autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Detailing abroad in Germany.

After moving to Germany my detailing bug has finally gotten the best of me and I have started working on some cars. Due to restrictions on chemicals and even where you can wash your vehicle I am limited but making do with what I have. Enjoy!

Products/Chemicals used:
    Turtle Wax Max Power Car Wash
    2BM ( No grit guard,on order)
    Turtle Wax Ice Spray Wax
    Meguiars All wheel cleaner
    Desalting Chemical Recommended by Auto Fanatic

Having to work in a self serve car wash definitely has its drawbacks but it’s better than nothing. The salt on the vehicles paint was first chemically removed. This product actually works really well and I’m happy with the results. Then the vehicle was rinsed down and the 2BM began. Finally after rinsing the car the wheels were done last and then rinsed down as well. Afterwards the paint was treated to most likely their second ever spray wax, and the windows to Rain X. The customers were more than happy and many of them enjoyed me talking through the process while they watched and learned. I plan on stepping up to paint sealants and claybar hopefully in the future.Detailing abroad in Germany.-img_0917-jpg
    Detailing abroad in Germany.-img_0915-jpgDetailing abroad in Germany.-img_0908-jpgDetailing abroad in Germany.-img_0923-jpg
    Detailing abroad in Germany.-img_0943-jpgDetailing abroad in Germany.-img_0941-jpgDetailing abroad in Germany.-img_0942-jpgDetailing abroad in Germany.-img_0944-jpg

2. Likes SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing abroad in Germany.

Nice work! Too bad about the limitations you have to work with/around!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

4. Thanks Breese147 thanked for this post
    Likes Breese147 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes it’s not the best but it’s better than nothing! Emailed Autogeek asking how I know what products will
    Ship here and what won’t. Hopefully they respond soon, tired of ordering off of amazon or going to the PX for products.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't matter what part of the world you're in, if you got the itch then you gotta scratch it! haha. I'm curious what products they have available OTC over there? I'm assuming Sonax products should be readily available since they are made in Germany. Nonetheless, you did a damn good job for what you have on hand.

Post Thanks / Like

Sonax is readily available...Globus super center has a nice selection.

8. Likes Breese147 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, i figure Sonax, Menzerna etc. would be readily avail over there.

10. Likes Breese147 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post
    Yes, i figure Sonax, Menzerna etc. would be readily avail over there.
    I found some Sonax Fallout remover at the PX but that was it. This however was on post I will have to venture off base and see if I can find a hardware/Walmart store for German made products.

Post Thanks / Like

I am assuming that you are near Wiesbaden so there should not be any water restrictions. They get a lot of rain in Hesse. It is interesting to hear what type of products are available in Germany. I used to work for Ringspann in Bad Homburg and I was always asking my colleagues what they use for washing their cars. Most people did not wash their cars or they went to a car wash. That surprised me since most Germans are into motor sports and into their cars. I imagine that you can do a good business there.
    I wonder if the Euro store has a good all purpose cleaner like LA Totally Awesome. Maybe they call it Frankfurt Alles Wahnsinn!

13. Likes Breese147 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    I am assuming that you are near Wiesbaden so there should not be any water restrictions. They get a lot of rain in Hesse. It is interesting to hear what type of products are available in Germany. I used to work for Ringspann in Bad Homburg and I was always asking my colleagues what they use for washing their cars. Most people did not wash their cars or they went to a car wash. That surprised me since most Germans are into motor sports and into their cars. I imagine that you can do a good business there.
    I wonder if the Euro store has a good all purpose cleaner like LA Totally Awesome. Maybe they call it Frankfurt Alles Wahnsinn!
    The closest major city to me is Nuremberg. Wiesbaden is 208 miles away. And I don’t think it’s water restrictions they made it sound like they only want chemical runoff in designated areas. On base they have 2 designated areas for washing vehicles. And yes I plan on taking a trip out to a store similar to Home Depot that someone mentioned to me. If I recall correctly I think it started with an F. Hopefully I can see what products they have there it’s funny though because the SONAX product I picked up from the PX was in full German and the first time I saw it I strayed away but I looked it up and it ended up being their Fallout remover.

15. Likes UncleDavy liked this post