autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Carpro GLISS added to an 2016 Mercedes Benz S550 coupe coated with Cquartz Classic 8 months ago

Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    What i meant to say was that in direct sunlight any coating will cure faster than advertised and would be harder to remove if not careful and might leave hazy spots..then only way to remove once its harden is to polish it out and start your process again.I know gliss is not true coating just a topper so i guess you did not have any issue even in direct sunlight..good thing colder temp works for you..I still prefer to do it inside in controlled environment just my opinion..
    Thanks for the clarification.

Because of the lack of space living in NYC, I take every precaution when it comes to weather and doing my vehicles. I would definitely not be applying UK in the sun or high temps. The good thing about gliss is, the ease of removing any high spots by reapplication. I did my cousins macan this past weekend, he helped. I was very clear that he had to follow me with my lights to make sure there were no high spots while applying Classic, but again, decon/ compounding/polishing/waxing/coating all work more in my favor during the cold/cooler months I do have a garage, but currently in the middle of working on one of my cars and would hate to have to pull it outside and slow down the work on that car.

I am not a professional and do not do this for money, I enjoy it, and for me, it’s my time to relax and zone out of reality while also maintaining my own vehicles.

I’m comfortable with the machine and would never put myself in a situation I couldn’t get myself out of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpro GLISS added to an 2016 Mercedes Benz S550 coupe coated with Cquartz Classic 8 months ago

we are getting feet of snow tomorrow...I am sure gliss will hold up well in snow and salt..I am really interested in getting gliss but AG still doesnt have it in stock.
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." - Ayn Ran

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpro GLISS added to an 2016 Mercedes Benz S550 coupe coated with Cquartz Classic 8 months ago

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    What did your reply have to do with his car being white?

You could’ve said that because his car’s white, the temperature even in direct sun would be cooler than any other color..

Another comment people with white vehicles commonly get is “you’re lucky you won’t be able to see the marring because it’s white”
    I should know, I have 2 white vehicles here at home and I find it a bit insulting as if I can’t properly inspect my own paint or something.Carpro GLISS added to an 2016 Mercedes Benz S550 coupe coated with Cquartz Classic 8 months agolol
    Thanks Eldorado, I get where you are coming from, I have had plenty of black/white and Silver cars. I understood how his reply could have been taken many different ways.

It’s sometimes hard to read where someone is coming from by trying to decipher words written. This is why I asked for clarity in the comment. I knew it was one or the other (inducing marring or high spots) but I feel, my ocd had those ends covered and if I did make a mistake, I know how to correct it.

What I took from the comment was that I might have not been as detailed as I should have in my video to cover certain concerns.

This is why I love the forum. The mixed opinions and concerns we all might have for another’s work.

A year ago I was way different in my maintenance of my vehicles. Today, I am the way I am, because of all of the help and information I get on forums like this.

We all have one goal here, either for monetary gain or just self satisfaction.

We also have our own processes. Someone like me who lives in New York, might have a different outlook on applications due to the fluctuation of temperatures I come across up here when compared to someone in Vegas or Florida where the weather is more commonly on the warmer side all year round and they never have to deal with the cold harsh winters. (Note: for me, more coats also help protect from all the snow/salt up here, tomorrow we are suppose to get 6-10”)

4. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    we are getting feet of snow tomorrow...I am sure gliss will hold up well in snow and salt..I am really interested in getting gliss but AG still doesnt have it in stock.
    The coupe is a garage queen, she hasn’t seen rain let alone salt lol. But my wives suv which has 2 coats of classic, 1 coat of uk and a coat of gliss holds up really well. My SUV that just has 2 coats of classic which was applied back in June 2017 is holdin up great.

I’m looking forward in seeing how much better the 3.0 version of UK will be, noting that it will protect against snow/salt etc

Post Thanks / Like

It seems like we’re thinking alike... I’m up early this morning and about to do a bucket wash and re apply a fresh coat of protection even though it’s going to rain tomorrow. I like having the paint protected during the rain. Carpro GLISS added to an 2016 Mercedes Benz S550 coupe coated with Cquartz Classic 8 months ago

I just got done cleaning the wheels & tires.

7. Likes Dabbac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I do some work sometimes in Brooklyn as I saw the NY amber and black plate. How do you do your work on the street?
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Post Thanks / Like

Carpro GLISS added to an 2016 Mercedes Benz S550 coupe coated with Cquartz Classic 8 months ago

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1234 View Post
    I do some work sometimes in Brooklyn as I saw the NY amber and black plate. How do you do your work on the street?
    Thanks for the question, As you can tell, there isn’t much space on brooklyn streets. For me, Parking isn’t that difficult. I usually have the spot just next door to where I live (no trees and no one can park in-front or behind my car). I also have my driveway, back space and garage to use if needed.

Plus, I’m doing my cars and/or family members. I grew up here so to me, there is no real issue in doing it this way. Mobile detailers pull up in their vans and do cars all over the neighborhood. I work with what I have.

The wife wants to move to NJ, I would have a 4 car garage and all the space in the world. But my business isn’t detailing. My commute would go from 45min to drive 9miles. To 1.5 -2 hrs to go 30 miles and my kids would probably never see me Carpro GLISS added to an 2016 Mercedes Benz S550 coupe coated with Cquartz Classic 8 months ago

Don’t get me wrong, I can walk my dog around the block at night and not see one person.

But my hours at work range from 12 -16hrs from leaving to being back everyday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dabbac View Post
    Thanks, and i will get you those shots in a week, when it cures so i can wash

I just did a Macan Turbo yesterday, 8hrs and i used the snow foam as a clay lube. now i just need to find time to put that video together. The car was beat up for only being 4 years old. But it is a daily drive, and in New York......

I can't wait to see them! In a side note of flouropolymer protectants, I tried Fusso Coat on a section of my car and it held all through winter. I think these companies are in to something.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vue to a kill View Post
    I can't wait to see them! In a side note of flouropolymer protectants, I tried Fusso Coat on a section of my car and it held all through winter. I think these companies are in to something.

Not the Porsche, but I got caught in the rain a few weeks back and before I put the car away, I actually thought to take photos....

12. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In relation to this post does anyone have an idea when Gliss will be sold on AG?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast