autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2019 Blazer RS AWD

This belongs to the wife of my uncle. She has owned it for 6 months. It is a 2019 Blazer RS in nightfall gray metallic. There was a break in the rain the day after thanksgiving and I took advantage of it.

It received the typical chemical decontamination, wash, mechanical decontamination along with chemically decontaminating the wheels and cleaning the tires.

After claying and visually inspecting the paint there was some water spots that were on the hood, front roof and a couple minor ones on the mirrors. These water spots are etched to the point where chemically and mechanically polishing/compounding was not removing them. At this point I left them as is. One has to make the call on when enough is enough without making things worse while maintaining the integrity of the clear coat.

Other than that the paint was defect free.

Even the pillars looked good.

The process was polishing with Essence on Rupes yellow foam pad. Essence sat overnight after the initial wipe off and lightly prep wiped the following day with Eraser. The paint was then coated with two coats of Cquartz Lite. Topped off with Drexler Ceramic #3 Top Coat Care silica spray sealant the following day.

I chose to use Drexler as I am not a fan of Reload's overall performance.

Wheels were prep wiped with Eraser, coated with Cquartz Lite and topped off the following day with Drexler Ceramic #3 Top Coat Care silica spray sealant the following day. A wheels off is a job for another day as they could use a good polishing.

The glass was also polished and coated. The glass was decontaminated during the prep process. The front was polished with McKee’s 37 Glass Restorer Polish, prep wiped with Eraser and followed up with a double coat of Drexler Ceramic Glass Coat.

The side and rear glass was polished with Essence during the polishing phase, prep wiped with Eraser during the paint prep wipe and coated with one coat of Drexler Ceramic Glass Coat. This is an experiment to see if Essence plays well on glass topped with a glass coating.

The interior was cleaned up as well. All leather was cleaned and coated with Cquartz Leather. The plastic was cleaned with CarPro Inside at 1:1 and dressed with Gyeon Preserve.

The piano trim on the center console was polished with Essence on a Rupes yellow foam pad using the iBrid nano. It was prep wiped with Eraser and coated with Cquartz UK.

The finishing touch

Final images

Products used.

Meguiar’s D1801
    McKee’s Coating Prep Wash
    Mckee’s glass restorer polish
    Drexler Ceramic Glass Coat
    CarPro Perl 1:1
    CarPro DLUX
    Essence
    Cquartz Lite
    Drexler Ceramic #3 Top Coat Care
    Cquartz Leather
    Blackfire AIO Tire & Trim

2. Likes vobro, Bruno Soares, Diner, Loach, UncleDavy and 6 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2019 Blazer RS AWD

Sure is glossy! Great work. I like the color a lot.
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

4. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks great Guz!

6. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post
    Sure is glossy! Great work. I like the color a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by vobro View Post
    Looks great Guz!
    Thank you to the both of you.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah that dark grey looks unreal! Chevy’s coming out with some amazing looking vehicles just wish they’d tone down on the black trim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Yeah that dark grey looks unreal! Chevy’s coming out with some amazing looking vehicles just wish they’d tone down on the black trim

Black trim won't be going away anytime soon. Especially on these lifted hatchbacks. Gotta ha e the black trim to make them look "tough and rugged."

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

11. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah buddy!!

Nice work as always my friend. Man that’s a sweet looking ride for an SUV .... being a family man, not everything can be a Porsche or Lamborghini. Dig that colour too, tell me guys - are these American made GM machines???

This looks a lot better than a couple of the Asian GM variants we get down here.

Good post The Guz, thank you for sharing.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

13. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks great my man! Nice to hear you take the conservative approach to correction/defect removal. I like that!

Great looking SUV!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

15. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, great write-up on a very nice looking Blazer. I think Chevy got this design right.

I do not like how Chevy does the LED DRL and headlamps in separate locations. The Jeep Cherokee had this weird design too until they refreshed the front end. It confuses me at night when I see the headlamps so low. Always think these people have just their fog lights on. From a design standpoint they look stylish having thin DRL’s.

I saw your video come up on my youtube feed. I’ll have to watch it.

17. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

Thanks. They did a good job on this Blazer in the RS trim. It's pretty quick as well when I drove it for the day. Selectable sport modes paired with the 3.6L V6 that puts out 308 HP.

The piano trim will be a headache for sure. Same material as the pillars. One thing is it does look better than the textured trim.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post
    Yeah buddy!!

Nice work as always my friend. Man that’s a sweet looking ride for an SUV .... being a family man, not everything can be a Porsche or Lamborghini. Dig that colour too, tell me guys - are these American made GM machines???

This looks a lot better than a couple of the Asian GM variants we get down here.

Good post The Guz, thank you for sharing.

Aaryn NZ.
    Thanks Aaryn. GM took inspiration from the Camaro on this one. The interior also has touches of the Camaro along with the seats out of 2015-2020 Impala.

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Looks great my man! Nice to hear you take the conservative approach to correction/defect removal. I like that!

Great looking SUV!
    Thanks. It is disappointing and I wanted to get them out but it's better to have more clear than none on a brand new car.

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post
    Wow, great write-up on a very nice looking Blazer. I think Chevy got this design right.

I do not like how Chevy does the LED DRL and headlamps in separate locations. The Jeep Cherokee had this weird design too until they refreshed the front end. It confuses me at night when I see the headlamps so low. Always think these people have just their fog lights on. From a design standpoint they look stylish having thin DRL’s.

I saw your video come up on my youtube feed. I’ll have to watch it.
    Thanks. I agree about the headlight design being a bit awkward.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast