autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Exo and essence question plus nice reflection shots.

So I've been using c2v3 and high gloss layering it with good results aside from the water spots that drive me crazy. I have a pic of them to post later.

So I'm thinking of stepping up to a more permanent coating. I got the Exo v4 that came in today. After the pollen season is over I'd like to polish with essence then top it with the Exo. Does anyone know if they're compatible? Anyone use exo v3 over essence maybe?

Thanks for the help and for looking at my pics

2. Likes Farson liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Exo and essence question plus nice reflection shots.

Check out 512detail's comments over on the Autopia Forum regarding Essence and EXO. I seem to recall that in his experience they did not work well together. It was probably a good 18 months+ ago that he tried Essence with a number of different toppers. YMMV of course.

If you are not 100% set on using Essence as your final polish before coating, check out Gyeon Primer as an option. I've found it to be a little less finicky than Essence (although I do like Essence) and the gloss is terrific. There are no fillers in Gyeon Primer if that makes any difference to you. I've topped Primer with several different hybrid waxes and it's worked great. I've seen zero comments out there about using non-Gyeon coatings on top of Gyeon Primer though. It would be interesting to learn if it is compatible with competitor's coatings.
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

4. Thanks Calendyr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    Check out 512detail's comments over on the Autopia Forum regarding Essence and EXO. I seem to recall that in his experience they did not work well together. It was probably a good 18 months+ ago that he tried Essence with a number of different toppers. YMMV of course.

If you are not 100% set on using Essence as your final polish before coating, check out Gyeon Primer as an option. I've found it to be a little less finicky than Essence (although I do like Essence) and the gloss is terrific. There are no fillers in Gyeon Primer if that makes any difference to you. I've topped Primer with several different hybrid waxes and it's worked great. I've seen zero comments out there about using non-Gyeon coatings on top of Gyeon Primer though. It would be interesting to learn if it is compatible with competitor's coatings.
    No I'm not dead set on it I might even get a better finish with something like rupes ultrafine and then stripping the oils. Does the gyeon primer have abrasives in it I def want something abrasive.

Did anyone get clarification on the new backfire prep polish as far as being abrasive or not? I'll def look into the gyeon polish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Does the gyeon primer have abrasives in it I def want something abrasive.
    Yes, I believe there is some mild abrasives in Gyeon Primer. It's basically Essence without the fillers, and it is just a tad easier to work with.
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I believe there is some mild abrasives in Gyeon Primer. It's basically Essence without the fillers, and it is just a tad easier to work with.
    Nice I'll def give that a shot I gotta put an order in soon. Those fillers prob just get in the way. I got the new 4th version of exo so i have to look into it more. It might work better on virgin paint cuz its like a 2 part coating formula idk?

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing is there's no way I'll be able to leave it on for even a year without wanting to polish it off. I imagine a lot of Autogeeks are polishing off there coatings every few months because they want to try something new

Post Thanks / Like

^^ Way easier to work with IMO. Working time is loads longer and it's easy to wipe off.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

10. Likes BadgerRivFan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice I'll def give that a shot I gotta put an order in soon. Those fillers prob just get in the way. I got the new 4th version of exo so i have to look into it more. It might work better on virgin paint cuz its like a 2 part coating formula idk?
    Are you doing CSL and topping with EXOv4 or just using EXO as a stand alone?? I've been using EXO for a few years. Didn't use much v3 but overall I've been really happy with it. I used v2 as a stand alone on a couple vehicles with great success.

The only thing is there's no way I'll be able to leave it on for even a year without wanting to polish it off. I imagine a lot of Autogeeks are polishing off there coatings every few months because they want to try something new
    You definitely wouldn't be the first to polish off a coating long before it actually needs to be removed. lol
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    Are you doing CSL and topping with EXOv4 or just using EXO as a stand alone?? I've been using EXO for a few years. Didn't use much v3 but overall I've been really happy with it. I used v2 as a stand alone on a couple vehicles with great success.

You definitely wouldn't be the first to polish off a coating long before it actually needs to be removed. lol
    I figured lol I doubt mine will last 6 months. I was just going to use the Exo by itself then top it with things like c2v3 or high gloss ect, how do u think the Exo would pair up with essence or the gyeon polish?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    ^^ Way easier to work with IMO. Working time is loads longer and it's easy to wipe off.
    What do think about pairing up the gyeon polish or essence with the exo?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast