autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

A Pair of Morris Minors.

Howdy folks.

This pair of Morris Minors came into the shop for a touch of enhancement before being used as wedding cars. There was a third Morris Minor (A Woody Wagon) used but this one didn't require (truthfully it did) our services. All are owned by a local optician & although he only has seven now, he did have fourteen in his collection not too long ago. As you can tell in the before pictures, they obviously aren't stored in a dust free environment or driven all that much but I will say - they were real sweet runners. My objective was to clean them & give them some shine, so any serious defect chasing was out of the question but alot of love was given.

First one in the door was this 1961 sedan. I really like the shade of green on this one, it was very period fitting & although not the original paint, it was single stage & oxidized & I knew I was going to enjoy the day ahead. After a thorough waterless wash, decon etc, I settled on Meguiars M205 on Lake Country Orange Hybrids (White didn't have enough bite) & finished with CarPro Essence+.

Paint was nice & soft & four passes yielded the desired results & two passes with Essence+ raised the gloss level & sealed it in nicely. Interior was vacuumed, painted surfaces were wiped down with CarPro Reload, the vinyl was cleaned with a mild APC & all glass cleaned.

Right, pictures -

Before.

After.

Before.

After.

Before.

After.

Before.

After.

Before.

After.

Before.

After.

Before.

After.

And just some random beauty shots to finish off.

I was happy with the results, as was the owner & all concerned.

Right, on to the 1954 Cabriolet. Again, I was fond of the colour albeit not original & even fonder that yet again I was going to be working with single stage paint. This was about at my limit for carrying out a waterless wash & CarPro ECH20 didn't let me down. The hood was in good condition but really dirty. Some machine scrubbing with my trusty Aqua Cyclo Scrubbing Brush Attachment & vinyl cleaner & it came up a treat. The interior recieved the same treatment as the green sedan & glass etc cleaned & looking great.

Test spot revealed I was going to have to step up to a compound to get the results I was happy with & CarPro ClearCut proved itself to be the top gun on the day. Again Lake Country Orange Hybrids assisted us in the quest for shine. Same combination - Essence+ on CarPro Gloss Pads done the finishing work.

Onwards to the pictures -

Before.

After.

Before.

After.

Before.

After.

Before.

After.

Before.

After.

And again, some beauty shots. Stunning colour with a decent amont of shine to it.

There we have it folks. A pretty neat pair of Morris Minors given some refreshing love & attention. I thoroughly enjoyed working on these two, & always adore working with single stage paint. As always, thank you all for checking in, comments always welcome.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

2. Thanks gspam1 thanked for this post
    Likes VISITOR, AndyA6, DETAILROOKIE, BillE, JKDesign and 7 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A Pair of Morris Minors.

Holy gloss! Stunning work. I love how single stage paint shows huge differences for before and afters.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

4. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justin at Final Inspection View Post
    Holy gloss! Stunning work. I love how single stage paint shows huge differences for before and afters.
    Exactly what I was thinking!

Nice work Aaryn. The owners must have been ecstatic. Great pictures and documentation.

6. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Nice work Aaryn as is your norm.

Isn't restoring savable single stage paint fun? Those that have never had this opportunity don't know what they're missing out on.

As a kid growing up, I worked at a full service Mobil Gas Station. One of our regular customers would drive in a black Morris Minor with a wicked small block Chevy engine in it, a narrowed Ford 9" rearend and it was tubbed to house the big fatties in the back. Had a nice stance. Coolest Morris Minor I've ever seen.

Thanks for sharing the excellent before and after pictures!

New Zealand is lucky to have such a talented and passionate detailer to restore beauties like these to gems....

8. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jaw dropping results!!! I want that!

You are top notch!...

I hope to be as good as you! Grin...

Tom
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

10. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Those cars looks fantastic. Amazing save on the paint.

While both are noticeably better, the color of the red cab really demonstrated the difference made in restoring the paint.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

12. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Phenomenal results............ as expected from you
    Rick....now in North Texas

14. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

...Thanks to you, Aaryn,
    those Morris Minors are now
    “Mrris Majrs”!!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

16. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ, Paul A. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justin at Final Inspection View Post
    Thank you Justin.

Yeah definitely. I would love to have gone after the paint properly, they both had a heap of potential there to be really stunning but alas, business head has to draw that line. Appreciate it mate, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking!

Nice work Aaryn. The owners must have been ecstatic. Great pictures and documentation.
    Cheers LEDetailing.

Yeah for sure, the owner was super happy, I can only imagine what he would think if I could've spent some real time on these little beauties. Still, he has five more in the shed & I have a foot & a half in there already.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Nice work Aaryn as is your norm.

Isn't restoring savable single stage paint fun? Those that have never had this opportunity don't know what they're missing out on.

As a kid growing up, I worked at a full service Mobil Gas Station. One of our regular customers would drive in a black Morris Minor with a wicked small block Chevy engine in it, a narrowed Ford 9" rearend and it was tubbed to house the big fatties in the back. Had a nice stance. Coolest Morris Minor I've ever seen.

Thanks for sharing the excellent before and after pictures!

New Zealand is lucky to have such a talented and passionate detailer to restore beauties like these to gems....

Thank you Mike.

Yes! I love working with single stage paint, real paint. The feel of it, heck I think it even smells different when being worked. I agree completely, I look at it as a real privilege nowadays & sadly as you know Mike, each one we do = one less to be done. In the last nine days I have been very spoilt & have worked on four vehicles with single stage paint. Granted one was an early 2000s Toyota Prado, so not terribly exciting but it was single stage red . . . neglected at that.

The Morris Minor you describe sounds just like a Hotwheels car! Man I bet that thing could fly . . . scary as heck but pretty cool.

Thank you for the kind words my friend, much appreciated.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Ive always liked them Morris Minors. If I lived in N.Z. Id have to own one.

19. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast