autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Goodbye WRX, Hello Civic Si! New Daily Driver

Way cool!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice car and congrats. Tuning gets that extra drive experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful ride Nick! Glad you came back to the SI family��

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, great! Another Silly Import owner ...

Just kidding, truth be told *I* was looking at Si's before finding the Camaro, It was just really difficult to find one that hadn't been completely thrashed, painted flat black with a rattle can with over spray everywhere or incredibly high mileage. Actually I *did* find one an hour away from the house. I called the dealer, told them I was on the way .... and they sold it out from under me while I was enroute there

Power AND gas mileage not bad, nice color too.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post
    Haven’t seen the Type R in person, but based on photos I agree. Si looks much more reserved and not so “Fast and Furious” looking.
    I don't think it actually improves when you see them in person. I've seen two or three in my area and wasn't all that impressed.

I could *almost* consider one if they would delete the park bench mounted to the rear hatch and the dealers weren't asking silly amounts of mark-up on the MSRP.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I am not a big Honda fan, but I have been commenting recently that the fit and finish of the new Honda look really well and that is with people who are not OCD about detailing owning the vehicles. Enjoy your new vehicle and kudos for the tuning modification to increase hp/torque!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats!

So after the tune it should be 240-250 hp and 280ish tq? That should get that sucker moving, after fighting for traction that is.

What about the WRX did you get tired of, other than the paint?
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the kind words guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Nice Nick! Congrats! I like the new Civic's, Honda did a good job on them! And I see it's a 'proper' gearbox as well!
    If it's not a manual, I won't buy it!

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Nick, congrats on the new ride...and mods already! I'm sure some new rims are in the very VERY near future though, right?!

245 hp and an extra 80 ft/lbs...holy s%&t! The Tail of the Dragon offer is still extended to you and a buddy!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Thanks Roger. I should be right around 230-240 hp and 270-280 ft lbs of torque, at the wheels (give or take depending on the dyno). For a 2900 lb car, it scoots!

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Funny, same thing happened to me last June.

The black 2016 WRX was just kinda getting old...absolute hoot for 18 months, one of funnest cars I ever owned, but was getting tired of the somewhat 'raw' parts of daily driver use. Traded it on a black 2017 Accord V6 Coupe...much nicer overall transportation.

Sure don't miss all the nooks and crannies of the WRX bodywork though; was always a pain to blow all the water out of everywhere after washing.

Nice Si though; hopefully it wears better than the WRX...i like even our base Civic daily...nice package.
    Thanks for sharing that. My honeymoon with the WRX ended about 8 months ago. I was actually torn on what to replace it with. When I read all the glowing reviews on the new Si, I had to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicoupe View Post
    Beautiful ride Nick! Glad you came back to the SI family��
    Thanks Kyle, me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post
    Oh, great! Another Silly Import owner ...

Just kidding, truth be told *I* was looking at Si's before finding the Camaro, It was just really difficult to find one that hadn't been completely thrashed, painted flat black with a rattle can with over spray everywhere or incredibly high mileage. Actually I *did* find one an hour away from the house. I called the dealer, told them I was on the way .... and they sold it out from under me while I was enroute there

Power AND gas mileage not bad, nice color too.
    Mine had 9 miles on the odometer when I bought it. Hopefully those first 9 miles weren't rough ones!

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post
    Congrats!

So after the tune it should be 240-250 hp and 280ish tq? That should get that sucker moving, after fighting for traction that is.

What about the WRX did you get tired of, other than the paint?
    Yes, give or take.

WRX was a BLAST when driven at 10/10ths. Otherwise, it was too rough around the edges, jerky, lumpy power delivery (even with tune), my wife didn't feel comfortable driving it (heavy clutch, notchy shifter), the base stereo is GARBAGE, etc.

Much to my surprise, the new Si is 8/10ths as capable in the corners (should be 9/10 when I improve the tires), 8/10ths as fast with my new tune, and 1000x more comfortable to drive.

Right now I'm driving around in "normal" mode, so as not to fry my clutch. I ordered a Clutch Masters FX300 this week so I can drive in "sport mode" (more boost with my tune ).

9. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool! Adding parts to a brand new car, why not?! And here I am waiting for the end of my truck's warranty before I tune out AFM.

I was asking about the WRX because I figured that if I ever bought an import, a WRX fits my bill. I fell in love with them back in 03 when a friend got one of the first 04 STi's in the state. So much fun to drive, but not sure about commuting in.

Enjoy the Si. It looks awesome.
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick McKees37 View Post
    Thanks for sharing that. My honeymoon with the WRX ended about 8 months ago. I was actually torn on what to replace it with. When I read all the glowing reviews on the new Si, I had to have it.

WRX was a BLAST when driven at 10/10ths. Otherwise, it was too rough around the edges, jerky, lumpy power delivery (even with tune), my wife didn't feel comfortable driving it (heavy clutch, notchy shifter), the base stereo is GARBAGE, etc.
    Bingo...towards the end, my wife wouldn't even RIDE in the car. Went with the Accord because her 2016 Civic LX-P was such a great package, easy to drive, easy to live with. She saw a Si the other day and now wants to trade up...*sigh*

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast