autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

2011 Ford Mustang Black (UA)-2 Step Paint Correction Progress (Malco Epic Paint Correction)

Folks,
    This thread is a primary review of the Malco Epic Paint Correction System. Over the weekend, I was at my parents house and finally got around to doing a Paint Correction on my father's 2011 Ford Mustang V6 convertible- his retirement car. The car is not a daily driver, but has accumulated swirls (from the ultra-soft paint), RIDS, scuffs, and a few areas of minor paint transfer. the car was quite challenging due to the ultra-soft black Ford UA paint (any pro will tell you how difficult is to finish down). Most of the products I used on this job was from Malco Automotive. I was first introduced to the product line close to 20 years ago. The line is geared to professionals only, and you have to purchase it through a distributor. Traditionally, all the buffing compounds/polishes that Malco manufactures were geared for Rotary machines. Over a year ago, they launched their Epic Paint Correction system that was designed to be used with an orbital (Works best with Flex 3401). The System contains a heavy duty compound, medium duty compound, and finishing polish. Both compounds will finish down nicely once the abrasives have broken down. The heavy cut compound is designed to remove P1500 sands marks, while medium can remove P2500 sand marks. For my job, I used the medium cut compound using an orange cutting pad followed by the finishing polish using a black finishing pad. I used the flex 3401 using both 6.5” and 5.5” pads, and Flex 3” for pillars and smaller panels. A pad was switch out with each panel. This is essential for finishing down soft black paint. After paint correction, the paint was sealed with Malco’s Imperial paste wax, which will provide protection up to one year. The results are of show car quality. Prep Procedure is below with before and after pics.

Prep Procedure (Mostly Malco Products):
    1. Detailed Engine Bay using Super Clean Foam and Dressed with Malco Aqua Bead (diluted 1:1)
    2. Cleaned and Dressed wheels/tires -Meguiars detailer wheel and tire cleaner (1:1) for cleaning and Malco Ready and Shine (RTU) for dressing
    3. Convertible top treatment: Vacuum top, and then with Raggtopp Cleaner and their brush. After vehicle was washed and top was allowed to dry, it was treated with Raggtopp protectant.
    4. Washed vehicle with Malco CW-37 wash- Used foam cannon and two bucket system. Highly concentrated foaming formula.
    5. Chemically Decon with NanoSkin Iron Free
    6. Mechanically Decon with NanoSkin Autoscrub Fine. Note: Due to the soft paint, the auto scrub leaves marring that was easily removed during polishing.
    7. Blew dry all crevices; taped all plastic trim, and covered convertible top.
    8. Followed Instructions for Malco Medium Duty compound and finishing Polish. We used 1 pad per panel.
    9. Sealed with Malco Imperial Paste Wax - applied by hand
    10. Glass cleaned with Sprayway Glass Cleaner

Before Shots:
    Vehicle Covered in Brick Dust from Construction Work

Close up of swirls and scratches

Side Shot

Engine Bay

AFTER:

Engine Bay

Front Shot

Mirror Reflection - Fully Corrected !

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2011 Ford Mustang Black (UA)-2 Step Paint Correction Progress (Malco Epic Paint Correction)

It looks like the photos still aren't uploading.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2011 Ford Mustang Black (UA)-2 Step Paint Correction Progress (Malco Epic Paint Correction)

Before shots2011 Ford Mustang Black (UA)-2 Step Paint Correction Progress (Malco Epic Paint Correction)-img_1883-jpg2011 Ford Mustang Black (UA)-2 Step Paint Correction Progress (Malco Epic Paint Correction)-img_1888-jpg2011 Ford Mustang Black (UA)-2 Step Paint Correction Progress (Malco Epic Paint Correction)-img_1893-jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Before side shot2011 Ford Mustang Black (UA)-2 Step Paint Correction Progress (Malco Epic Paint Correction)-img_1885-jpg

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

After shots2011 Ford Mustang Black (UA)-2 Step Paint Correction Progress (Malco Epic Paint Correction)-img_1894-jpg2011 Ford Mustang Black (UA)-2 Step Paint Correction Progress (Malco Epic Paint Correction)-img_1897-jpg2011 Ford Mustang Black (UA)-2 Step Paint Correction Progress (Malco Epic Paint Correction)-img_1903-jpg2011 Ford Mustang Black (UA)-2 Step Paint Correction Progress (Malco Epic Paint Correction)-img_1900-jpg2011 Ford Mustang Black (UA)-2 Step Paint Correction Progress (Malco Epic Paint Correction)-img_1901-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Looks incredible, dude................
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work on that Stang!!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Fellas, Thanks! I wish the pictures were of higher resolution. UA Black paint is really tough to work on.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Paul, what part of the Island do you live in? Nassau or Suffolk?