autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The daily with CQUK 3.0 + Gliss V1

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    I agree! Awesome looking vehicle/paint/everything! Well, well done!
    Thanks. It has served me well in the 19 years I have owned it. I got it to the look I want. It may not be supercharged but that is not a big deal. It gets me from point A to point B.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I then chose to use Sonax Cut & Finish with Rupes green pads to go over the surface and remove whatever was left from Sonax CC36. There was very little defects on the paint. I was essentially removing the coating with this combo. Followed up with a prep wipe using Eraser.
    Mike - Always appreciate your detailed posts and have learned a lot from you, thank you. I'm curious as to why you chose Cut & Finish over say EX 04 06 if the paint had very little defects? I know your car has been repainted, so do you have more clear coat now than the original OEM paint? Just interested in how you arrived at your compound/polish and pad choice decisions...
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

3. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    Mike - Always appreciate your detailed posts and have learned a lot from you, thank you. I'm curious as to why you chose Cut & Finish over say EX 04 06 if the paint had very little defects? I know your car has been repainted, so do you have more clear coat now than the original OEM paint? Just interested in how you arrived at your compound/polish and pad choice decisions...
    Thanks.

It definitely does have more paint after the repaint. At least the paint gauge that I have says so. Cut & Finish on a cutting pad worked last time so I went with that but with a less aggressive cutting pad. Cut & Finish has a cut rating of 5 and EX 04-06 is at a 4. So EX 04-06 probably would have worked just fine. There are still a few areas that have deeper defects from the body shop and those could use a good compounding. They just don't bother me enough to take care of them.

5. Thanks BadgerRivFan thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Update time. I just hit the 13 month mark with the cquartz coating test on my daily driver. Thus far CQUK, TiO2 and CQUK 3.0 have held up nicely on my daily driver that sits outside 24/7 in the Southern California sun. There is some degradation starting to appear in the form of both versions of CQUK starting to lose its hydrophobic properties (aka beading).

At the 12 month mark I dud give it a decon with ironx, foamed with Gtechniq Citrus Wash and a bucket wash with Reset.

Next update will be right before polishing time which will put it a little over 17 months.

I did not show the areas that have Gliss V1 on the side panels. Those are holding up nicely. Hard to tell if I am seeing the performance of Gliss or CQUK 3.0.

7. Thanks Misterpaul, BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post
    Likes Misterpaul, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great post and thanks for the updates. Carpro is the only coatings I've used in years. Always seem to last. Keep the updates coming.

9. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome to see the update video Guz!

Agree that it's looks really great where there is still holding up. A little odd that it's so big of a difference on the little areas where it has started to degrade. Could it be that it was gotten thinner applyied on those spots or something else that could have interfeared during the application or during the lifetime of it? Will be interesting to see how it looks like when you doing the next update before you take it off. If the other part or parts follows that much of noticeble degrading that you have now.

I like how you just let it do it's thing and not topping it. And that's still have a very high contact angle and sheeting great after 13 months without anything extra applyied over it.

Thanks for shareing your experience with the testing you are doing!

Great video!

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Awesome to see the update video Guz!

Agree that it's looks really great where there is still holding up. A little odd that it's so big of a difference on the little areas where it has started to degrade. Could it be that it was gotten thinner applyied on those spots or something else that could have interfeared during the application or during the lifetime of it? Will be interesting to see how it looks like when you doing the next update before you take it off. If the other part or parts follows that much of noticeble degrading that you have now.

I like how you just let it do it's thing and not topping it. And that's still have a very high contact angle and sheeting great after 13 months without anything extra applyied over it.

Thanks for shareing your experience with the testing you are doing!

Great video!

/ Tony
    Probably just the UV here breaking it down similar to the other coatings I have used. Although CQUK 3.0 has proven to be the most durable compared to coatings such as Gloss Coat or Syncro.

I have gotten comments on my other videos stating that a coating is failing because there is no maintenance product being used because it is a must to use one haha. My response is always the same. If a coating is so good then it should be able to stand on it's own without the need for a topper.

12. Likes SWETM, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am so far very impressed with UK3.0 + Gliss v2. The self-cleaning ability is unreal. Syncro does give me more aggressive water behavior but it doesn't clean itself as good as the CarPro combo does. My wife's car looks like it was just washed every time it rains. I love it and hope it lasts more than a year (when her lease is up and we give the car back to Honda).
    Bruno Soares

14. Likes BudgetPlan1, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Final update on CQUK 3.0, TiO2 and CQUK 2.0.

Calling it at 20 1/2 months as I will be polishing very soon with something else. This coating has lived up to expectation and its claims. It can go 24 months without any issues.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12