autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Personal AMG C43 New Car Detail

Hey all...I'm a relative amateur here and really only do work on my own cars. I recently took delivery of a Mercedes AMG C43. I LOVE the car. The prep from the dealer was actually pretty good but I needed to spend some time to make it as close to perfect as possible. Luckily we had a pretty warm weekend in Chicago so I went to work.

I washed the car with Dawn to remove whatever product was on the paint. I used Griots Heavy Duty Wheel Cleaner on the rims and then IronX on the body to remove contamination. The body was actually pretty clean. I used Griot's clay bar to remove any additional surface contamination. I brought it inside to inspect it and found that the paint was in pretty good shape with a few areas of very minor marring. The exception was the right front fender. When running my hand over it, it was noticeably dull to the touch compared to the rest of the car. There were also compounding marks and residue under the hood. I figured the car may have taken some damage at the processing center after production and was repaired.

In any case, I took my rotary with M105 to the dull fender and worked it a bit. I was able to easily restore the surface gloss. I then shifted the D/A polisher with M205 for the full car using a synthetic wool pad. I gave the car a wipe down with IPA and the applied Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant. I dressed the tires with Optimum Tire Gel and treated the trim with 303 Aerospace. Used the 303 on the interior as well. I hope you enjoy. Please let me know if you have any comments on the routine.

2. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Personal AMG C43 New Car Detail

Quote Originally Posted by merlin3008 View Post
    Hey all...I'm a relative amateur here and really only do work on my own cars. I recently took delivery of a Mercedes AMG C43. I LOVE the car. The prep from the dealer was actually pretty good but I needed to spend some time to make it as close to perfect as possible. Luckily we had a pretty warm weekend in Chicago so I went to work.

I washed the car with Dawn to remove whatever product was on the paint. I used Griots Heavy Duty Wheel Cleaner on the rims and then IronX on the body to remove contamination. The body was actually pretty clean. I used Griot's clay bar to remove any additional surface contamination. I brought it inside to inspect it and found that the paint was in pretty good shape with a few areas of very minor marring. The exception was the right front fender. When running my hand over it, it was noticeably dull to the touch compared to the rest of the car. There were also compounding marks and residue under the hood. I figured the car may have taken some damage at the processing center after production and was repaired.

In any case, I took my rotary with M105 to the dull fender and worked it a bit. I was able to easily restore the surface gloss. I then shifted the D/A polisher with M205 for the full car using a synthetic wool pad. I gave the car a wipe down with IPA and the applied Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant. I dressed the tires with Optimum Tire Gel and treated the trim with 303 Aerospace. Used the 303 on the interior as well. I hope you enjoy. Please let me know if you have any comments on the routine.

Beautiful car!! Congratulations! Nice work too!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Great looking car! Looks fantastic!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

5. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Great looking car! Looks fantastic!
    Ditto!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

What a nice car....

Congrats my friend.

ScottH

Post Thanks / Like

Great job now you need to add some Bead Maker on top of the Wolfgang

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great ...