autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Full detail of a Porsche Carrera 2005

In this post we will go through the process it took to bring life back to this beautiful Porsche Carrera 2005. The detailing of this car was long overdue with the paint showing major swirls, some deeper scratches and even oxydation on some part of the vehicle.

The first step is usually to examine the vehicle with the customer and go around it, making sure to spot and point out any defects or correction that needs to be done. An important point is also to see with the client if there's anything special they would like you to take care of while your at it, chances are this is one of the first thing they will direct their attention to upon delivering the detailed vehicle.

Time to get to work!

I usually like to take care of the wheels first by de-greasing the tires followed up with some wheel brightener on the rims, let this sit for a few minutes before attacking it with a variety of brushes to get into every possible crevice (even a lug nut brush is very useful). While in there I make sure to spray the wheel wells also so I can hit them as well.

Here is our before/after show of the wheels (no dressing was applied at this point).

Once we are done with the wheels we can move it with washing the car. In this case I used some Chemical Guys Glossworkz to do so with my usual two bucket method equipped with grit guards to trap any dirt at the bottom.

After washing this beauty I proceeded with claying it with medium grade Riccardo clay bar, this removes all bonded surface contaminant and gets the paint ready for compound & polishing. Make sure that your surface is always lubricated when doing so, my favorite lube at this time is made by using some Optimum No Rince mixed with water.

Car is now prepped up this means we are ready to decide what recipe of pads and product we will use in order to achieve the result we are looking for using the LEAST aggressive methods available to us.

In this particular case we used a Flex 3401 and a orange Lake Country CCS 6" pad with our favorite compound, followed by a white CCS pad for the polishing step. Once satisfied with the test spot we went ahead and did the whole vehicle getting help from the 3" pad on the Porter Cable 7424XP along the way.

Before allowing this lovely piece of engineering to see the light again we went ahead and protected our work with our favorite sealant made out of carnauba and polymer from the Collonite brand. This will prevent any damage from UV, rain, snow, salt, dust, dirt, grime, bugs and staining. Ideal when both lasting shine and all-season/all-conditions protection are equally crucial.

We applied the coating by hand with a wax applicator pad using small forward streak motion as shown below and then removed it with a plush microfiber towel after letting it sit for a few minutes.

Finally, here are some final shots from the Porsche Carrera 2005 after it was polished and coated with our sealant. Note that for the final touch we polished the chrome tip of the muffler with some P21 polishing soap and dressed our tires for that wet and shiny look.

The interior also got some love, we went ahead and passed a vacuum, wiped down/protected all surface and trim.

It was well worth the effort in the end and customer was thrilled to see his car looking better then the day he purchased it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Full detail of a Porsche Carrera 2005

Great work! Only way to make that outside transformation better would be to give him the 2006 and up headlights LOL!

Verynice!
    2014 Grand Cherokee Oil Burner | 2007 Rav 4 | 2008 Corvette | 1996 Mariah Shabah Z202 Limted Edition

3. Likes MTLean liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful work... Sweet ride too!

As an FYI: I had to use Chrome to see the pictures. The photo's don't come up in Fire Fox or Edge.

5. Likes MTLean liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else having problems seeing the pictures?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Can't see the pics!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

8. Thanks MTLean thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great job! The Porsche looks amazing.

10. Thanks MTLean thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Can't see the pics!
    Better?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Autogeekonline mobile app

12. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great work and write up!

Could see the pictures in the last post you did. Could not see them on the first post with Firefox.

14. Thanks MTLean thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful car. Nice work.

16. Thanks MTLean thanked for this post