autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Super Member DetailedByPrecision's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

DetailedByPrecision How did so many defects occur on a brand new 2017 Challenger Paint Correction CquartZ Ceramic Coating Auto Detailing San Francisco

Met the owner in person after he purchased his brand new dodge challenger to inspect it. He noticed a lot of defects on the paintwork after the dealership washed it for him. After inspecting, there were an insane amount of defects and some extremely deep ones as well. We agreed on a 3 step paint correction along with wetsanding for the deeper defects. This was one of the worst brand new cars I've worked on due to the excessive amount of deep scratches present for me to do my best to save it without compromising the paintwork. We chose CquartZ ceramic coating to help with the sensitive black paint.

Wash, iron x, clay

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4669 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4684 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4684 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4676 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4676 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Prep work and defects

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4691 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4691 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4698 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4698 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4704 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4704 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4707 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4707 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4711 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4711 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4720 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4720 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4730 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4730 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4732 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

95% correction achieved. M101 w/mf pads, D300 w/orange LC, Menz203 w/white LC, Essence w/black LC. The most time consuming part about this job was not the amount of taping required, nor the sheer amount of defects required wetsanding. The whole car was glazed before and hid so many sanding scratches, and more would show up or reveal itself after going over the section or area. The entire ordeal with the car was just messed up and the end result made both the owner and I extremely happy.

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4732 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4742 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4742 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Thank you for taking the time to view my work.

Click on image to view work

2. Likes VISITOR, lane5515, fly07sti, Diner, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DetailedByPrecision How did so many defects occur on a brand new 2017 Challenger Paint Correction CquartZ Ceramic Coating Auto Detailing San Franc

beautiful car ,,you'd be surprised how bad the come straight off the truck,up on a carrier they hit branches,rocks .bugs,birds...you name it,,I have seen them with holes in the hood,broken glass etc etc as well.
    “I have trouble with names and faces, but I never forget a car.”

4. Likes PaulMys, DetailedByPrecision liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DetailedByPrecision How did so many defects occur on a brand new 2017 Challenger Paint Correction CquartZ Ceramic Coating Auto Detailing San Franc

Omg, so much taping to do. He should have gotten rid of the stripes to make it easier (and better looking). That car arrived with trashed paint
    Bruno Soares

6. Likes DetailedByPrecision liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have figured d300 on a microfiber pad would have removed 90% of those defects. I’ve never used d300 on a foam pad. Why did you use 205 and follow it up with Essence? Essence has decent cut. The car really came out nice and looks like it took tons of work. Personally I would have refused it at the dealership, especially with you having to wetsand it. Taking off that much clear on a new car is not a good way for a car to start its life off. I’m sure the customer was very happy with the results!

8. Likes DetailedByPrecision liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I applaud you on the tape job.
    paint looks fantastic !
    Gav Details on YouTube:
    www.youtube.com/c/GavDetails

10. Likes DetailedByPrecision liked this post