autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Mobile Detailing Business - VAN WRAP

Quote Originally Posted by WristyManchego View Post
    If you’re really hyped about theft, get a set of RV hydraulic stabilisers installed. Jack them down any time you’re parked longer than half an hour.

I’ll bet that would put spanners in any thief’s plans.
    You hit it on the head. I did just what you said after my equipment was stolen. I used 2" square steel legs that drop and lock from inside just as a trailer hitch and receiver works. I had the trailer manufacturer weld them in when my new trailer was being built. So now if they want my stuff they have to work much harder.And now I also have insurance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wing commander View Post
    You hit it on the head. I did just what you said after my equipment was stolen. I used 2" square steel legs that drop and lock from inside just as a trailer hitch and receiver works. I had the trailer manufacturer weld them in when my new trailer was being built. So now if they want my stuff they have to work much harder.And now I also have insurance.
    Boom.

If I was getting a new van I’d install an in-cab electric model with a separate key. That way I’d be more inclined to power them down for a half hour stop.

3. Likes wing commander liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Boom.

If I was getting a new van I’d install an in-cab electric model with a separate key. That way I’d be more inclined to power them down for a half hour stop.
    Wow great ideas guys! Wristy.... I too think those electric ones would be cool but aren't they like really expensive? $2k? I might want to keep looking around but the all automated setup would be king. Hmmmm I may have to consider something like this because a stolen van sounds like a nightmare.

Oh yeah today is the day! I am so excited to be picking my van up later today freshly wrapped! I am super excited... I will be ordering shirts (t-shirts & polos) as well as new business cards to match the van wrap. Not sure where I should get business cards done but I do want a unique card.... maybe something etched out of the card to make it have a dropped in image. Anyway thanks for the ideas guys and checking out my new wrap!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josher View Post
    Not sure where I should get business cards done but I do want a unique card.... maybe something etched out of the card to make it have a dropped in image. Anyway thanks for the ideas guys and checking out my new wrap!
    Keep it simple, duplex die-cut cards are exxy, you don’t want those bad boys to be $5/card.

If you’re after some bling, I’d probably go with a 350-400gsm premium offset card stock, PMS 877 metallic spot/cold set foil & matt cello all over.

One side, your dark to light blue gradient with “JOSHER” detailing etc front and centre in spot gloss/UV.

Second side, blue gradient with your details and brands logo list across the bottom.

6. Thanks josher thanked for this post
    Likes josher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep it simple, duplex die-cut cards are exxy, you don’t want those bad boys to be $5/card.

If you’re after some bling, I’d probably go with a 350-400gsm premium offset card stock, PMS 877 metallic spot/cold set foil & matt cello all over.

One side, your dark to light blue gradient with “JOSHER” detailing etc front and centre in spot gloss/UV.

Second side, blue gradient with your details and brands logo list across the bottom.

Sweet!!! Thanks for the help in the business card area.... You seem to know your stuff about cards and that certainly helps me! Any online company you recommend I go to for these?? Or would you suggest using fiver? I personally am not much of a photo editor / business card designer... I guess I should at the least give it a shot before asking or paying for someone else to do it..

Post Thanks / Like

New Mobile Detailing Business - VAN WRAP

Quote Originally Posted by josher View Post
    Sweet!!! Thanks for the help in the business card area.... You seem to know your stuff about cards and that certainly helps me! Any online company you recommend I go to for these?? Or would you suggest using fiver? I personally am not much of a photo editor / business card designer... I guess I should at the least give it a shot before asking or paying for someone else to do it..
    Unsure what the quality is like where you are but I’d stay away from online printers. Go and talk to a local pro who knows their stuff, they’ll eat those embellishments for breakfast.

As for the design, have a go but you’ll need to pay someone to set the art up ready to print with the embellishments (foil, PMS, coatings) you require.

If you aren’t in a huge hurry, I can put you in touch with someone who can get it done in some spare time (They’re in Australia but that doesn’t matter these days). Just shoot me a PM.

Edit: Check out moo.com Raised Print Business Cards | Raised Spot Gloss Finish | MOO US

They are pretty well known and do some embellishments that would suit for a reasonable price.

Post Thanks / Like

Unsure what the quality is like where you are but I’d stay away from online printers. Go and talk to a local pro who knows their stuff, they’ll eat those embellishments for breakfast.

As for the design, have a go but you’ll need to pay someone to set the art up ready to print with the embellishments (foil, PMS, coatings) you require.

If you aren’t in a huge hurry, I can put you in touch with someone who can get it done in some spare time (They’re in Australia but that doesn’t matter these days). Just shoot me a PM.

Edit: Check out moo.com Raised Print Business Cards | Raised Spot Gloss Finish | MOO US

They are pretty well known and do some embellishments that would suit for a reasonable price.

PM sent! Thank you!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well I wanted to show anyone who is interested my Mobile Detailing Wrap on my Sprinter..... I picked it up yesterday morning and am personally really excited about the future.... I don't a wrap isn't everything but I know it's exactly the wrap I was looking to get.. I feel relieved because I not a designer but I knew I wanted it designed a certain way so I am thankful I was able to put everything into words and have the designer help me get to where I wanted to be.

On a side note..... I ran into the host of Daily Driven Exotics yesterday morning and to make a long story short!!!! He is going to have me reveal his new super car to his YouTube channel by me foaming it up and then revealing his new car and new wrap to his channel! I am so stoked because he just hit 1 million subscribers... Also the owner of PFS asked me to do some work for them and since I live so close to their shop they could keep me pretty busy he thinks!

thanks for checking out my new venture and also for the advice and help you guys have given me.

11. Likes WristyManchego, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

gotta say, you're driving in the right direction ! truck looks great & it looks like there's plenty of work coming your way. I know those wraps aren't cheap but it's already paying off.
    good luck man.
    Carlo

I think you need a nice Autogeek decal for that back door
    Last edited by hmardown; 12-14-2018 at 08:14 AM. Reason: add info

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hmardown View Post
    gotta say, you're driving in the right direction ! truck looks great & it looks like there's plenty of work coming your way. I know those wraps aren't cheap but it's already paying off.
    good luck man.
    Carlo

I think you need a nice Autogeek decal for that back door
    Thanks Carlo!! Appreciate the nice words and I think you are right..... I totally would sport an AutoGeek decal as well.... Maybe I could get Mike Phillips to send one to me! I'll have to see or locate a good spot for it.... Mike if you're out there and want to donate a decal to the cause I'd love to add it somewhere on my van... You are right the wrap isn't wasn't cheap but I dove into it thinking it would pay itself off eventually. I think the wrap breaks down to be about $180 a month until it needs to be re-wrapped

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast