autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Carpro GLISS added to an 2016 Mercedes Benz S550 coupe coated with Cquartz Classic 8 months ago

a few weeks ago, I decided to add a coat of Gliss to one of the cars i have coated a few months ago.

Again, I'm better with the visuals then writing down all of the details

Link Below (feedback & advice always welcomed)

YouTube

2. Thanks Avi@CarPro thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpro GLISS added to an 2016 Mercedes Benz S550 coupe coated with Cquartz Classic 8 months ago

Hey! Where are the beading shots?! Lol. Just kidding. Great job. That IronX snow soap is such a great wash for any coating or heavy duty sealant. Makes a great clay lube too.

4. Likes Dabbac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpro GLISS added to an 2016 Mercedes Benz S550 coupe coated with Cquartz Classic 8 months ago

Thanks, and i will get you those shots in a week, when it cures so i can wash

I just did a Macan Turbo yesterday, 8hrs and i used the snow foam as a clay lube. now i just need to find time to put that video together. The car was beat up for only being 4 years old. But it is a daily drive, and in New York......

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful work my friend!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dabbac View Post
    a few weeks ago, I decided to add a coat of Gliss to one of the cars i have coated a few months ago.

Again, I'm better with the visuals then writing down all of the details

Link Below (feedback & advice always welcomed)

YouTube
    You applied Gliss in direct sunlight?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Looks like wrong way to approach it..avoid direct sunlight even with decon process...but from the video looks like he does not have access to controlled environment either so he had to do it outside..too many factor to consider when doing this outside..wind dust accumulating on car after cleaning etc..if anyone new watching this please dont do this in direct sunlight and do it in controlled environment my only suggestion..I guess he got away with white car..I would never do this in direct sunlight..
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." - Ayn Ran

Post Thanks / Like

Carpro GLISS added to an 2016 Mercedes Benz S550 coupe coated with Cquartz Classic 8 months ago

Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    Looks like wrong way to approach it..avoid direct sunlight even with decon process...but from the video looks like he does not have access to controlled environment either so he had to do it outside..too many factor to consider when doing this outside..wind dust accumulating on car after cleaning etc..if anyone new watching this please dont do this in direct sunlight and do it in controlled environment my only suggestion..I guess he got away with white car..I would never do this in direct sunlight..
    Each panel was wiped with eraser before applying gliss, it was around 45 degrees out. Gliss didn’t act any different then it did when I’ve done it in a garage.
    I also had my eye on the suede applicator and not once was there any dust/dirt or whatever you might consider build up of any sort of contaminants.

Now if it was mid summer and 75+ degrees, I wouldn’t have been out there doing the same thing.

Ive found that directions are more of a guidance rather then rules set in stone

I appreciate your concerns though, you make 100% sense in that people new to coatings shouldn’t do this under these types of conditions.

I have a question though, what were you implying when you said I might have gotten away with it because it is a white car. I understand my conditions aren’t textbook for application. But I didn’t not sacrifice the coatings underneath by inducing marks anywhere.

From what I’ve seen, the cooler temps work in my favor vs 75+ degrees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    The sun was in and out, but it was also very cool out. There was no difference in the way the coating reacted vs being in my garage. If anything, my areas applied were smaller as I went around the car

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dabbac View Post
    I have a question though, what were you implying when you said I might have gotten away with it because it is a white car. I understand my conditions aren’t textbook for application. But I didn’t not sacrifice the coatings underneath by inducing marks anywhere.

From what I’ve seen, the cooler temps work in my favor vs 75+ degrees

What i meant to say was that in direct sunlight any coating will cure faster than advertised and would be harder to remove if not careful and might leave hazy spots..then only way to remove once its harden is to polish it out and start your process again.I know gliss is not true coating just a topper so i guess you did not have any issue even in direct sunlight..good thing colder temp works for you..I still prefer to do it inside in controlled environment just my opinion..
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." - Ayn Ran

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    What i meant to say was that in direct sunlight any coating will cure faster than advertised and would be harder to remove if not careful and might leave hazy spots..then only way to remove once its harden is to polish it out and start your process again.I know gliss is not true coating just a topper so i guess you did not have any issue even in direct sunlight..good thing colder temp works for you..I still prefer to do it inside in controlled environment just my opinion..

What did your reply have to do with his car being white?

You could’ve said that because his car’s white, the temperature even in direct sun would be cooler than any other color..

Another comment people with white vehicles commonly get is “you’re lucky you won’t be able to see the marring because it’s white”
    I should know, I have 2 white vehicles here at home and I find it a bit insulting as if I can’t properly inspect my own paint or something.Carpro GLISS added to an 2016 Mercedes Benz S550 coupe coated with Cquartz Classic 8 months agolol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast