autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Production Detailing Kiwi Style.

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Nice turnaround on that Aaryn! Looks great...good time frame to complete that as well!
    Cheers Scott.

As always - appreciate you taking the time to comment, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post
    The only thing better than the detailing on the VW is the photos and documentation. Get that customer on a maintenance detail regimen. In all honesty I’d rather look at real cars get detailed due to the huge gains that are achieved. Excellent work!

Post all the production details you have time for. Very enjoyable to read/look at
    Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post
    5:30 pm and dark outside. You guys are all turned around down there

Post some Christmas/December photos and that will make us all jealous.
    Thank you LEDetailing.

Appreciate the kind words my friend. Deal! I have a few I can post up, this is what I do much of the time so I won’t be short of content. It takes a little time to do the whole “before & after” pictures & I generally try to do these as they’re good advertising on Facebook for me, I must remember to post them up here too.

Haha, yeah - it’s dark when I leave home in the morning & it’s dark when I leave work at night . . . We have our first “spring” lambs bouncing around in our region over the weekend which unfortunately means pollen season is nigh.

Awh, you know what - we’re going to be in Florida this Christmas through til early/mid January. Going to getting together with Mike & hopefully a few AGO Forum Members in the Show Car Garage too if you’re floating around that way!

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Awesome write up and pictures my friend!

You really have it dialed in the process of production detailing. Interesting to read about the different difficults in the environment you live in. The winter tires here in Sweden is 50/50 studded ones. And that does a trick on the asphalt roads and gets you a lot of tar spots. So reading about the first decon step to get the tar off the vehicals is what's done here too.

WOW what a difference between before and after pictures from the interior clean up. And how great you where able to clean it up. The dirty water in the hot water extractor is often an awefull sight LOL. There you really see what amount of dirt you can remove with it.

The exterior came out great too. An awesome clean up on both exterior and interior you are doing. And during 8 work hours is impresive to say the least.

Also great to see and hear how the production detailing is what is mostly done in a detailing business.

Awesome work Aaryn!

/ Tony
    Thank you Tony.

“Touch wood” I am very methodical in much of what I do, so I have a good system down where I very rarely have to touch anything twice. Around the 8 hour mark is right on the money for a car in this condition, sure a little more time would be handy but hey, I can still hustle when I need to.

Hahaha, at times Tony I really do wish I never see what comes out of the extractor . . .

Thank you so much for your comments my friend - Tack.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

2. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful transformation, Aaryn. Loved the pics with the Bug in the background...kinda then and now perspective.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post
    Beautiful transformation, Aaryn. Loved the pics with the Bug in the background...kinda then and now perspective.
    Thank you Paul A.

Appreciate it buddy. Actually, in the garage at home we have a Type 4 411 Variant which I guess was the last VW Station Wagon they made before the Passat.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

. . . This one.

Aaryn NZ.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

What do you charge for all that work?

Post Thanks / Like

As always beautiful work! It's way cool to see cars with the steering wheel on the right side! KEEP ON ROCKING!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Goodness Aaryn. I think the better part of a week is what it would take me to get those results. If I was wearing a hat I’d tip my hat to you. Instead I’ll take a wee sip of Blade & Bow in your honor.

Cheers.
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful work sir!

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luckydawg View Post
    What do you charge for all that work?
    A whole lot less than I should but enough to keep my head above water for another day . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    As always beautiful work! It's way cool to see cars with the steering wheel on the right side! KEEP ON ROCKING!
    Thanks Kamakaz1961.

Appreciate your comments buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterpaul View Post
    Goodness Aaryn. I think the better part of a week is what it would take me to get those results. If I was wearing a hat I’d tip my hat to you. Instead I’ll take a wee sip of Blade & Bow in your honor.

Cheers.
    Thank you Misterpaul.

Never heard of Blade & Bow . . . Had to google it to see what it was . . . Yummo! Good taste there my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post
    Beautiful work sir!

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Thank you Jayfro.

Appreciate the kind words mate.

Aaryn NZ.

11. Dislikes luckydawg disliked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post

Thanks for the reference Aaryn, appreciate it mate.

I thought I would share a production style detail which probably equates to around 75% of my work load.
    And the last half of your sentence above - I made it BOLD for a reason. Those reading this into the future - if you're just starting out in the detailing business, you need to understand not every car and car owners is going to want a multiple-step show car paint correction and installation of a ceramic paint coating.

And as Aaryn stated above, production style detailing is about 75% of his work load. This will be typical for most.

And the below - copy and paste it somewhere that you can reference it as your Production Detail Cheat Sheet as to what to do so you don't have to guess your way through it.

Washing

I start with an ample spray of a locally (NZ) tar & adhesive remover & let it dwell on the surface to penetrate any tar on the exterior surfaces. Being that NZ is paved with volcanic rock chip & tar we certainly have no shortage of tar adorning our vehicles. A pre wash citrus spray is applied (again, with a pressure sprayer) to the front, wheels, tyres, under the wheel arches, door shuts &/or any other heavier soiled areas & left to dwell also.

Wheels are cleaned & all other surfaces are thoroughly rinsed with a pressure washer, including wheel arches, door shuts etc.

A good solid scrub down of the exterior is carried out, & depending on the condition this is often on the “aggressive” side. Rinsing off I then run foam through m y pressure washer & clay the exterior using a clay towel/mitt & rinse again.

Without being super specific with my times, I finished washing, decontaminating, drying & “stretching” by around 9:30am.
    Now I very rarely alter my process (a methodical creature I am) so after removing any personal items from the VW I set about removing the floor mats, vacuuming, machine scrubbing, extracting them & hanging them up to dry.

Interior

I move on to a thorough vacuum of the interior, all the cracks, crevices, nooks & crannies are done & next up is deep cleaning the seats & carpet.

I have tried a few upholstery cleaners/shampoos over the years, & although the reputation of Chemical Guys has varying opinions around the detailing industry I am a fan of their Lightning Fast Stain Extractor. I spray this on via a pressure sprayer & agitate with a Cyclo (Aqua) Brush attachment, then extract with a hot water extractor.

Once all that is done I move on to cleaning the intricate interior pieces with the Tornador Cleaning Gun & All other associated trim is cleaned down with a mild APC.

Windows attacked inside & out, final vacuum, floor mats outback in, final inspection - done.

So now that the interior is finished up, I turn my attention to the exterior.

Exterior

This is no multi step polishing process on this one, it’s simply not what the customer wanted or even requires. A clean, shiny appearance is all that is needed & that’s what we delivered.

The mighty Flex 3401 is equipped with Lake Country’s Orange SDO Pads & 3D HD Speed is AIO of choice. Two passes, three or four on the visual impact areas, exterior plastic trim is dressed with CarPro Perl as are the tyres ... the door shuts are dusted down & wiped with Megs D156 & I stick a fork in that & call it done.

5:30pm Finished.

Nice.

Complete, detailed info that's also short and to the point.

And when I'm done with a car that's what I do,

Stick a fork in it and call it done and kick it out the door!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast