autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brand New 2017 Championship White Civic Type R Walk-Around Findings

I have a white RS I took delivery on in February. I asked the dealer not to prep it but they said they have pretty good detailers and understood swirls, etc. They said it is policy to detail every car. They actually delivered it without any visible serious flaws so I think I was fortunate.

Are you planning on washing and detailing this car on a regular basis? If so, I recommend you just go old school, low-tech and stick to old-fashioned LSP and avoid any coating. If you're not going to be spending time washing it weekly then a coating might be fine for you.

I used clay and polish with polishing pad to clean up the car after bringing it home. I then used WDGPS and topped it with Fuzion and use Fuzion spray wax weekly as a drying agent when washing the car.

Are you planning any mods for your car? I got almost 400HP at the wheels now so far with my RS and almost 440HP at the crank (est). I'm not going to do any radical mods until I get deeper into the warranty. I only have 800 miles in 7 months of ownership.

Congratulations on your car. I was seriously considering one but I did not want to wait and I knew the scarcity and markup was going to make it too expensive on the west coast. I opted to wait 3 months for mine to show up.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations. Very nice! It's going to be a lot of fun!!

If you're open to suggestions Getechniq CSL/EXOv3 would be incredible on that white paint.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

This car is going to be a weekend warrior, if that at times. So, mainly garage queen for now... lol. I've been trying for this car since the launch date was reviewed or maybe before that. Like lots of people, I called around for at least 4 months to at least 50+ dealers across the nation trying to get msrp. At the end, I settled for 5k adm and I picked it up in oregon. I jus got my ca registration last week. R u from SoCal?
    I'm planning to keep this car immaculate, so yea, I'll probably detail it every weekend. It'll be under a car cover garaged during the week.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'm leaning towards Wolfgang sealant as well.
    Im not planning to make any big mods, ever. But that's what I say now. Ha! I hate going thru smog, so if anything I'll just do suspension stuff. I will do wheels for sure, since I have no meat with these dubs. I'm hearing their extremely easy to bend with potholes.
    Your RS sounds monstrous! Most people r dynoing at 280-290 to the wheels on the R. Mine has 650 miles on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TiredOfPaintStains View Post
    This car is going to be a weekend warrior, if that at times. So, mainly garage queen for now... lol. I've been trying for this car since the launch date was reviewed or maybe before that. Like lots of people, I called around for at least 4 months to at least 50+ dealers across the nation trying to get msrp. At the end, I settled for 5k adm and I picked it up in oregon. I jus got my ca registration last week. R u from SoCal?
    I'm planning to keep this car immaculate, so yea, I'll probably detail it every weekend. It'll be under a car cover garaged during the week.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'm leaning towards Wolfgang sealant as well.
    Im not planning to make any big mods, ever. But that's what I say now. Ha! I hate going thru smog, so if anything I'll just do suspension stuff. I will do wheels for sure, since I have no meat with these dubs. I'm hearing their extremely easy to bend with potholes.
    Your RS sounds monstrous! Most people r dynoing at 280-290 to the wheels on the R. Mine has 650 miles on it.
    5k is pretty good. You really worked hard. I did a little calling around and gave up. The RS was going for 2k over but I waited and got it for msrp. A queue spot opened when a cancellation happened and I answered the phone and got in the queue at Morgan Hill. I'm in NorCal on the north peninsula. I also plan to keep this car pristine.

I love the way the R downshifts. I wish my RS had that. Now I heel/toe it for the same effect. I wish the computer did it for me. You got a nice, rare beauty. Mine is also white which is so easy to maintain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12