autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bueller.....Bueller.....

Cool car! Bueller would have needed you back in the day LOL

/ Tony

2. Likes garyg7133 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Cool car! Bueller would have needed you back in the day LOL

/ Tony
    No joke. In fact, I was reading up on the movie car yesterday. Turns out there were at least 3 of them, possibly 4. 3 were replicas built specifically for the movie and 1 was the real deal used for the close up shots. One was so badly assembled when it arrived on set that it couldn't be driven. That one turned out to be the one that they reversed out the window into the ravine.
    One had an automatic transmission installed because Broderick couldn't really drive stick at the time. This one had some dings on the windshield frame from where they had attached cameras for front seat shots. The other was nearly destroyed while filming the scenes with the valet flying over the hill while joyriding.

4. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by garyg7133 View Post
    No joke. In fact, I was reading up on the movie car yesterday. Turns out there were at least 3 of them, possibly 4. 3 were replicas built specifically for the movie and 1 was the real deal used for the close up shots. One was so badly assembled when it arrived on set that it couldn't be driven. That one turned out to be the one that they reversed out the window into the ravine.
    One had an automatic transmission installed because Broderick couldn't really drive stick at the time. This one had some dings on the windshield frame from where they had attached cameras for front seat shots. The other was nearly destroyed while filming the scenes with the valet flying over the hill while joyriding.
    Very cool!
    Matthew Broderick spoke about these cars when he was on "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee" in the newest season.

Post Thanks / Like

I showed the photos to a friend at work today who happens to be close with Mia Sara (small world) . Turns out she was on set and said that there was another one that didn't work at all that they basically just used for green screen shots. She had me send her my photos so she could send them to Mia which should be interesting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.