autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Lincoln MK-C meets Gyeon Syncro - and I kinda like it...

So I've not used Gyeon Products before and after today, I think I regret not having done so sooner. We all have our Good-Better-Best product offerings and I'm not sure where you all would put Syncro, but for me, the outcome has been nothing short of spectacular.

Mohs is perhaps one of the easiest coatings to apply. I really like McKee's v2 but it's far more difficult to wipe off. It does leave the surface more slick feeling but it does take more effort to wipe off to ensure there are no high-spots. Not so with Mohs. As per the instructions, once you wipe just after covering the section being worked on the remainder flashes like magic and then buffs right off. I had Zero issues with streaks or high spots. Very nice! Skin.....what can I say, it puts CarPro Gliss to shame in terms of ease of use and slickness. Here too, easy as can be to buff off and even faster than Mohs. Gliss is easy too but not like Skin.

Time will tell before I give it my final ranking as I want to see how it sheds dirt and water and holds up over a couple washes. That said, while it's easy to apply, it is a time consuming process and 3 coats certainly tests my patients. The results however are worth it. I'm looking to add this to my offerings but the costs for my labor won't be cheap.

Anyway, the first try of it I saved for my wife's new car. I absolutely love the color on this thing and Know she will appreciate all the efforts once she sees it in the sun come Sunday.

Here's what my afternoon consisted of:

• Rinseless Wash with W.G. Uber - my favorite and stand by product
    • Wheels cleaned with Griot's Garage Wheel cleaner
    • Quick hit on a test panel with Iron X revealed ZERO fallout so I passed on doing the rest of it
    • the car didn't even need it but I gave it quick once over with my Fine Grade Nano Sponge
    • Polishing wise, it just needed a quick but solid polish with M205 and a green Hexlogic Pad mounted to my Flex 3401. Simple and effective.
    • Wiped down everything from glass to wheels to paint with CarPro Eraser
    • Tires were dressed with Aero Cosmetics Rubber Care. It's a new to me product that I read about and so far like.
    • Trim on the rockers and around the entire car was treated with WETS.
    • Wheels themselves and exhaust tips were Ceramic Coated with 22ple Wheel and Metal Coating. Not cheap by any means but it's excellent stuff.
    • Windows Ceramic Coated with McKee's Glass Coating. Gave them all 2 coats the other day and another single coat today. The pano roof however got a the full Gyeon treatment including Skin.
    • Paint wise, as noted, Gyeon Syncro.

Preliminary pics since I started very late in the day just after lunch and didn't finish until it was dark already. More pics Sunday when the sun is out.

UPDATED PICS ADDED:

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lincoln MK-C meets Gyeon Syncro - and I kinda like it...

Can't wait to do this on the wife's Armada

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Looking really good. I have been itching to do my cars, I have some gyeon products that I want to try also and happy to see you had positive results.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Nice. The paint pops. You are going to like Syncro. I’m about to hit 4 months on my dads car and it’s still slick as the day I put it on.

Best water beading I’ve seen and the self cleaning effect is good so far.

Add Gyeon Primer Polish. You will enjoy it’s ease of use and the look it adds on top of the coating.

5. Likes SWETM, panthershark, BadgerRivFan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Add Gyeon Primer Polish. You will enjoy it’s ease of use and the look it adds on top of the coating.
    Good info. I may add that to my cabinet as it's like CarPro Essence is for their line of products on this one is geared to Gyeon's stuff.
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Wow what an awesome finish you got! Great work and seems like Gyeon has done a homerun with Syncro.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great, going to do opti gloss coat on the wife’s 2018 if the weather ever warms up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Wow what an awesome finish you got! Great work and seems like Gyeon has done a homerun with Syncro.
    They do. Downside is they need to make Skin available as a separate product like CarPro Gliss. Its the 3 step process that makes it a bummer.
    I'd buy thier too if the line Pure and put Skin over it.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great, that red has some depth! Weird question, what is your take on the tires the vehicle has on it? I have that Pirelli tire at the top of my list as a replacement for my OEM's that I hate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer77 View Post
    Looks great, that red has some depth! Weird question, what is your take on the tires the vehicle has on it? I have that Pirelli tire at the top of my list as a replacement for my OEM's that I hate.
    Haha! I litterally just fielded a question about these from a local friend. Personally, I've always liked Perelli tires. They are right up there with Michelin's in my book. Well balanced and manufactured and well designed. I had a set of P-Zero Nero's on a car and they were excellent. These particular P7's believe it or not are Run-Flats and about the only run flats that I would ever own. My Infiniti Came with the absolute worst ones out there and thus why I pulled them off as soon as I got the car. If youi are looking at the Cinurato P7's you can't go wrong.

12. Thanks Hammer77 thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast