autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Owner Assist. 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

I am so blessed to have this gentleman as my customer. This is the 3rd car I`ve done for him and he drives from 3 hours away to have me do his cars. What an honour indeed! This is his first Porsche and he`s extremely proud of it. He custom ordered it last March and here it is finally! He had the hood and front end wrapped, and the rest of the car was being done with Feynlab Self Heal Lite. There was also 2 sets of wheels to do; he brought down the winter set he`s got for them.

First up was the winter wheels. They were brand new in the bag, so they didn`t need any type of cleaning, which was good because we were going to have a very long day. I say we, because he stays with me when I`m working on the car and wants to help any way he can. I put him to good use and it helped cut the overall time down significantly. Even with his help we took 12 hours!! The only thing is it kinda felt weird not having my tunes on in the background.

Here is one brand new winter wheel:

The barrels and faces were shot with Eraser and the barrels were coated with DLux while the faces got Feynlab Wheel and Ceramic.

The DLux treated area gets blasted with compressed air to flash cure them.

The Feynlab-coated faces gets flashed cured too, although I do lightly wipe them down.

Here is the car as it arrived. Other than the usual abuse from a 3 hour drive, it looked magnificent!

After the winter wheels were put back away in the back, it was time to wash the car. The wheels got done first with the barrels and faces being shot with Zep Citrus and then cleaned with a Daytona brush (or wash mitt) using 3D Pink soap. The calipers were also shot with Zep and cleaned with a small brush. The tires were cleaned with Zep 505 and the wells were shot with LATA and rinsed. Here I am, obviously very well equipped:

It was foamed with DG 901 prior to being washed with 3D Pink soap:

Next was the other set of wheels. We pulled each one, one at a time and the barrels were cleaned with Eraser as well as the face also got an Eraser pre-coating cleaning. Like the winter wheels, the barrels were coated with DLux and the faces as well as the calipers were coated with Feynlab Wheel & Caliper. The tire was dressed with Opti Bond. This I was doing alone, just like the other wheels.

Once the wheels were re-installed, they were torqued to spec. Since he had the front wrapped, he was concerned that if I polished the paint, there would be an even more obvious difference in gloss between the painted and the PPF surface. I didn`t think we had enough time to polish and then coat so I was relieved to hear him say that. Otherwise it would have been a very late night for me and a brutally long day for him.

I first coated everything other than PPF that was not going to have Heal Lite applied to, like the side and rear glass. The side window panels, roof and rear tail lights were coated with Ceramic. The PPF was going to receive Ceramic Lite. This is where he really came through for me. I taught him how to apply the CL to the PPF (which can be tricky as it cures much, much faster) and he did that whole section. That freed me up to the Self Heal Lite on the rest of the car. I followed it up with Top Coat for the most part. However, we were running out of time, so for basically half the car (the part I was doing), was going to have a different topper on the SHL. The Top Coat was being picky going on top of the SHL, so I tried it with Ceramic Lite and it went much easier, so again I had him do CL to top the SHL areas. Parts of the car were baked with an IR lamp. I took shots that night and he has emailed me some at his place in the sunshine. Enjoy both please.

Thanks for looking!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Owner Assist. 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Nice work and write-up as usual Richy!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

That Porsche looks perfect buddy!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice one Richy!

I do like the Macan, they're a sexy little beast of an SUV & this one, this one is in a fantastic colour indeed. Wow! You sure filled in some hours on this Richy. Thats a fair amount of work to achieve in twelve hours too.

Look at those pictures! Talk about GLOSS!!! Love the shots in your garage, & the one looking at the tailgate, Wow!

Awesome workmanship as per usual Richy, fantastic write up mate - thank you for sharing.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Talk about thorough!! 12 hours on a brand new car with a helper? WOW! The results are spectacular so it was obviously worth it.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like

Outstanding! That's why someone drives 3 hours for your services!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankS View Post
    Nice work and write-up as usual Richy!
    Thanks very much Frank! I appreciate you taking the time to comment.

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    Thank you Sir!

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    That Porsche looks perfect buddy!
    Thanks so much Don! It was a gorgeous vehicle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post
    Nice one Richy!

I do like the Macan, they're a sexy little beast of an SUV & this one, this one is in a fantastic colour indeed. Wow! You sure filled in some hours on this Richy. Thats a fair amount of work to achieve in twelve hours too.

Look at those pictures! Talk about GLOSS!!! Love the shots in your garage, & the one looking at the tailgate, Wow!

Awesome workmanship as per usual Richy, fantastic write up mate - thank you for sharing.

Aaryn NZ.
    Thanks kindly Aaryn! I was happy to have the help to try to get all that done in just one day!

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    Talk about thorough!! 12 hours on a brand new car with a helper? WOW! The results are spectacular so it was obviously worth it.
    Thanks Rick. If you counted the hours, it was probably 15 man hours or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post
    Outstanding! That's why someone drives 3 hours for your services!
    Thanks kindly Paul! I try to make them happy they went through the effort.

Post Thanks / Like

Incredible job as always my friend!

Kyle

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sicoupe View Post
    Incredible job as always my friend!

Kyle
    Thanks very much Kyle. I always appreciate you taking the time to comment my friend. God Bless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast