autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Member DetailedByPrecision's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

DetailedByPrecision 2017 Ford Shelby GT350 Brand new car extremely damaged paintwork. Paint Correction Ceramic Coating Auto Detailing San Francisco

The owner of this car is a true car enthusiasts like us, very informed, watches Larry @ Ammo, Matt @ OG, so expectations were extremely high right off the bat. The car was on an open bed truck from South Dakota to San Francisco. The color of the car is black which does not help, plenty of scratches, swirls, factory defects, some irreparable which you guys will see later. I gave a 2 week estimate of finishing the job which was 3 step paint correction, cquartz ceramic coating, remove oem factory white vinyl racing stripes. After I completed the whole front end, the owner took the car to another shop to have the whole front end protected with xpel ppf. Afterwards brought back to me so I can finish the rest of my part and get ready to present the car.

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5430 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Water spots, swirls, scratches, factory sanding scratch or burn????

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5430 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

I was really cautious when polishing this area because I did not want to be the person that ultimately strikes through the paint attempting to fix another persons problem. I used least aggressive and worked my way up to a mild compound. Thankfully it came out and the owner was able to go forward with xpel pff the whole hood.

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5512 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5458 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5458 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5468 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5468 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5491 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

More documenting defects

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5491 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5437 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

These 2 burns were not fixable on passenger upper door. One of it was a bad attempt at spot filling a fish eye, other burn was a scratch.

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5437 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5494 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5494 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Really deep scratches on fender

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5504 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5506 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5506 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5671 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5671 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5676 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5674 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

When the owner arrived to pick it up he was very grateful I took care of his pride and joy. I earned his trust and respect because he chose me out of so many options and I delivered the results. This job made me feel genuinely appreciated which this industry lacks due to a low overhead start up, and lack of experienced detailers. Thanks for viewing my work.

Click on image to view work

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DetailedByPrecision 2017 Ford Shelby GT350 Brand new car extremely damaged paintwork. Paint Correction Ceramic Coating Auto Detailing San Francisc

GT350 paint is by far one of the worst paint systems Ford has. For some reason, and I've yet to be educated as to why, but every GT350 I've seen or spoken to other detailers about has awful paint which is prone to defects easily. I'm thinking the vehicle goes down a different line than the other Mustangs? Perhaps Ford put more engineering into the race aspect of the car vs. the paint.

Anyway, you did an amazing job. I'm sure every day was a documented game plan of attack. Looks amazing.

3. Likes DetailedByPrecision liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DetailedByPrecision 2017 Ford Shelby GT350 Brand new car extremely damaged paintwork. Paint Correction Ceramic Coating Auto Detailing San Francisc

Nice save! Very tasteful that he had you remove those decals.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice save! Fish eye? Sounds like the panel was repainted before the sale.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Autogeekonline mobile app
    '03 Corvette Z06

6. Likes DetailedByPrecision liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great save man!

I have only done one new GT350 which was a mineral gray/pewter color. Paint was in a great shape and didn't need much work.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

8. Likes DetailedByPrecision liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great save! And it looks like the previous owner had some body damage on it that had a marginal at best repair job

10. Likes DetailedByPrecision liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Nice work, great photography and pro results!

Cool car to work on too!

12. Likes DetailedByPrecision liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The GT350 has the same paint systems as every other Mustang. Ive seen many GT350's and the paint is as nice as any other Ford vehicle. Its not bad for the most part. I think you just got a bad one that has had neglect or prior damage

14. Likes DetailedByPrecision liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just an incredible save! Awesome work! Love the GT350! Keep on rocking!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

16. Likes DetailedByPrecision liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work and such a save! Owner can now be proud of his vehicle! Well done.
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

18. Likes DetailedByPrecision liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast