autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Here Kitty Kitty! Black Hellcat gets fully protected and GLOSSED!

So next up on the block was a 2016 Hellcat Challenger. This car came as a referral from not only a few other Challenger clients but the sales women at the local Dodge dealer who sold it to him as well.

A little back story. I had received a call about 2-3 weeks ago from the sales women at the dealership. She had got my info from one of her friends/clients whom also has a black Challenger that corrected and fully coated earlier this year. This particular Hellcat came in on trade with only 2k miles on the clock but I can assume with confidence the previous owner must have had a weekly wash done at the local scratch and swirl. She told me she was selling the car to a close friend and that he was very interested in having it corrected and possibly coated but didn`t know where to turn. After going over my services with her and answering her questions I specifically told her not to let the dealership touch it and just have him bring it to me. She completely agreed and it turns out she has a couple nice Challengers of her own.

So long story short, he brought the car in for an assessment and to lock in a package and date. A simple test spot sold him instantly. So he decided to do the full package while it was here. Also when he came to pickup the car his son brought his black 740 BMW in for me to look at. Knocked out a test spot for him and he was instantly sold as well. HAHAHA.

Wheels/Tires

Removed, cleaned with Mckees foaming wheel cleaner gel and IGL Iron. Tires got LATA and dressed with Mckees gloss tire gel. Wheels coated with IGL Wheel coating on the faces and barrels.

Plastic wheel liners and Calipers

Cleaned and prepped with LATA, Foaming wheel cleaner gel and IGL Precoat. Coated with IGL Eclipse chemical resistant industrial coating.

Wash/Decon

Foamed and 2BM with hyper wash, nanoskin light clay towel. Also de-badged it.

Correction

So this is another vote for how awesome 3D ONE is. Someone on here or Autogeek had asked if I had tried it with leaving the residue on the panel and not wiping off after my cutting stage then just switching pads and adding a tiny bit of product and go right into my finish polishing. I figured this would be the time to try it and all I can say is it cut my correcting time way way down!!!!

I used my Rupes Mark ll 21mm and Swirl killer mini both with Megs microfiber cutting pads. Being that 3D ONE is somewhat transparent when working it in I could see when defects were removed. I simply left the polish on the paint, switch over to a Rupes yellow pad and added a tiny drop of polish onto the pad and began my finishing polish stage. Then wiped off the polish when done to show a beautiful corrected surface. I was able to complete the correction work in about 6hrs. Which for a big black car getting a 2 step is pretty sweet!

LSP- IGL Kenzo on paint and trim.

Exterior glass- IGL window coating

WALK AROUND VIDEO!!!! CHECK THIS OUT!

YouTube
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

2. Thanks rlmccarty2000, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Here Kitty Kitty! Black Hellcat gets fully protected and GLOSSED!

Stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

I like it, I like it a lot!

Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of going from a microfiber cutting pad straight to a Rupes yellow with no wipeoff in between. That’s a real timesaver, moneymaker, and backsaver. I’ve got a bottle of One, I just need to try it out.

6. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is LATA the Totally Awesome product?

8. Likes Goonie75 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What does LATA stand for or what is the product?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by C5Longhorn View Post
    What does LATA stand for or what is the product?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Autogeekonline mobile app
    LA's Totally Awesome

11. Thanks C5Longhorn thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome work and write up and pictures Justin!

Could be me that is guilty of the no wipe off between compound and finishing polish. It's seems to be working great to do with 3D One. The results speaks for them self. Now this method I don't take credit for. It's a detailing company that did this when they tried out their new compound. Their compound is diminishing abrasives and would compare it to Menzerna HC400. But with 1 point more point on both cut and gloss rating. Will say though that One with non diminishing abrasives it seems to be a great option to use this method with. Really glad it worked great for you Justin. And on a black paint if it would not work you would easly see it. Then that it's cuts down in time is a big benefit. Thanks for shareing your work and was brave enough to test out this method LOL.

/Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Awesome work and write up and pictures Justin!

Could be me that is guilty of the no wipe off between compound and finishing polish. It's seems to be working great to do with 3D One. The results speaks for them self. Now this method I don't take credit for. It's a detailing company that did this when they tried out their new compound. Their compound is diminishing abrasives and would compare it to Menzerna HC400. But with 1 point more point on both cut and gloss rating. Will say though that One with non diminishing abrasives it seems to be a great option to use this method with. Really glad it worked great for you Justin. And on a black paint if it would not work you would easly see it. Then that it's cuts down in time is a big benefit. Thanks for shareing your work and was brave enough to test out this method LOL.

/Tony
    Thanks Tony! Yeah I figured what do I have to loose lol. The paint was already hammered and if it worked out it would save me some time. No lie when I say I had 6hrs, probably less than that correcting that big car. I will also say that newer black Dodge paint is some of the nicest correcting paint.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

Just awesome Justin! And 6h on that size of a car too. Also with a 2 step correction is very impresive. When haveing the vehicals that will suit this method. The time saved is great. Wonders how much of time you cut down with this. Did you switch pads on the polisher? Or did you have another polisher ready to go?

That's so nice when you get the flow with a great paint to correct.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast