autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Time lapse paint correction with 3D ONE

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Good job and thanks for posting. I have a black Supra coming to me next month that I may use the bottle of 3D ONE that I've not really ever used. I've just found many other better products that truly allow for a one step correction.
    curious what you like. I'll admit that I bought it when they had a promo that included a free bottle of speed. But the idea of an adjustable compound/polish based on pad was appealing. Not aware of other options that offer this.
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Belo. This particular vehicle was coated afterwards.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

3. Thanks Belo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Making another thread with a little update demo video showing wipe off.

5. Thanks Calendyr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a great time saver when you get it to work. And this is just not for 3D One. If you find the sweet spot for changing to the other pad you can pretty much do it with any polish. A benefit is if you have a wetter polish when you do this. I have seen some useing a compound and wool pad on a DA polisher on harder paints. After 2 passes switch to a polishing pad and finish down with 2 passes. You may use a little extra compound for this but only a drop or 2 extra than useally. And you can go from pretty heavy defects on the paint to LSP ready.

Cool video Justin!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justin at Final Inspection View Post
    I have had people ask me sometimes about a little time saver I do when using 3D ONE.
    I cut with my 21mm and microfiber cutting pad. Then I leave the residue on the paint and switch to a finishing pad with a drop or two of ONE then proceed to finish polish before wiping off.

YouTube
    Wow! Massive contrast in people’s experiences with 3D ONE. I see a few different takes on perception of what “ONE” is too. Some refer to it as an AIO, some refer to it as a “ONE” step polish.

My take on it is that 3D ONE is a “ONE” product system, being that you can use this “ONE” product as a compound through to a finishing polish simply by changing pads.

I gave Justin’s process a try as soon as I got my hands on 3D ONE & although I seldom use Microfibre pads I still follow the same process with Foam/Foam or Wool/Foam & since then I can count on one hand the times I have used anything but 3D ONE as a compound/polish combination. I have had nothing but brilliant results & a pleasurable experience every time I’ve used it & I’m onto my seventh litre of 3D ONE now.

I think a key tip, & I know Justin has mentioned this somewhere before too but for the follow up polish with polishing/finishing pad is to use very minimum product & make use of the residue already on the panel.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

8. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    It's a great time saver when you get it to work. And this is just not for 3D One. If you find the sweet spot for changing to the other pad you can pretty much do it with any polish. A benefit is if you have a wetter polish when you do this. I have seen some useing a compound and wool pad on a DA polisher on harder paints. After 2 passes switch to a polishing pad and finish down with 2 passes. You may use a little extra compound for this but only a drop or 2 extra than useally. And you can go from pretty heavy defects on the paint to LSP ready.

Cool video Justin!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post
    Wow! Massive contrast in people’s experiences with 3D ONE. I see a few different takes on perception of what “ONE” is too. Some refer to it as an AIO, some refer to it as a “ONE” step polish.

My take on it is that 3D ONE is a “ONE” product system, being that you can use this “ONE” product as a compound through to a finishing polish simply by changing pads.

I gave Justin’s process a try as soon as I got my hands on 3D ONE & although I seldom use Microfibre pads I still follow the same process with Foam/Foam or Wool/Foam & since then I can count on one hand the times I have used anything but 3D ONE as a compound/polish combination. I have had nothing but brilliant results & a pleasurable experience every time I’ve used it & I’m onto my seventh litre of 3D ONE now.

I think a key tip, & I know Justin has mentioned this somewhere before too but for the follow up polish with polishing/finishing pad is to use very minimum product & make use of the residue already on the panel.

Aaryn NZ.
    Thanks gents.. Yes the idea is to make use of the product already on the paint.

Aaryn your description of ONE is right on. It's not a AIO. Can it be used for one step correction? Sure. But its intended to be one product for cutting and finishing.

10. Likes Aaryn NZ, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have used that technique with Menzerna HCC 400. That stuff breaks down so finely that I have then switched out to a white LC flat pad and continued working that section to LSP status.

I gotsa get me some 3D One!

12. Likes Aaryn NZ, SWETM liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123