autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Richy's Out From Hibernation: 2015 1LE Camaro

I do enjoy taking the winter off detailing, not that I have much choice given that I live in Canada and work from my garage. I do like the break I give my body and gives me a chance to review what's new. A HUGE part of my distraction, since mid November was the addition of Stella to our family. It's been 10 long years since we've owned a dog and I was sure ready!!

This is the latest car I did, a 2015 1LE Camaro that is tweaked like you wouldn't believe! I did it for him a few years ago and once he heard about Feynlab Self Heal Lite (and saw it on my wife's Explorer), he wanted the old coating stripped off and SHL applied. The day before it arrived was gorgeous for early March. High 50's. The day he was to deliver it to me....not so much. Check out how it showed up:

The next day, this came crashing down from the roof:

Here it is after defrosting and me clearing the roof (Yes, I did that!):

Getting washed inside due to the weather:

I will quickly summarize what steps were taken to prepare the car for SHL. The paint was given a 2 step correction/polish using 3401 + TB black wool + M100 followed by yellow B/S and M205. After prepping the surface, all painted areas got SHL. The matte wrap got Ceramic Lite and the trim got Feynlab Plastic. The wheels were also removed and were coated with Feynlab Wheel & Caliper on the faces and DLux on the barrels. Here it is all done:

Thanks for looking!

2. Likes The Guz, lane5515, fly07sti, VISITOR, SWETM and 10 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Richy's Out From Hibernation: 2015 1LE Camaro

The Beast is back! Awesome work as always buddy. Too bad I missed ya when I was in Florida.

4. Thanks richy thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great work and pictures!

6. Thanks richy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Richy buddy ol' pal.

Awh man, Stella is soooo damn cute! C'mon Rich - tell me you let her sleep on the bed mate, I couldn't resist . . . . although our 9 kilo fur baby feels more like 99 kilo once actually on the bed!

Thats a good looking Camaro, I think I recall you doing this one. I am yet to work with the self heal coatings, I should really put it on one of our own vehicles to show people its capabilities & I think I would have a great market here for it. Steve said he was sending me some to play with, I may have to remind him.

Ahhh Richy, I don't think the neighbor hood is going to be all that thrilled with you snow foaming EVERYTHING in sight! A little wasteful if you ask me but hey, you're the man! How did it wash up with the old coating? What was on it to begin with?

Fantastic write up mate. The Camaro came out great, I hope your client keeps you up to date how the Feynlab performs & you keep us up to date too. Thank you for taking the time to post Richy.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

8. Thanks richy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    The Beast is back! Awesome work as always buddy. Too bad I missed ya when I was in Florida.
    Thanks buddy! Don, I would have loved the chance to meet you man!! We go to Venice every March break (usually the week prior to the 19th and we ALWAYS leave the Friday of Detail Fest.

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Great work and pictures!
    Thanks so much for both your comment and taking the time to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post
    Hey Richy buddy ol' pal.

Awh man, Stella is soooo damn cute! C'mon Rich - tell me you let her sleep on the bed mate, I couldn't resist . . . . although our 9 kilo fur baby feels more like 99 kilo once actually on the bed!

Thats a good looking Camaro, I think I recall you doing this one. I am yet to work with the self heal coatings, I should really put it on one of our own vehicles to show people its capabilities & I think I would have a great market here for it. Steve said he was sending me some to play with, I may have to remind him.

Ahhh Richy, I don't think the neighbor hood is going to be all that thrilled with you snow foaming EVERYTHING in sight! A little wasteful if you ask me but hey, you're the man! How did it wash up with the old coating? What was on it to begin with?

Fantastic write up mate. The Camaro came out great, I hope your client keeps you up to date how the Feynlab performs & you keep us up to date too. Thank you for taking the time to post Richy.

Aaryn NZ.
    Aaryn, My wife won't let her sleep in the bed due to it being fairly high off the ground. Dachshunds are fearless and dumb at the same time, so they jump off stuff they should not. We are doing everything we can to protect her back...I want her around for a long time!

Yes, I did the Camaro 2 years ago I believe. It had Finest on it. The compounding with wool would remove it I believe. This winter has been disgustingly long. That's funny...kinda did look like I foamed everything!! Hahaha.

Buddy, trust me on this. Start using Self Heal. With the leveling aid, it is super easy to both use and more importantly, use aggressively (apply thick as possible to give the best protection possible). I let SHL set up for quite a while prior to using leveling aid on it. When compared to full heal, I think it's the best deal in the Feynlab lineup.

10. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have certainly missed your posts sir. It looks as though you got a real dilly of a job to wake you from hibernation. I like your critter.
    Rick....now in North Texas

12. Thanks richy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back, richy! Stella is GORGEOUS!!! She'll bring you guys some love and smiles.

Looks like you haven't forgotten your magical touch with vehicle paint perfection. Beautiful work, my friend.

And on a side note, have your Leafs beat up on the Bruins. If the Lightning have to face 'em again I want the Bruins "hampered" a bit.

14. Thanks richy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    I have certainly missed your posts sir. It looks as though you got a real dilly of a job to wake you from hibernation. I like your critter.
    Rick, thanks so much! Great to see you around too. I'm in love with my critter.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post
    Welcome back, richy! Stella is GORGEOUS!!! She'll bring you guys some love and smiles.

Looks like you haven't forgotten your magical touch with vehicle paint perfection. Beautiful work, my friend.

And on a side note, have your Leafs beat up on the Bruins. If the Lightning have to face 'em again I want the Bruins "hampered" a bit.
    Thanks Paul! Stella makes a bad day better. Sorry, bud, I don't follow hockey at all....and, yes, I know that's distinctly "non-Canadian", LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful job Richy !!! I missed seeing your work !!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

17. Thanks richy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Beautiful job Richy !!! I missed seeing your work !!!
    Thanks very much Pat! Good to be back into it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast