autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Experimented with a new wash sequence

Hi everyone,

Have been experimenting with different "hybrid" wash methods (mixes of waterless/rinseless/traditional methods) recently and landed on one I was pretty happy with. Why try a new method you may ask? Well, partly I find it fun to experiment. But also drawback from traditional / 2bm in our area is that you can get a pretty big fine for letting soapy water run off into the road/sewer (not to mention there is a water shortage here) and I find it just takes a bit longer than I'd like. I used to be a fan of 'regular' rinseless washing but after doing so for a while I saw more swirls show up and I'm just not convinced it's safe to rub anything on a car that hasn't been hosed off first. No matter how much encapsulation or pre-spraying is involved.

SO, tried to come up with something that gets some of the benefits of a soapy bucket wash, with the speed and less water usage of rinseless. Used a mix of products and brands. Wouldn't do this on a car that was particularly dirty, but for an every couple of week maintenance wash. Steps were:

Step 1 - Rinse car using hose w/ sprayer nozzle to remove most unbonded dirt
    Step 2 - Foam the car with a 'hoseless foam' product (to remain nameless as not available on AG)
    Step 3 - Rinseless wash (using the foam for added lubrication) with Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash using the Garry Dean method
    Step 4 - Spray with Chemical Guys after wash as a drying aid and dry with a super plush drying towel
    Step 5 - Go over with final spray and buff using Kenotek Showroom Shine
    Step 6 - Use Ultima waterless wash to wash the wheels with an MF mitt I use for wheels

All in all this didn't really take too much time, there wasn't much water involved, no runoff, and I didn't get wet (an added time saver of sorts). Feel like I still knocked off the loose dirt instead of dragging it around, and got lots of lubrication. Now, I happen to have all these products lying around so used them, but I'm sure someone could come up with a way of doing something like this with fewer products.

Here's how it came out. I'll note my car isn't garaged, but is coated:

Quick walk-around video:
    IMG_2803 | Abe | Flickr

Oops, forgot to wipe the suds of the door sills on this one!

Thanks,

HAMBO

2. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Experimented with a new wash sequence

Quote Originally Posted by HAMBO View Post
    Hi everyone,

Have been experimenting with different "hybrid" wash methods (mixes of waterless/rinseless/traditional methods) recently and landed on one I was pretty happy with. Why try a new method you may ask? Well, partly I find it fun to experiment. But also drawback from traditional / 2bm in our area is that you can get a pretty big fine for letting soapy water run off into the road/sewer (not to mention there is a water shortage here) and I find it just takes a bit longer than I'd like. I used to be a fan of 'regular' rinseless washing but after doing so for a while I saw more swirls show up and I'm just not convinced it's safe to rub anything on a car that hasn't been hosed off first. No matter how much encapsulation or pre-spraying is involved.

SO, tried to come up with something that gets some of the benefits of a soapy bucket wash, with the speed and less water usage of rinseless. Used a mix of products and brands. Wouldn't do this on a car that was particularly dirty, but for an every couple of week maintenance wash. Steps were:

Step 1 - Rinse car using hose w/ sprayer nozzle to remove most unbonded dirt
    Step 2 - Foam the car with a 'hoseless foam' product (to remain nameless as not available on AG)
    Step 3 - Rinseless wash (using the foam for added lubrication) with Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash using the Garry Dean method
    Step 4 - Spray with Chemical Guys after wash as a drying aid and dry with a super plush drying towel
    Step 5 - Go over with final spray and buff using Kenotek Showroom Shine
    Step 6 - Use Ultima waterless wash to wash the wheels with an MF mitt I use for wheels

All in all this didn't really take too much time, there wasn't much water involved, no runoff, and I didn't get wet (an added time saver of sorts). Feel like I still knocked off the loose dirt instead of dragging it around, and got lots of lubrication. Now, I happen to have all these products lying around so used them, but I'm sure someone could come up with a way of doing something like this with fewer products.

Here's how it came out. I'll note my car isn't garaged, but is coated:

Quick walk-around video:
    IMG_2803 | Abe | Flickr

Oops, forgot to wipe the suds of the door sills on this one!

Thanks,

HAMBO
    Seems like a lot. But if it works for you have at it. I love frothe. Gonna try spraying wipe off towels with McKee’s n 914 just ad more lubricity. I usually final wipe with Ech20/Clutch mix and comes out awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk