autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Porsche 911 one step

Some pictures from my job today. A single step correction on this dark blue Porsche 911. The roof had some pretty bad scratches and the owner decided to have me 2-step the roof. The hood was also replaced a couple years ago and it quickly became obvious that the paint used on the hood was much softer than the rest of the car. Hence the variation to the whole process outlined below.

The hood was intentionally left unprotected when I was finished because the owner decided to get the hood wrapped the next day. Decided it was best to just leave it unsealed to make the wrap installation easier.

The front bumper and half the fenders were also wrapped. These were masked off and left alone for the most part. There was also some wrap in front of each rear wheel that was masked off.

Products/tools used
    Wheels and Tires: Tuf Shine tire cleaner, Griots HD wheel cleaner, Poorboys spray and rinse (some spots in the barrels were pretty bad), Tuf Shine brush, wheel woolies
    Wash n Decon: Pre spray with PB Iron Remover, Poorboys super slick n suds, Micro-chenille wash mitt and cobra clay mitt (wash soap as lube). Dried with big blue MF towels and DP Turbo Car Dryer

Correction
    Rupes 21
    Flex PE-8
    M101 w/ Megs MF cutting disc on Rupes 21 (roof only)
    Rupes Keramik Gloss Fine Gel Polish w/ Buff n Shine Uro-Tec yellow pads on Rupes 21 (roof and hood)
    Rupes Quarz Gloss Medium Gel Compound w/ Buff n Shine Uro-Tec Maroon pads on Rupes 21 (majority of the car)
    M101 w/ Griots 4" cutting pad on Flex PE-8 (small areas on rear of car)
    3D AAT 502 w/ Griots 4" finishing pad on Flex PE-8 (finishing for rear of car)

LSPs
    FK1000p
    Poorboys Trim Restorer
    CarPro PERL on tires 1:1
    Gyeon Wet Coat on wheels

Since I hear photobucket is doing away with being able to embed images, I figured id just attach them here. Sucks I lose quality but it is what it is until I find something else to host.

Griots HD doing its thing. Wheel sealed at this point
    Porsche 911 one step-dsc_0006-jpgPorsche 911 one step-dsc_0009-jpgPorsche 911 one step-dsc_0011-jpg

Test spot on hood and another Before/After. Hood was replaced 2 years ago due to damage and this paint was soft and corrected easily
    Porsche 911 one step-dsc_0019-jpgPorsche 911 one step-dsc_0021-jpgPorsche 911 one step-dsc_0027-jpgPorsche 911 one step-dsc_0031-jpg

Roof was in rough shape. Lots of RIDS. 2-step was done here to correct as much as possible
    Porsche 911 one step-dsc_0040-jpgPorsche 911 one step-dsc_0041-jpg

Couple misc. before/afters
    Porsche 911 one step-dsc_0053-jpgPorsche 911 one step-dsc_0054-jpgPorsche 911 one step-dsc_0069-jpgPorsche 911 one step-dsc_0072-jpg

Finished job! Storms were rolling thru as I was working and this was the most sunlight we had seen all day
    Porsche 911 one step-dsc_0081-jpgPorsche 911 one step-dsc_0082-jpgPorsche 911 one step-dsc_0083-jpgPorsche 911 one step-dsc_0084-jpgPorsche 911 one step-dsc_0085-jpgPorsche 911 one step-dsc_0086-jpg

Thanks for looking!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Porsche 911 one step

Looks Awesome Shane!

Post Thanks / Like

My FAV car in my FAV color combo! Well done!
    ScottH

Post Thanks / Like

Nicely done. You really brought those wheels back nicely without even removing.
    Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work! Results say it all!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

One step is best step.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Audios S6 View Post
    Nicely done. You really brought those wheels back nicely without even removing.
    Thanks! Luckily the spokes were small enough to allow me to reach pretty much the whole wheel. Took me about 1.5-2 hours to get them clean. I'll post a before photo of the wheels next time I have a chance. The griots HD cleaned up the spokes great, but the barrels needed spray and rinse even after a round of griots HD with a good 5-10 minutes of dwell time.

Thanks for the replies!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneB View Post
    Thanks! Luckily the spokes were small enough to allow me to reach pretty much the whole wheel. Took me about 1.5-2 hours to get them clean. I'll post a before photo of the wheels next time I have a chance. The griots HD cleaned up the spokes great, but the barrels needed spray and rinse even after a round of griots HD with a good 5-10 minutes of dwell time.

Thanks for the replies!
    The spoke size was my first though! I thought to myself "you lucky Ba$tard!!" haha! Great job man!!
    17 Tucson | 2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium PP | 89 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10

@TheRealPolisher on FaceBook | @green2kgt on IG