyed every bit of it. Great work!!
    I remember you making a nice comment similar to this on my previous cars thread over a yr. ago... I’m glad I was able to deliver to at least the same level.My new car: 2000 Cadillac DHS

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    That bay looked like it may have never been clean. If autopia doesnt fix my order and i dont get mckees APC ill be ordering Megs.

Thanks, much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Along with Megs D114, D101 APC is the only other cleaning chemical that I always make sure to have 2 full bottles ready to go at all times. Always @10:1. I wouldn’t be a “detailer” without it.

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    Very very nice! Your hard work shows everywhere. I hope the Northstar V-8 holds up.
    Yep, never a day without a little worry in the back of your head when driving a Cadillac. Lol. *knock on wood*

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Wow! Great job. With the level of work and the results, it would almost classify as a "restoration" if the car was older!
    You’re too kind. Thank you.My new car: 2000 Cadillac DHSMy new car: 2000 Cadillac DHS

Quote Originally Posted by WaxMaster1 View Post
    Awesome job!! I think my favorite part was the jambs followed by the 50/50 of the leather seats.
    WaxMaster! Great to see you! Ya know that you were the very 1st person I told when I bought this car? I didn’t tell anyone else till nearly a whole day later.

I’ll always remember you sending me ads of Cadillacs that were for sale that I might like, even if they were on the other side of the country, it’s the thought that counts and I truly appreciated it. Thank you for being a great friend.My new car: 2000 Cadillac DHS

Here’s a pretty gnarly before/after of the drivers seat leather.My new car: 2000 Cadillac DHS

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    What a way to bring an old Cadillac back to life! Reminds me when I did mine way back when. I love the unique color! Drive it in good health!
    Tip the cap, Cadillac brother. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    Nice detailed post. I'm not a fan of Cadillacs at all but yours looks mint. Nice job restoring it. Hopefully you get to enjoy it for a long time.
    Thank you, sir. Respect.

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Thank you for all the photos. I'm shocked at your success with the floor mats. Looking at the pictures, I didn't think you'd get the crevasses of the wheel interior clean, but WOW! I've never heard of Brown Royal but it goes on my shopping list now. Really well done!
    That Brown Royal is on a whole nother level.

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post
    Love the color of the paint.great job. I think my favorite parts were the wheels and the new pillars. That added a lot of “wow” to the cleanup.
    It took me forever to finally quit being cheap and order the pillars. Lol. By shear luck they arrived from Korea in about a week, just in time to complete everything.My new car: 2000 Cadillac DHS [never have I seen a package from China/Asia arrive so fast]lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim w View Post
    Eldorado I have been waiting for this post since
    your misfortunate accident.

Your new car looks great, and I would not expect
    anything less. Great job my friend.

Jim
    Always appreciate the kind words, Jim. I’m glad there’s good people like you out there that get it.My new car: 2000 Cadillac DHS

Quote Originally Posted by atgonzales View Post
    Nicely done
    ThanksMy new car: 2000 Cadillac DHS

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Awesome job. Never believed you could do all that work especially the wheels off so soon after your accident. Great recovery on both your car and your body.
    My friend deserves the credit for the heavy lifting/providing the tools on that 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Great work! Enjoyed your pics and write up!

You could now flip that thing for double or more of what you paid!

Looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That would be sweet side hustle, but I only want to detail and re sell Cadillacs.My new car: 2000 Cadillac DHSlol. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post
    Great work all around, but the "saves" on the carpet/mats and wheels really stand out !
    Well thanks, but I almost feel like I can’t take all the credit.. Reason being is Cadillacs come with pretty beefy carpet & matts that at least IMO seems to be extremely resilient and therefore clean up very good. I’ve never met a carpet or matt in a Caddy that didn’t clean up like it supposed to. Or maybe it’s just 1 of those deals where things seem to fall in place and work out.My new car: 2000 Cadillac DHS

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Very cool, Ric!!

Do we have to call you "Big Pimpin' " now...........?
    NowMy new car: 2000 Cadillac DHSPfft, Cmon bro, I’ve been pimpin my whole life! I thought you knew.My new car: 2000 Cadillac DHSMy new car: 2000 Cadillac DHSlol.

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post
    Only if he puts "curb feelers" on it.
    Don’t give me any stupid ideas, because I might just do them.My new car: 2000 Cadillac DHSlol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rrthomas78 View Post
    Great turnaround man!!! Keep the neighbors sprinklers off that beast

Sent from my SM-A205U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Don’t jinx me man. Lol. J/k

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Awesome work Ric. Glad to see you back on here.
    Thanks bro.My new car: 2000 Cadillac DHS

17. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Wow!

You done did that car right!

If that car could talk, I'm confident it would say,

Thank you!

As is your norm, pro quality work through-and-through. Thank you for sharing!

Thanks Mike. As I read your comment I can’t help but think of the words that were repeatedly said to me the day I took the keys to this car... The original owner of this car had slowly developed a certain disease which had gotten to the point where he could no longer drive his vehicles, and speaking with his son this was the 1st one to part with because the others were classics and therefore going to take more time and thought..

I met the owners son & daughter, both in their early 20’s once to test drive, and the 2nd meeting was to purchase the car. They seemed like cool people but conversation was mostly kept to exchanging the title, etc. so they obviously didn’t know what my plans for the car would be.. The son kept telling me about how much his father loved this car and how he always took care of it just so I would keep that in mind... The whole time I’m just being respectful and sort of nervous excited also trying to get a true sense of the deal at hand.

On the day I showed up to officially hand over the cash and get the keys he still didn’t know much about me other than I lived 15-20min. away. As he handed me the keys and shook my hand he said “alright man it’s yours, please take care of my dads car and if you ever wanna sell it for whatever reason give me a call and give me the chance to buy it back no questions asked”

His sister in the back said “please take care of my dads car”!

With the keys finally in hand I slowly pointed at him as it began to sink in and I told him, “your dads car couldn’t be going to a better home, if you only knew”
    “Tell him his car will be taken care of”

...While cleaning out the tons of bits & debris out of the center console I found a tiny 1.5”x1.5” color photo of the son & daughter who sold me their fathers car.. Old picture as the girl looks to be about 4 and the son maybe 7yrs. old, just kids. Their father must’ve put that picture there maybe 15+yrs ago...

Out of respect I still have the picture and put it in a safe place and I’ve thought about sending it to the son’s address in a years time from the date of purchase, just to let him know I found that pic and wanted to return it, but also to let him know his daddys car is being well taken care of with a couple pics of how it looks now. World Class Detailed! My new car: 2000 Cadillac DHS Cleaner than ever.My new car: 2000 Cadillac DHS

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B. View Post
    Wow! Great job bringing this Cadillac DHS back to life. I hope you enjoy driving this one and stay safe.
    Thank you for the safe wishes. Likewise my friend.My new car: 2000 Cadillac DHS

19. Likes oneheadlite, Coatingsarecrack, Diner liked this post
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast