autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Holden Commodore SS Sports Wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Great job on a seriously cool car!
    Cheers Desertnate.

Quote Originally Posted by mc2hill View Post
    Way cool estate Aaryn! Nothing like that here, but may the Buick Regal TourX is a variation?
    Thank you mc2hill.

Ahh, the Buick Regal TourX is what replaced these now that Holden have ceased production in Australia. Badged as a Holden Commodore here but sales have been slow since their release. Are they American made my friend???

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Great work on that Aaryn! And it is a super cool wagon with a great power-plant and drive-train! Wish we has them over here! Love it!
    Cheers Scott.

Good fun to drive ... turn that Traction Control OFF ... 6 on the floor ... yeehaa!

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Awesome finish you got on it Aaryn!

Is Holden a GM owned brand? Wondering if they still have Opel in their company. Kind of looks like an Opel Astra Sports Tourer or the Vauxhall if you get them in the UK. With some little change of the lights and some trim. Useally many shares the same chassi and body. The body can have some slightly changes to on them. Also the Chevrolet Cruze Station Wagon looks a little like this.

Opel Astra Sports Tourer 2012

Chevrolet Cruze Station Wagon 2012.

But the Holden has one big engine in it LOL.

Edit:
    Or maybe it's the bigger Opel Insignia Sports Tourer?

Thank you Tony.

Holden is/was indeed a GM product. These ones were made in Australia up until late 2017 & then shut down operations in Australia in terms of manufacturing. The later variants got the LS3 6.2 litre V8.

We did get the Astra & the Cruze also. Both rebadged as Holden here just like the Buick Regal TourX that mc2hill mentioned earlier.

Appreciate you takin* the time to comment Tony.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

2. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post

Ahh, the Buick Regal TourX is what replaced these now that Holden have ceased production in Australia. Badged as a Holden Commodore here but sales have been slow since their release. Are they American made my friend???
    I would think so, but probably from the same Opel Insignia platform Tony (swetm) mentioned.

4. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The ZB Commodore is based on the Opel Insignia.

The 2020 model will be too.

6. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my goodness what a beauty!! My wife loves her G8,but I so wish they had brought the wagon over here! It would've certainly been more affordable than the CTS V wagon.

8. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AllenK View Post
    Oh my goodness what a beauty!! My wife loves her G8,but I so wish they had brought the wagon over here! It would've certainly been more affordable than the CTS V wagon.
    Thanks AllenK.

Indeed, they are actually a nice Wagon. The rear hatch is thought out really well too . . . You can park (rear facing) right up to a wall & it can open without hitting, handier than it sounds.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post
    Thanks AllenK.

Indeed, they are actually a nice Wagon. The rear hatch is thought out really well too . . . You can park (rear facing) right up to a wall & it can open without hitting, handier than it sounds.

Aaryn NZ.
    The Holden Ute is cool,but the wagon just does it for me! The Caprice PPV is still somewhat of a "secret",but people are figuring out they're very similiar to a G8 and can be picked up dirt cheap. Kinda want one.

My wife bought a pair of running shoes a year or so ago. I went to another store while she did so. I walked up as she was talking to one of the workers/owners outside after her purchase. As soon as I heard him I recognized an Australian accent. I said to myself "I am going to blow this dude's mind by telling him we own a Holden." And,it did! He had no idea about the GTO and the G8 coming here. His wife,not from Australia,was even more baffled.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AllenK View Post
    The Holden Ute is cool,but the wagon just does it for me! The Caprice PPV is still somewhat of a "secret",but people are figuring out they're very similiar to a G8 and can be picked up dirt cheap. Kinda want one.

My wife bought a pair of running shoes a year or so ago. I went to another store while she did so. I walked up as she was talking to one of the workers/owners outside after her purchase. As soon as I heard him I recognized an Australian accent. I said to myself "I am going to blow this dude's mind by telling him we own a Holden." And,it did! He had no idea about the GTO and the G8 coming here. His wife,not from Australia,was even more baffled.

Yeah, the Caprice is a nice car (yeah we got it as the Holden Caprice or Holden Statesman) a lot were/are corporate style cabs here in New Zealand.

Aaryn NZ.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12