autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

My new (to me) 2010 Audi S4, Prestige! :) Come join me through this journey...

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to share some of the progress on my 2010 Audi S4. Recently bought it from a friend's family. It's pretty sweet! Wish I had taken more pics of the interior, but will have that maybe later in a couple of days.

For now, here's a pic of how she sits right now.

I love me a black car...

Super fast.

Anyway--so I am working on restoring it to it's full glory! The inside was super dirty. A lot of dog hair, stains all over, coffee spilled on the beautiful Alcántara seats and the carpet.

Got that out with the Sonax Alcántara cleaner which is amazing. Left it smelling real clean too.

The leather on the backside of the seats have these stains that I can't seem to get out. I tried all kinds of cleaners and even went heavy duty to see if it would even make a dent, I used a tough APC and it did NOTHING!

Any Idea what this could be??

As for the paint, I spent a couple of hours today for prepping the paint to hopefully get the swirls/scratches (most) out next week. I washed it with CG Citrus Wash, decon'd it with Car Pro TRIX (tar and iron remover), and then after that noticed I still had a bunch of tar that wasn't coming out behind the wheels. I used Car Pro Tar Remover, which did the trick! I thoght it was tar behind the back wheels, used the tar remover and even tarminator and it did nothing. I wonder if this is road paint or something? Have no idea what to do here either...

Well after getting the car all nicely cleaned up, I decided to do a test run to get game plan down for next week. I read a lot of how hard the paint is is on Audi's, so I tried the medium cut 2500 from Menzerna...didn't do ANYTHING. Took out the spiderwebbing...but a ton of scratches left.

So i jumped up to my FG400 and and the megs MF pads. Did an AWESOME job in the test spot. So that's what I am going to go wtih next week. This is the first time this woudl be done on this car as before the owner didn't do anything close but probably just waxing.

I also used it on the headlights which are all scratched up and a bit hazy. It did a good job...but not amazig like I've experienced wtih other cars. If anything, I am scared I did something to the headlight. It left a weird 'haze' which I am not sure if that was me or if it's inside the lens....

But to end my little start post on a good note, here's the exhaust tips of the car, that were ALLLL black when I got the car. The girlfriend is amazing. She saw the tips and said she wanted to give it a shot. I honestly find it super tedious and hate doing it. She went at it for almost 2 hours...and went from full black tips...to THIS!! Yes..she's a keeper. Last GF couldn't careless about detailing...

Anyway...that's all for now. Will have more pics up probably next week when I get close or encounter any issues haha.

Thanks for looking. Let me know if you can help with my 'issues' or want to say hello.

2. Likes SWETM, fly07sti, PM5C, JKDesign liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My new (to me) 2010 Audi S4, Prestige! :) Come join me through this journey...

Nice post, nice car. Not sure what the stains on the seat could be, sorry.

I’m dealing with some stuff behind my wheel wells right now that wouldn’t cone off my car before it’s last major detail. I don’t want to ruin the LSP now but next detail I will try Goo Gone or Goof Off as these totally got tar and sap off my wife’s car when other things couldn’t. Couldn’t hurt to try these behind your rear wheels, cheap and available locally.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My new (to me) 2010 Audi S4, Prestige! :) Come join me through this journey...

Congrats on the new Audi! Very cool car!

Spots behind the rear wheels almost look like it's been sandblasted by road debris/etc.

Can't help you with the leather stains, look like something dripped down them, maybe dog saliva? May have been a bit acidic and stained the leather...

Anyway, subscribed for more updates!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that first pic doesn't look like a 2010. More like 2018. The chips behind the wheel look like paint chips to be. Down to primer, That's what they look like when they are on my car. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Audi S4...my favorite! I can’t wait to see more.

High-End Paint Correction and Opti-Coat Ceramic Coatings * Portsmouth, NH

Post Thanks / Like

Nice car!

The leather stains looks like dog slobber, as mentioned.

Spot behind rear wheels looks like paint to me.

Those exhaust tips came out really well. Get used to cleaning those, Audi's always have the dirtiest exhaust.
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Nice post, nice car. Not sure what the stains on the seat could be, sorry.

I’m dealing with some stuff behind my wheel wells right now that wouldn’t cone off my car before it’s last major detail. I don’t want to ruin the LSP now but next detail I will try Goo Gone or Goof Off as these totally got tar and sap off my wife’s car when other things couldn’t. Couldn’t hurt to try these behind your rear wheels, cheap and available locally.
    Yea...not sure. I may even end up repainting the bumper. It's got other scratches and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Congrats on the new Audi! Very cool car!

Spots behind the rear wheels almost look like it's been sandblasted by road debris/etc.

Can't help you with the leather stains, look like something dripped down them, maybe dog saliva? May have been a bit acidic and stained the leather...

Anyway, subscribed for more updates!
    Yea!! I thnk it is, actually. The owner had a dog, and now that you mention it...it probably is.

So does that mean I am kind of screwed on that?
    Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Wow that first pic doesn't look like a 2010. More like 2018. The chips behind the wheel look like paint chips to be. Down to primer, That's what they look like when they are on my car. Good luck!
    Thanks! Yea--another reason why I bought it. The car just doesn't look like a 2010!

Feeling the bumper though, it felt bumpy not so much 'in the paint'.

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post
    Nice car!

The leather stains looks like dog slobber, as mentioned.

Spot behind rear wheels looks like paint to me.

Those exhaust tips came out really well. Get used to cleaning those, Audi's always have the dirtiest exhaust.
    Yep. I think that's it...

Is there any way to get the slobber out?

Oh man, not looking forward to keeping the tips clean.

Post Thanks / Like

Good question, I've been able to remove some of it with a soft brush and interior detailer, but it was pretty fresh. Try any leather specific products?
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post
    Good question, I've been able to remove some of it with a soft brush and interior detailer, but it was pretty fresh. Try any leather specific products?
    I did a quick search and found someone suggesting to use magic eraser but to do it very softly cause it could eat through the coating.... :/

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to the S4!

I had I think the first S4 modell a 1992 with the 5-cylinder turbo engine. They used a rare front brakes on that first year modell called UFO brakes. Instead of the caliper sits on top of the brake disc the calipers on the UFO they sits on the inside of the brake disc. Or maybe easier explain the calipers grips from the inside. This made so you had a very larger diameter of the brake disc. But it had like cage for safety reasons if the brake pads where to get loose these would catch them. Or you could have them flying out through the fender LOL. Looked a little strange with the original coated aluminum rims and it looked like you had a steel rim inside of it. Or that you had a steel rim with a cover on it. But man where those great brakes. And I loved that slightly tuned 5-cyl turbo engine. Also an amazing car in the winters here in Sweden on snow roads. Studded winter tires and I got every where. The 4wd was incredible on these Audi S4 and that without any traction control on LOL. Misses that car even today.

The back bumper seems to be sandblasting from the tires with rock. If you are certain or feel to try out if it is road paint. 3M General Adhisive Remover and or a Graffiti Remover should work. Wet a mf towel with this solution on a small spot of the towel and hold it against where you have it as low down as possible for 3-4 minutes. Then gently wipe it inwards the spot center where you holded the mf towel on and scope it up. If it's working work in smaller sections and if it's smears switch to a fresh spot of the mf towel so it's able to pick it up. Even a plastic razor blade can be usefull when it's softened up by the cleaner to get the bulk of the paint off.

Fun times a head with the Audi S4!

/ Tony

12. Likes Matador liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast