autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Mobile Detailing Business - VAN WRAP

The wrap is awesome looking Josher!

And what a job you have gotten right away with the revealing of the new car for your customer. Cool way to reveal it too. Ask if he can get you credits with a link to your website in the Youtube video write up. With so many viewers you can get some new customers.

Have you started full time yet or when do you plan to?

Hope you will have success with your mobile detailing business!

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

New Mobile Detailing Business - VAN WRAP

Mate, the wrap has come out a treat. Good job on the black steelies. Rough and ready. Don’t need any bling junk.

What are the top racks for?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    The wrap is awesome looking Josher!

And what a job you have gotten right away with the revealing of the new car for your customer. Cool way to reveal it too. Ask if he can get you credits with a link to your website in the Youtube video write up. With so many viewers you can get some new customers.

Have you started full time yet or when do you plan to?

Hope you will have success with your mobile detailing business!

/ Tony

Hey Tony thank you! Yes how good timing yesterday was in my favor most definitely... I'm actually in the latest video at 15:08 on Daily Driven Exotics channel.. That video was recorded yesterday. haha that was funny to see me in the video... I'm the guy that he said thanks for subscribing and supporting the channel i said 'Thank you'

I am full time as of now.. I had the owner of PFS text me today to wash a motor home so I'm waiting on the 'when' I still don't know how much I will charge them... They may also want a wash in preparation to be wrapped (in that case less work involved but it's still a motor home lol) I am going to accept any work that comes my way as long as the price is agreed upon prior. I set my prices but after detailing cars throughout the years I got to realize ALL of the details I do for too cheap are the ones making me not enjoy it. So if people don't agree with my prices I just gently refer them to one of 2 other places that have cheaper packages... :b thank you again Tony!

4. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WristyManchego View Post
    Mate, the wrap has come out a treat. Good job on the black steelies. Rough and ready. Don’t need any bling junk.

What are the top racks for?
    Thank you Wristy! The steelies came with it but they were HORRIBLE so i plasti dipped them... even peeling plasti dipped wheels look better than they did when I got the van. The roof rack came with the van... I have never used it but I think it would be more work to take it off and patch the roof than to just leave it up there. I am considering wrapping the tips of those 6 points on the roof rack that go up in the air ORANGE to match the wrap.... Maybe just the top 2 inches of each.. I think down the road I might reinforce the roof rack and build a deck on top of my van... (no rush on that though since i need to focus on detailing)

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to share with you guys the first RV I have ever done yesterday.... It was a 44' foot MONSTER! lol Just look how it dwarfs my already really big Dodge Sprinter.... Anyway a bit about the wash... This wash was for the owner of Protective Film Solutions (for one of his customers) It was just a wash for pre-wrap.... meaning it wasn't a full detailed wash.. I only washed 4 sides (no top) did not focus on chrome, windows, or tire dressing... that was specifically not asked for and the dressing might work against installing the wrap so I made sure to keep the tires looking 'blah' WOW what an experience this was! I think i'll make a slight compilation of me washing it and post to Youtube later... if I do I will post the link here for anyone if they want to check it out.

The job took 2 hours or so and paid me $200 dollars. I told him I was going to charge him $5 dollars a foot since it wasn't a 'full service wash' He came back and offered me $20 less and said $200 instead of $220 = $5 a foot. I am happy. Anyway here is a final picture.... I really wanted to show just how MASSIVE this thing is.... 10 wheels and a doorbell on the outside lol. Also I will share a picture of the back of my van... i recently changed it up a bit moved the 2 canopy frames up to the middle of the van... put a ladder in the back and also fix mounted my vacuum up top and got a new hose / reel for the vacuum..... oh man it's nice

7. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dang having this wrap has seriously changed my business already and it's only been 1 week... This has been the busiest week EVER for me... my body is physically so sore. The other day I washed DDE's (Daily Driven Exotics - Youtube channel) Audi R8 for free... actually not really for free but they didn't pay me with cash, they are putting me in their video they release today or tomorrow on youtube. I am so stoked because they have over a million subscribers and they said 'once the video goes up expect to get a lot of phone calls and text messages so be ready' anyway I wanted to give an update about how the wrap has made others contact me who may have showed slight interest before but now they are 100% ready and I have already detailed their car this week or I have them on the schedule. Wrapping a business vehicle is a must!

I'll show you the R8 here... check out the video in a day or two on their youtube channel to see my little skit they let me be a part of in their video. I also did PFS's McLaren 570s

9. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

SWEEEET!!! they posted the video like 5 minutes ago! I haven't watched it yet so i'm about to haha pretty exciting YouTube

11. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

that's some great exposure you just got. good luck.
    hmardown

13. Likes josher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice one mate, even got your mug in it.

15. Likes josher liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234