autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

LSN Autodetailing - 2008 Nissan Maxima - Doing the right thing - long post

First off I'd like to thank Joe at Next Level Detailing for his amazing article "How To Discipline Your Self On All-In-One 1-Step Polishes and Maximize Your Profits/Time Efficiency" https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/mckee-s-37/109977-how-discipline-your-self-all-one-1-step-polishes-maximize-your-profits-time-efficiency.html
    We applied this technique to power through a very tough detail job.

Doing the right thing: My neighbor is a really good kid. He works hard and travels a lot all over the country for his own business, as an artist. Sadly due to an accident, he has been left paralyzed. Once a rising star as a basket ball player, he now plays on a wheel chair team. I love his enthusiasm and he sees no obstacles. His mother is wonderful, and she makes us green chili salsa.

His car is his life, and to outfit a vehicle with the special tools he needs, it can cost into the thousands of dollars on top of an already hefty price tag. Secondly because of the wheel chair, the vehicle takes a beating on the outside and inside. Sometimes the chair (as he self lifts himself from the chair to the drives seat) will cause loads of scratches in the door, back door and door jambs. Then there is the dirt and grease of the wheels which gets all over the interior. Sadly while we stress over a swirl or scratch, my neighbor is lucky to have his vehicle and get him around, never the less detail it.

While he is out of town, his mother saw me working on my cars and a clients Audi R8. I told her we detail, she said she'd love it if she could get her son's car done. I told her we'd take care of it for her, she asked how much and I repeated "We'll take care of it for you" More green chili salsa!

We only had one day to work on the vehicle while he was out of town (as it was a surprise), so while we always shoot for perfection, we had to know that wasn't going to happen here. On top of that, my new place doesn't have a 30amp plug for my extractor (no extractor!!!) and I only had Interior Gal for about 2 hours, so nearly the entire job was up to me. I had to use Joe's AIO technique because I knew the interior was going to be a bear. Total exterior took 3 hours, sadly the interior took another 5. Some of the leather was just too far gone. Years of dragging the wheel chair across it took it's toll. I did everything I could. I did the best I could with the time I had (to include the temperatures here in AZ). I blew through about 6 Gatorade's mixed with a case of water. My hands were cramping and I was dehydrated.

On the leather seats, I used the Tornador with 4:1 Pinnacle APC then went over them again with Pinnacle Leather Cleaner and various leather brushes and MF clothes. The Pinnacle Leather Cleaner worked like a champ! It dissolved stuff the Tornador couldn't do!!! But the clock was ticking.

Thank you for reading, now onto the details: 2008 Maxima - 100K+mileage

Tarminator / McKee's Bug Scrubber
    Griot's Heavy Duty Wheel Cleaner / Wheel Woolies / Daytona Speed Brush
    Iron-X
    Puretec Water Filtration System / 1BM / Chenille Wash Mitts / Megs Hyper Wash / AG Foam Gun
    Nano Skin Clay Mitt / Megs D114 as clay lube
    Rupes 15 MK II with LLC CCS Orange pads (4) and HD Speed - YES CCS Pads w/ a RUPES!!!! Worked amazingly well
    Lots of Pinnacle APC 10:1 & 4:1 / Tornador
    Pinnacle Leather Vinyl Cleaner / various scrub brushes
    McKee's Krystal Vision Glass Cleaner / Pinnacle Chrystal Vision Glass Cleaner w/ Water repellent
    Pinnacle Exhaust Tip Cleaner / LC Exhaust Tip scrubber
    BLACKFIRE AIO for tires and trim
    McKee's Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner with HF DA & Blue Aqua Carpet Brush
    Pinnacle Crystal Mist - Final Wipe Down

In the top left, you can see my Puretec Water Tanks in my garage

2. Likes VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: LSN Autodetailing - 2008 Nissan Maxima - Doing the right thing - long post

That's very nice of you. Great results. The karma will pay you back for doing nice things for people in need. LSN Autodetailing - 2008 Nissan Maxima - Doing the right thing - long post

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome man!

Post Thanks / Like

Phenomenal results! I have seen people pay a good amount for a "detail" and the finished product is nowhere near as good as that Maxima. The owner must've been stoked!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    That's very nice of you. Great results. The karma will pay you back for doing nice things for people in need. LSN Autodetailing - 2008 Nissan Maxima - Doing the right thing - long post
    Ditto...

People like you makes for a better world. Hats off for doing a good deed!

Tom
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

Post Thanks / Like

Nicely done
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice! What was the owner's reaction?
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    Very nice! What was the owner's reaction?
    Hey Marc, Mom's said "Is that my son's car?" She was shocked. Don't know... her son will be home sometime today. I'll keep everyone posted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TMQ View Post
    Ditto...

People like you makes for a better world. Hats off for doing a good deed!

Tom
    Thanks Tom.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    Phenomenal results! I have seen people pay a good amount for a "detail" and the finished product is nowhere near as good as that Maxima. The owner must've been stoked!
    Thanks SNP, Moms was thrilled, she's making us a green chili chicken casserole today. Her son will be home this evening. Hopefully he's ok with it... Sometimes folks like their stuff just the way it is... I'm hoping he likes it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast