autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Exo and essence question plus nice reflection shots.

Starting this project tomorrow. Think I'm going to use 3800 then coat. I may use something on a polishing pad first if it looks like it makes a difference on my test spot. I might polish with the new rupes Millie fine polish then jewel it with 3800.

I gotta see the defects under this new work light I bought

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    What do think about pairing up the gyeon polish or essence with the exo?
    I'm not familiar with the EXO products. sorry.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    Check out 512detail's comments over on the Autopia Forum regarding Essence and EXO. I seem to recall that in his experience they did not work well together. It was probably a good 18 months+ ago that he tried Essence with a number of different toppers. YMMV of course.

If you are not 100% set on using Essence as your final polish before coating, check out Gyeon Primer as an option. I've found it to be a little less finicky than Essence (although I do like Essence) and the gloss is terrific. There are no fillers in Gyeon Primer if that makes any difference to you. I've topped Primer with several different hybrid waxes and it's worked great. I've seen zero comments out there about using non-Gyeon coatings on top of Gyeon Primer though. It would be interesting to learn if it is compatible with competitor's coatings.
    Thanks for the info. I received both EXO and Crystal Serum Light today. My normal prep is Essence before applying the coating (normally I use McKee's 37). So I will have to switch that to M205 then.

4. Likes BadgerRivFan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    Are you doing CSL and topping with EXOv4 or just using EXO as a stand alone?? I've been using EXO for a few years. Didn't use much v3 but overall I've been really happy with it. I used v2 as a stand alone on a couple vehicles with great success.

You definitely wouldn't be the first to polish off a coating long before it actually needs to be removed. lol
    How many cars can you usually do with a bottle of EXO? Mark Barger told me it's about 3. Is that your experience as well?

Trying to figure out pricing for both EXO and CSL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    How many cars can you usually do with a bottle of EXO? Mark Barger told me it's about 3. Is that your experience as well?

Trying to figure out pricing for both EXO and CSL.
    what size bottle? I got the 30ml it says 1 car but idk if it 2 coats on 1 car or 1 coat on 1 car. They recomend 2 coats so im hoping its at least 2 coats.

The exo v4 might work better with essence then the v3 did idk?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    what size bottle? I got the 30ml it says 1 car but idk if it 2 coats on 1 car or 1 coat on 1 car. They recomend 2 coats so im hoping its at least 2 coats.

The exo v4 might work better with essence then the v3 did idk?
    Ya 30ml bottle. I did a Lexus Sedan today using it. So it took about 3/4 of the bottle to do the car and mags. I applied 2 coats.

So if you can only do 1 vehicle with 1 bottle, it's not something I will use for my packages. First, doing 2 coats instead of one is a major waste of time. Basically adds and hour to the detail. Second I got EXO in a kit with Crystal Serum Light. Together the total was 140 CAN$, will have to check how much of that is CSL and how much is EXO but just for argument's sake, let's say EXO costs 60$ and CSL costs 80$. If I compare that to McKee's 37 Paint coating, this products costs me (with shipping included) 85$ and I can do 5 cars. So 17$ per car and only 1 coat needed so I save an hour as opposed to 60$ for the same car and more time to apply.

Mark Barger mentionned EXO is extremelly Hydrophobic. I have not seen it once cure but I will take his word for it. McKee's is not overly hydrophobic. Water will not stick to it but it doesn't have the effect that looks like a force field when water hits it and just flies away. Still, we are talking about 18-24 months coating with EXO and 2-3 years with McKee's. So for me the clear winner is McKee's for my base product.

I will still add CSL to my offerring with the option to top it with EXO. CSL is not very hydrophobic according to Mark, so that might leave clients disapointed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Ya 30ml bottle. I did a Lexus Sedan today using it. So it took about 3/4 of the bottle to do the car and mags. I applied 2 coats.

So if you can only do 1 vehicle with 1 bottle, it's not something I will use for my packages. First, doing 2 coats instead of one is a major waste of time. Basically adds and hour to the detail. Second I got EXO in a kit with Crystal Serum Light. Together the total was 140 CAN$, will have to check how much of that is CSL and how much is EXO but just for argument's sake, let's say EXO costs 60$ and CSL costs 80$. If I compare that to McKee's 37 Paint coating, this products costs me (with shipping included) 85$ and I can do 5 cars. So 17$ per car and only 1 coat needed so I save an hour as opposed to 60$ for the same car and more time to apply.

Mark Barger mentionned EXO is extremelly Hydrophobic. I have not seen it once cure but I will take his word for it. McKee's is not overly hydrophobic. Water will not stick to it but it doesn't have the effect that looks like a force field when water hits it and just flies away. Still, we are talking about 18-24 months coating with EXO and 2-3 years with McKee's. So for me the clear winner is McKee's for my base product.

I will still add CSL to my offerring with the option to top it with EXO. CSL is not very hydrophobic according to Mark, so that might leave clients disapointed.
    Did you find the exov4 easy to apply?

Post Thanks / Like

I put EXO v4 on an IS350 Lexus this past Sept, went on super easy. I keep it topped with BF sio2 or Reload 1x a month.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12