autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 Tesla Model 3

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    ^^ I'm with Tom on this. Intrigued by it but isn't it a bit overkill? Why not just apply wheel coating as normal? Honest question as I'm not familiar with the IGL Product lineup and how it's applied vs others. 50Ml+ just seems like an awful lot of coating to be used on that car.

Thanks!
    I've heard other detailers say yes, it wastes more product. But you get done in like 10 to 20 % of the time it would take to apply with a cloth/towel. Very little leveling to do afterwards. When you charge something like $200 to coat a set of wheels, even if you use an entire bottle that cost maybe $40 you're making good profit because you got done so quick.

This is what I heard before and it made sense to me. Of course only applies to those that detail for money and want to get done faster to get more cars in.

Let's hear if this matches Justin's opinion.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    I've heard other detailers say yes, it wastes more product. But you get done in like 10 to 20 % of the time it would take to apply with a cloth/towel. Very little leveling to do afterwards. When you charge something like $200 to coat a set of wheels, even if you use an entire bottle that cost maybe $40 you're making good profit because you got done so quick.

This is what I heard before and it made sense to me. Of course only applies to those that detail for money and want to get done faster to get more cars in.

Let's hear if this matches Justin's opinion.
    That really depends how you coat them.

Because I am mobile, I coat the face of the wheels as part of all my coating packages. But I don't do the barrels.

I had one guy asked me to do only his wheels, they were off the car. So I agreed and told him the price would depend on how long it would take.

Well... Those were not new wheels. So cleaning them correctly, claying them, polishing them, degreasing them and coating them ended up taking 4 hours.

So when you say it is quick to do, it really depends

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    I guess that's one way to deal with it but mudflaps are so ugly... Unless you drive an offroad vehicle that should not be used, it's terrible. But PPF which is the route I'd prefer, costs way more. Good thing I don't drive a Model 3
    Well, we are talking enough debris to basically sandblast the bottom of the car to bare metal. I know PPF is resilient, but I don't think it would survive a constant assault like that for very long.

Post Thanks / Like

So as for spraying. IGL Eclipse is a spray and walk away self leveling coating. Yes I use a bit more but I charge 400$ for a wheels off service and that 50ml includes spraying all 4 inner wheel liners/suspension so it's not much at all. I don't have to do multiple coats or worry about leveling. Prep, spray walk away. Plus spraying honey comb grills is the easiest way for complete coverage. It can be applied by hand when needed but can be a challenge if your not used to it.

I purchase Eclipse by the liter at 1100$. Price per ML is about. 90 cents. So in other words it's a money maker. And will outlast any wheel coating out there. Even IGL wheel coating as it has a 2 year rating in a industrial environment. Rated to 1000 degrees Fahrenheit.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

5. Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12