autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
 

» Detailing Classes

New Dates Available for the Autogeek Roadshow!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    451
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Mobile Detailing Business - VAN WRAP

    Quote Originally Posted by WristyManchego View Post
    If you’re really hyped about theft, get a set of RV hydraulic stabilisers installed. Jack them down any time you’re parked longer than half an hour.

    I’ll bet that would put spanners in any thief’s plans.
    You hit it on the head. I did just what you said after my equipment was stolen. I used 2" square steel legs that drop and lock from inside just as a trailer hitch and receiver works. I had the trailer manufacturer weld them in when my new trailer was being built. So now if they want my stuff they have to work much harder.And now I also have insurance.

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    96
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Mobile Detailing Business - VAN WRAP

    Quote Originally Posted by wing commander View Post
    You hit it on the head. I did just what you said after my equipment was stolen. I used 2" square steel legs that drop and lock from inside just as a trailer hitch and receiver works. I had the trailer manufacturer weld them in when my new trailer was being built. So now if they want my stuff they have to work much harder.And now I also have insurance.
    Boom.

    If I was getting a new van I’d install an in-cab electric model with a separate key. That way I’d be more inclined to power them down for a half hour stop.

  3. Likes wing commander liked this post
  4. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Mobile Detailing Business - VAN WRAP

    Quote Originally Posted by WristyManchego View Post
    Boom.

    If I was getting a new van I’d install an in-cab electric model with a separate key. That way I’d be more inclined to power them down for a half hour stop.
    Wow great ideas guys! Wristy.... I too think those electric ones would be cool but aren't they like really expensive? $2k? I might want to keep looking around but the all automated setup would be king. Hmmmm I may have to consider something like this because a stolen van sounds like a nightmare.

    Oh yeah today is the day! I am so excited to be picking my van up later today freshly wrapped! I am super excited... I will be ordering shirts (t-shirts & polos) as well as new business cards to match the van wrap. Not sure where I should get business cards done but I do want a unique card.... maybe something etched out of the card to make it have a dropped in image. Anyway thanks for the ideas guys and checking out my new wrap!

  5. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    96
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Mobile Detailing Business - VAN WRAP

    Quote Originally Posted by josher View Post
    Not sure where I should get business cards done but I do want a unique card.... maybe something etched out of the card to make it have a dropped in image. Anyway thanks for the ideas guys and checking out my new wrap!
    Keep it simple, duplex die-cut cards are exxy, you don’t want those bad boys to be $5/card.

    If you’re after some bling, I’d probably go with a 350-400gsm premium offset card stock, PMS 877 metallic spot/cold set foil & matt cello all over.

    One side, your dark to light blue gradient with “JOSHER” detailing etc front and centre in spot gloss/UV.

    Second side, blue gradient with your details and brands logo list across the bottom.

  6. Thanks josher thanked for this post
    Likes josher liked this post
  7. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Mobile Detailing Business - VAN WRAP

    Quote Originally Posted by WristyManchego View Post
    Keep it simple, duplex die-cut cards are exxy, you don’t want those bad boys to be $5/card.

    If you’re after some bling, I’d probably go with a 350-400gsm premium offset card stock, PMS 877 metallic spot/cold set foil & matt cello all over.

    One side, your dark to light blue gradient with “JOSHER” detailing etc front and centre in spot gloss/UV.

    Second side, blue gradient with your details and brands logo list across the bottom.



    Sweet!!! Thanks for the help in the business card area.... You seem to know your stuff about cards and that certainly helps me! Any online company you recommend I go to for these?? Or would you suggest using fiver? I personally am not much of a photo editor / business card designer... I guess I should at the least give it a shot before asking or paying for someone else to do it..

  8. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    96
    Post Thanks / Like

    New Mobile Detailing Business - VAN WRAP

    Quote Originally Posted by josher View Post
    Sweet!!! Thanks for the help in the business card area.... You seem to know your stuff about cards and that certainly helps me! Any online company you recommend I go to for these?? Or would you suggest using fiver? I personally am not much of a photo editor / business card designer... I guess I should at the least give it a shot before asking or paying for someone else to do it..
    Unsure what the quality is like where you are but I’d stay away from online printers. Go and talk to a local pro who knows their stuff, they’ll eat those embellishments for breakfast.

    As for the design, have a go but you’ll need to pay someone to set the art up ready to print with the embellishments (foil, PMS, coatings) you require.

    If you aren’t in a huge hurry, I can put you in touch with someone who can get it done in some spare time (They’re in Australia but that doesn’t matter these days). Just shoot me a PM.

    Edit: Check out moo.com Raised Print Business Cards | Raised Spot Gloss Finish | MOO US

    They are pretty well known and do some embellishments that would suit for a reasonable price.

  9. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Mobile Detailing Business - VAN WRAP

    Quote Originally Posted by WristyManchego View Post
    Unsure what the quality is like where you are but I’d stay away from online printers. Go and talk to a local pro who knows their stuff, they’ll eat those embellishments for breakfast.

    As for the design, have a go but you’ll need to pay someone to set the art up ready to print with the embellishments (foil, PMS, coatings) you require.

    If you aren’t in a huge hurry, I can put you in touch with someone who can get it done in some spare time (They’re in Australia but that doesn’t matter these days). Just shoot me a PM.

    Edit: Check out moo.com Raised Print Business Cards | Raised Spot Gloss Finish | MOO US

    They are pretty well known and do some embellishments that would suit for a reasonable price.


    PM sent! Thank you!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Mobile detailing business
    By Kingo in forum Ask Mike Phillips your detailing questions!
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-27-2016, 09:30 AM
  2. Mobile Detailing Business
    By mhawk2812 in forum Ask Mike Phillips your detailing questions!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-31-2015, 04:20 PM
  3. Starting a Mobile Detailing business in NY
    By Pellegrino in forum How to make money detailing cars
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-11-2013, 11:39 PM
  4. which clay bar to buy for mobile detailing business?
    By ride5150 in forum How to make money detailing cars
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-26-2011, 11:53 PM
  5. Mobile detailing business
    By OMEGA1 in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-06-2009, 03:29 PM

Members who have read this thread: 72

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» December 2018

S M T W T F S
252627282930 1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31 12345