autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Mobile Detailing Business - VAN WRAP

Yeah, bro... your car is a mess, you need to call Josher! Lol

I dig it and good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Well more than I bargained for there!

Good story mate. It struck me as an odd name (I work in advertising) and figured it had to be a nickname. Rarely do they make good business names, as you’ve identified yourself, but you’ve got the story and the moxie to make it work champ. Especially when you get a fleet of them rolling and a booking app.

Just be sure to keep an eye on what makes you different mate and do it damn well.

3. Thanks josher thanked for this post
    Likes josher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I saw your cool set up on YouTube that has you showing how you set up the equipment. It looked really nice with all the hoses on reels. Make sure to review your alarm and extra puck type locks on the doors. Their job is to steal your job is detailing. I lost $31,000.00 of uninsured equipment 8 years ago because I was too busy working and not vigilant enough about theft. The same crew came back a week later but I had learned my lesson fortunately and was prepared that time. I see people weekly at the shop buying new equipment because of theft. Entire trucks and trailers gone in seconds or broken into. Stay alert!

5. Thanks josher thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wing commander View Post
    I think I saw your cool set up on YouTube that has you showing how you set up the equipment. It looked really nice with all the hoses on reels. Make sure to review your alarm and extra puck type locks on the doors. Their job is to steal your job is detailing. I lost $31,000.00 of uninsured equipment 8 years ago because I was too busy working and not vigilant enough about theft. The same crew came back a week later but I had learned my lesson fortunately and was prepared that time. I see people weekly at the shop buying new equipment because of theft. Entire trucks and trailers gone in seconds or broken into. Stay alert!
    Top advice and easily forgotten.

7. Thanks wing commander thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wing commander View Post
    Thank you Wing Commander.... I appreciate you looking out and reminding me to make security #1.... I have an alarm... I walk the van every time I walk it to check ALL doors to insure they have locked. I have insured EVERYTHING just about in my van in case of theft or accident which will insure even the Dynamat I put all over the inside walls... The next thing I will have to do is call the insurance company to see if I need to 'insure' the wrap as I'm sure they might charge me a little more to insure something that is another $5k on the outside. The puck locks didn't really work as planned when I went to install them so I don't have those installed.... I'm starting to think of other deterrents and security ploys..... let me know if you can think of anything else. Another thing I do is ONLY park the van in 1 spot over night and that is at my house surrounded by neighbors.... (not like that is king but I will be taking this van to park it places during daylight for advertising.... i just won't leave it anywhere once the sun goes down)

I am so sorry you had to go through what you went through, that sounds absolutely HORRIBLE!!! ugh! makes my stomach turn just thinking about that.... how did you bounce back? I wouldn't mind a little story behind what happened..... jeeze that's a lot of money for someone to take from you. =(

Post Thanks / Like

dang.... i'm so confused whether to 'like' or 'thank' member posts lol if you 'like' does that mean you like what they say but aren't really thankful for them saying it? silly forum likes to confuse simple minds

Post Thanks / Like

Have to put tracking devices put equipment that way if it's stolen you can trace it. They have monitoring plan starting at 20 bucks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

11. Likes josher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClearVue18 View Post
    Have to put tracking devices fun equipment that way if it's stolen you can trace it. They have monitoring plan starting at 20 bucks.

What a great idea and investment!!! $240 extra per year for a VERY smart option. Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josher View Post
    What a great idea and investment!!! $240 extra per year for a VERY smart option. Thank you!
    Or you can get statefarm detailing insurance. We have a 1 millions/2 million policy and If anything is stolen they will replace it at cost and not the depreciate it cost. I pay $85 month

14. Thanks josher thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you’re really hyped about theft, get a set of RV hydraulic stabilisers installed. Jack them down any time you’re parked longer than half an hour.

I’ll bet that would put spanners in any thief’s plans.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast