autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My new car: 2002 Cadillac DTS

Amazing job man, thanks for sharing!

Makes me wanna ride in the back of that Caddy!

Do Or Die ft. Twista & Johnny P - Po Pimp (Do You Wanna Ride) | Official Video - YouTube

2. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k, Paul A. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Excellent, excellent work, pics and write up! Great transformation! Congrats on your new ride! It looks great now!

Again, superb job.
    Thank you sir. That means alot coming from you, along with the rest of the people on this forum. You guys are all top notch.My new car: 2002 Cadillac DTSMy new car: 2002 Cadillac DTS

Quote Originally Posted by camaro2ssblack View Post
    Amazing job man, thanks for sharing!

Makes me wanna ride in the back of that Caddy!

Do Or Die ft. Twista & Johnny P - Po Pimp (Do You Wanna Ride) | Official Video - YouTube
    Ha. I’ve always loved that song. It comes on my Pandora all the time.My new car: 2002 Cadillac DTS

Post Thanks / Like

@Setec Astronomy. I found this pic showing how those pillars apply. This is basically what mine looked like before/after.

Post Thanks / Like

Your Caddy looks great Eldorado,,that color came up alot on the Colors You Hate thread but when it is cleaned up and polished up right it looks awesome.
    and that interior??,wow,,it was dirty but it looks great now.especially that drivers mat
    “I have trouble with names and faces, but I never forget a car.”

6. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

nice job Eldorado, I have a question about your headlights. is that something on that headlight that's peeling off ? can you catch it with your finger nail ? i have aftermarket lights on my pickup & they're heading in the same direction your's are. but I'm not sure if it's a clear coat or something laminated on the lens. it starts half way down the light & almost looks like i could peel it off, but i can't. I'm just trying to decide how to approach it & not ruin them. if it is clear coat that means I'll be removing it, correct ? then what, will i need to keep waxing them to preserve them ? thanks, Carlo

8. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My new car: 2002 Cadillac DTS

Quote Originally Posted by Farmallluvr View Post
    Your Caddy looks great Eldorado,,that color came up alot on the Colors You Hate thread but when it is cleaned up and polished up right it looks awesome.
    and that interior??,wow,,it was dirty but it looks great now.especially that drivers mat
    Yea it’s funny how that thread worked out eh? Lol. I honestly think that thread and the fact that I was quik to say I hate this sort of color had something to do with me ending up with this car less than a week later.My new car: 2002 Cadillac DTS

As far as the interior, oh yea it’s finally up to par and I owe alot of it to the generic magic erasers that I’ve found at the 99 cent store. They’re great because they’re a tad milder than the OG but that makes them perfect for interior vinyl and even some leather if you’re careful. They knocked out some serious grime in here.My new car: 2002 Cadillac DTS

Quote Originally Posted by hmardown View Post
    nice job Eldorado, I have a question about your headlights. is that something on that headlight that's peeling off ? can you catch it with your finger nail ? i have aftermarket lights on my pickup & they're heading in the same direction your's are. but I'm not sure if it's a clear coat or something laminated on the lens. it starts half way down the light & almost looks like i could peel it off, but i can't. I'm just trying to decide how to approach it & not ruin them. if it is clear coat that means I'll be removing it, correct ? then what, will i need to keep waxing them to preserve them ? thanks, Carlo
    Thanks.
    As far as the headlights, are you referring to this?

If so, you won’t be able to peel it off. It looks like you would, but you can’t... You’ll need to remove that in order to properly restore your headlights. I’ll post the link to the 3M Headlight Kit that I use and recommend because it’s easy + effective + you don’t even need any tools not even a drill.

3M Headlight Restoration Kit, headlight scratch remover, plastic restoration kit

And yes, you’ll need to stay on top of them afterwards so they don’t get hazed again. McKee’s makes a new Headlight Coating that they say lasts 3yrs.

Post Thanks / Like

I always like that body style and I'm assuming those are the last "real" Caddys to you or is it the current full size FWD one, the ZTS?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

11. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I always like that body style and I'm assuming those are the last "real" Caddys to you or is it the current full size FWD one, the ZTS?

The 2006-2011 DTS is aight... It took me a long time to come around on those last Devilles [excuse me I shouldn’t call them Devilles, they’re DTS’. Believe it or not some people throw a fit if you call them Devilles.My new car: 2002 Cadillac DTS I think that’s stupid. They’re Devilles! Lol]

For the longest time I thought they were a more compact size than the previous generation [which is the 1 I have] but it turns out they’re both 211” long. It’s weird, I think this car looks way bigger, I know mine has a bigger trunk.

I like the new Cadillac CT6. Other than that I’m not too fond of the rest of the current lineup. However I did like this particular Cadillac when I saw it for sale. I’m not even sure what it is? I’m guessing it’s an XTS? I don’t think it’s an ATS because I’m pretty sure those are the cheapest looking ones they have these days? It’s a shame what’s happened to Cadillac.My new car: 2002 Cadillac DTS

This one’s nice, but the body is a bit smallish.

Post Thanks / Like

The one above is THE one I was thinking of, the one you posted has the FLA package I see, horrible!

I'm surprised you like the CT6 but I too like it, especially the Vsport version coming out...BIG power AND tech, just like the Northstar 26 years prior!

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    The one above is THE one I was thinking of, the one you posted has the FLA package I see, horrible!

I'm surprised you like the CT6 but I too like it, especially the Vsport version coming out...BIG power AND tech, just like the Northstar 26 years prior!

What does FLA stand for? And I think that looks sweet. It looks like what I know as the Vogue package... Cabriolet top, Vogue wheels & tires, gold emblems [they used to call that De Elegance package] pinstripes, custom grill. This thing is Loaded! It’s how a Caddy should be.

I don’t like the Vsport Cadillacs. Aren’t they mostly stickshift? I don’t even know how to drive stick. I’ve never been interested in learning either because I don’t like to race to the next stop light... If you’re a passenger in my car my goal is to deliver comfort. I like being able to go 90-100mph. and it feels like you’re floating on air..

I prefer that much better than having to strap into a Recaro racing seat and wind up getting whiplash thanks to the driver who thinks he’s in some damn race the whole time. Lol.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast