autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thread: New Truck

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

New Truck

Hi to all,
    I had started a thread late December 2018 to ask for some help on how to detail the exterior on a new Ruby Red Ford F350 I had had on order that was going to be delivered in early February 2019. I received lots of info, that I took into account and closed the thread, ordered lots of products from AG for the truck, and waited for delivery. While waiting......I met Nick from Northern CT Professional Detailing. I checked out his shop and was amazed at what I saw going out the door to customers. After viewing his shops work, I decided to bite the bullet and let them do my new truck, as I did not think I would be able to compete with what I had seen done by them. When I got a call the truck was in at the dealer, I told the dealer not to prep the truck as requested by NCPD, he did not want anyone grinding new scratched into the surface, and I dropped the truck off at NCPD. Two days later I got a call that I could pick up the truck the next day after the products had cured. My wife gave me a ride to get the truck. When she turned the corner into the lot, she saw the truck parked outside in the sun before I did, and blurted out "Do you see that? You better put on your sunglasses!" Well I did see it and when we parked next to it could not believe it was the same truck I dropped off, WOWEEE! The next thing I thought was I don't want to drive the truck and get it dirty. Too bad for that thought. NCPD decontaminated/compounded/polished and applied Gtechiq Crystal Serum and other Gtechniq products to the paint, wheels, chrome, vinyl and glass. 10H paint protection and a nine year guarantee. No waxing for nine years! If only the truck will last that long. I can't say enough about the work, and definitely realized I would not have been able to get the truck to how it is now, without doing that type of work for a living. Kudo's NCPD. I have posted pics of the truck. Check out their web site to see more pics.

I not have lots of products my two sons are interested in using on their daily drivers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Truck-dsc04134_li-jpg   New Truck-dsc04138_li-2-jpg   New Truck-dsc04141_li-2-jpg   New Truck-dsc04145-jpg   New Truck-dsc04157-jpg  

2. Likes Diner, Goonie75, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Truck

Nice looking truck, I could not stand not waxing for nine years.
    'Cause there's just something women like about a pickup man.
    Rich

4. Likes hoyt66 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

AWESOME!
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Nice SD!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Love the metallic paint on ford trucks. Ruby red is a close second for me to lightning blue. Sharp.

I enjoy the peace and "quiet" of polishing my truck, but my shoulders remind me I did it for a day or two after. Yours will thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Heads up you will still need to maintain with sio2 topper every 3-6 months instead of waxing. Much easier process though. When I was looking at having my car done, you had to go in for maintenance (pay for) once or twice a year to not void warranty. Should verify with shop.

That being said great choice in the truck and I love the color. She really pops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the "likes" and compliments. The 9-year warranty from Gtechniq on the Ultra Serum states that application of any products over their Ultra product will void the warranty. The Gtechnig detail shop I used said that I won't need to apply anything additional on the truck to keep it glowing, just wash it properly. So, I purchased a foam cannon and some Blackfire Ceramic wash from AG. I guess time will tell....