autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

My F150 after the weekend.

This is my new F-150 XLT Special Edition. Custom ordered with everything I could ever want. I picked it up the end of June and have only been doing a two bucket wash as I needed a good long weekend and agreeing weather to really get into it. I can put it in my garage but that's about it I need to work on it outside.

So really had a good weekend weather wise.

Friday Night - Glass Treatment all windows including sunroof.
    Clean and Polish and clean again then applied
    Pinnacle GlassCoat Window Sealant with Rain Repellent

Saturday - The First coat
    Wash and claybar entire vehicle. I did ignore the plastic trim under the truck as I need to come back to do that.
    Pinnacle Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish - The truck is brand new, there are no swirls or scratches or anything this is just a mild polish to clean the surface.
    1st coat Pinnacle Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish - Why I am not doing any trim work as to get nothing on the coating as it needs a 12 hour cure time.
    Pull into garage and leave it sit overnight.

Sunday - Second coat.
    Quick wipe off with microfiber towel to get any dust that may have settled. Boy is this thing slick.
    2st coat Pinnacle Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish
    Pictures taken before going back into garage.

Throughout the week, I need to clean and treat the tonneau cover and then clean and treat all the black plastic with Wolfgangs trim sealant. Need to address the tires as well rim sealant and black the tires..

However this is the results so far.

Up in the bed removing second coat from the roof, just look at the shine.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My F150 after the weekend.

Wow! Beautiful. I LOVE the color too!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great man.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats,

I really like the gray grill/graphics and red paint. Very sporty looking. Those wheels look like they belong on a sports car (I like them!) I wouldn't be want to take that truck on a gravel road, let alone going off road. Way too nice looking.

I see you got the ecoboost. 2.7 or 3.5? I was impressed with my FIL's 2.7 ecoboost in his f150. Drove so smooth and had great acceleration.

That PBL looks great too. Did you get the bedliner sprayed?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post
    Wow! Beautiful. I LOVE the color too!
    Thanks, that's the Metalic Ruby Red. Kind of a rare color in full sun it blazes like a ruby, in the shade it darkens down

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer77 View Post
    Looks great man.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post
    Congrats,

I really like the gray grill/graphics and red paint. Very sporty looking. Those wheels look like they belong on a sports car (I like them!) I wouldn't be want to take that truck on a gravel road, let alone going off road. Way too nice looking.

I see you got the ecoboost. 2.7 or 3.5? I was impressed with my FIL's 2.7 ecoboost in his f150. Drove so smooth and had great acceleration.

That PBL looks great too. Did you get the bedliner sprayed?
    Mine is the 3.5 Ecoboost, 6 cylinder twin turbo and the 10 speed, I tow a lot and that had the most towing capacity. This tows 16000 lbs. My older F150 was a 305 V8 this town my 8000lb rv like there is nothing back there and I get the same gas mileage towing as what my old truck got normal driving. I do admit I was skeptical so i took several for test drives. You would never know it doesn't have a V8 in there.

Actually LOL it is built for off road as I have the off road package as well.

Then yes the bedliner is sprayed it but I had it done by Line X after market. There was a lot of reports the spray in from factory wasn't that good so I decided to just do it after plus Line X offers it with UV protection built in.
    This is not a detail pic but the day I got home from having the bed liner in.

Then another shot, the interior of the special editions match the exterior. Even the seat belts, this is the day I picked it it up from the dealer. I have since replaced the floor mats with weather tech

Post Thanks / Like

Love that color.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Looks nice, but all I see when I look at it is the average $560 a month for 84 months loan that people take out for new vehicles and cringe. I'm glad you like it tho man! Keep it nice
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    Looks nice, but all I see when I look at it is the average $560 a month for 84 months loan that people take out for new vehicles and cringe. I'm glad you like it tho man! Keep it nice
    LOL, yeah some people do that. I actually worked up to this smaller vehicles constantly upgrading but never buying more than I could afford. My last one was something from the dealer lot that met my needs. I finally reached the point I could afford to buy exactly what I wanted.

First I had lots of equity as my last F150 was paid off the trade in value is 50% the price of a new one. Plus I work for the auto industry so big discount. Throw in 0% interest and other incentives and my payments are just under $300 a month 60 month.

This one though I may break my rule of trade in after pay off and keep it around a while. I really like it. We will see though as time goes on but first time I got something I ordered exactly how I wanted.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a sucker for ruby red since my focus was and I do miss the color at times. I got a shadow black escape this may. That 3.5 eb should keep you plenty happy. The first gen engine is a beast in the explorer sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Friggin sweet brother, love me some 150's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast