autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toyota Hilux Head Turning Turnaround.

Whoa! That thing was NASTY!!

Awesome magic trick on that one, Aaryn. Lol

When are you going to run that wood through your thickness planer and re-stain it?

J/K man. Truck looks amazing.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree with Mike P on passing it to someone else. Get anxiety just looking at the pictures. But on the other hand it’s because you take on vehicles like this and crush the work that you are as successful as you are. You are my detailing hero!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMiglio View Post
    Great thread and documentation as always Aaryn!!

There’s a forum member with a quote from Mike Phillips, something along the lines of, “I’ve seen people’s hand washes look better than others full details.”

If ever there was a set of pictures to prove that point, the first few before/after pics are all the proof needed.
    Thank you DMiglio.

Yeah, that’s one I remember from Mike too. I’ve had a few people come into the shop & comment on a car that’s being worked on & say how good it looks, I have done nothing but wash it at that stage & I think of that quote from Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post
    I couldn't have said it any better than DMiglio! Unbelievable but then again, somewhat sad because it'll be trashed again in no time but, hey...it's a work truck. (note to self - get over it. they paid decent money and will most likely be back!)
    Haha, thanks Paul A.

Yeah, that’s a down side for sure but hey, it’s a pay day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Wow!

I vote,

Best Detail of the year.

Best recovery of the year.

Grossest detail of the year.

Best photo-documented detail of the year.

Me?

I would have kindly let the guy know my schedule is full and sent him to you.

Alright!!! Thanks for the Votes my friend.

I enjoy the challenge of these jobs but unfortunately the more modern the vehicle the less chance of a good result. Everything is being manufactured (it seems anyway) from the cheapest materials nowadays & nothing is made to last.

Quote Originally Posted by TNcoupe View Post
    OMG that's terrible. Who lets their truck get that bad even though it is a work truck.
    Yeah, really there is no excuse for that. Even a hour or so every week would see a vehicle maintained to a decent enough level.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 NC Guy View Post
    What ever you charged him...................Wasn't Enough. Fantastic work!!!
    Thanks 1 NC Guy.

Probably not but I get much of my reward in the results. Appreciate the comment buddy.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Awesome work Aaryn and an amazing save!

What's also is incredible is the short time it got you and it's spotless clean!

High quality of the work and man the Ute looks brand new.

Must ask but have an idea of what it can be. Is it Carpro PERL you put on the tires and trim? Those tires looked like they could not be coming back but man was I wrong LOL. Just awesome Aaryn!

/ Tony
    Thank you Tony my friend.

Ahh, actually on the tyres, given the nature of work for this truck I avoid using any dressings at all to stop the dust clinging. These were machine scrubbed with an APC diluted a little on the strong side.

Thanks for taking the time to comment mate.

Quote Originally Posted by j.williams@perpetualradiance View Post
    Those before and after pictures are infomercial level, by that I mean too good to believe. If I needed a detailer in your area and saw those pics on your web site you would have a life long customer. And whatever products you used for the interior, the companies should sponsor you and give you free products for life. I want to run out and buy everything you used lol. I HATE when I watch YT videos where they demo a product and act like the car's in bad shape, when the before looks 7.5/10 to me. You took a 2 to a 10. That's how a before and after should be.

The exterior job was wow, like super wow
    but the interior? MY GAAAAAAAAAWD! You my friend win the internet with this detail, and I'm glad you're in another country. I don't even want competition like this in my state, hell even my country! How many microfibers did you kill doing this?

You have inspired me to find the more tore down work truck I can find so I can have before and after pictures for my web site. *claps*
    Thank you j.williams@perpetualradiance.

Wow, thank s for the props my friend.

I have my process down pretty slick on these ones & most of it is just scrubbing away. One of the best investments I had ever made in the shop is the Cyclo Scrubbing Brush Attachments, man, they just kick @$$. Ooooh, at a guess I would say 15-20 microfibre towels.

Thanks again mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post
    I'm starting to think there's some black magic going on here...or you're going to the dealership when they buy the vehicle, take pictures then tell them you'll see them back in 5 years and to not wipe single spec of dirt during that time!!

Absolutely mind blowing the transformation you created with that truck!
    Hahahaha, thank you Jayfro.

I laughed at this this morning but damn! You’re onto me!

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

5. Thanks SWETM thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Whoa! That thing was NASTY!!

Awesome magic trick on that one, Aaryn. Lol

When are you going to run that wood through your thickness planer and re-stain it?

J/K man. Truck looks amazing.
    Cheers PaulMys.

Haha, actually Ange & I mentioned that when she stopped by for a quick lunch break. Wood look so much better wooden it!? I think if it had of been stained already & not that nasty old fence paint I wood have just done it too. Ange’s Dad has a thickness planer too, me .... I’m not allowed anything sharper than a microfibre towel. Fun haters.

Thanks for chiming in my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    I totally agree with Mike P on passing it to someone else. Get anxiety just looking at the pictures. But on the other hand it’s because you take on vehicles like this and crush the work that you are as successful as you are. You are my detailing hero!

Hahaha, thank you Don.

When you guys come down for a vacation I’ll be sure to not have something like this in the shop to work on.

Aaryn NZ.

7. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL DONT kill me but I totally would have painted the wood on the bed

Awesome job!
    Dam that interior! EEEEEK!
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

9. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Two words,,,Eeeek and WOW!!

Post Thanks / Like

Great looking work truck...now! Well done Aaryn!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you know if the truck was used by a single employee, or if it was used by random workers? If it's one dude someone should have recorded his reaction when he saw it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12