autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Collaboration Detail The Gloss Factory Car Care From Instagram Paint Correction Cquartz: Lexus CT200 Hybrid

Hope everyone had a great father day! I know I did, I wanted to share a car that was coated with cquartz:

The vehicle I worked on is a personal daily driver vehicle was not taken care of very well the roof had severe etchings as it is super soft and the rest of the paint had the normal swirls from improper wash/dry processes from automatic washes. The color is Ultra White with metallic flakes, I wanted to coat the car as it is a daily driver however I did not want to lock in all the defects from the neglect it received in the past year.:

Products and process used:

Tires/Fender Wells: Meguiars super degreaser strongest dilution ratio 4:1,
    Wheels: Meguiars Wheel Brightener strongest dilution ratio 4:1, costco microfibers
    Foam: Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss, Venus Portable Snow Foamer
    Wash Mitt: Adam's Synthethic Sheepskin wash mitt (used 3 mitts for the whole car starting top to bottom)
    Dry: The Rag Company Pluffle Drying Towel
    Decontamination: Gtechniq w6 iron and fallout remover, meguiars professional clay bar, final inspection
    Paint Correction: Griots Fast Correcting Cream/Correcting Cream/Perfecting Cream
    Protection For Paint, black trim, emblems, taillights, basically everything that could be coated:Carpro Cquartz UK Edition 2 coats followed by Carpro Reload (new version)
    Glass: Meguiars Glass Cleaner followed by Carpro Reload
    Dressings: MEguiars Hyper Dressing diluted 4:1, for f/r Fender liners/front grill, Solution Finish for window trims, windshield trim, side mirror fin, f/r windshield wipers
    Interior cleaned with meguiars all purpose cleaner and mats dressed with trim shine, interior fabric dressed with scotchgard
    Engine: onr, Meguiars Xpress Spray Wax,
    Water: local coin-op car wash
    Inspection Lights: Scangrip color grip set
    Polisher: Griots g21 mf pads for the whole car except the roof where lake country orange pads was used, followed by lake country white pad with rupes 21
    Pads: various lake country, griots mf pads 6", 3"

We started with a thorough pre-rinse at a local car wash as the location I was at was a water restricted location, I wanted to be able to high pressure rinse the car to reach cracks and crevices as well as use citrus soap and iron remover, we used super degreser on tires fender liners, and meguiars wheel brightener on the wheels first and high pressure rinsed the chemicals off. Both performed very well, then we rinsed the car and moved onto the iron remover was sprayed onto the vehicle and it was working immediately after that we went ahead and rinsed the car another time to remove all of the chemical. Once the car was re-rinsed, I used the Venus snow foamers to foam the entire car, the snow foam only has enough pump to foam one panel so in order to move at a steady pace you will need to keep pumping. Once the car was foamed with chemical guys citrus wash n gloss, we used 3 sheep skin wash mitts then final rinsed down the car, lastly we used the spot free rinse and dried the car with pluffle drying towel and final inspection. We brought the car back to the location and thoroughly clayed the car, one thing I Noticed was the iron remover does not pick up everything however makes the claying process much simpler.

After the car was deconed I gave my friend Pablo at The Gloss Factory Car Care a call as I could not takle the paint correction process alone in one day and I was on a time scale where the car had to be done, and being me wanting to remove all of the defects, Pablo has been a great asset throughout this detail. He came right over with the rupes and griots g21. We tested few spots on the paint, perfecting, correcting, and decided to use griots mf pads with fcc on the whole car except the roof where it was super soft, we used correcting cream with orange pad. While I was fine with this process for the whole car, Pablo and I decided to was best to perfect the car with griots perfecting cream with rupes on white pad, Pablo is pictured perfecting the whole car with the final stages with perfecting cream. The car came out great, it was hard to capture the swirls but it was there and the added gloss and shine was immediately evident upon correcting. This was the first time I worked with someone however it worked well because after the correction we brought it outside in the sun and while the lights revealed a lot more, the sun shines perfectly we had 4 eyes working so that was much better. The rupes 21 was being used while Pablo used the 3" and it was great as we got to inspect one another's work and move forward.

Once the car was corrected, we used carpro cquartz uk, with 2 light coats the car was looking good. The car was then followed up with reload an hour later. The wheels, headlights, taillights were coated as well to prevent premature failure, it was working on my car so why not take a few moments to add a layer of protection to another car, don't forget the upper layer of the headlight as the top portion of this headlight will be revealed by opening the hood. Front grill, emblems, pretty much everything we can coat was coated for long lasting protection. Interior jams were reloaded. Engine bay was waxed with xpress spray wax. Interior was cleaned with all purpose cleaner and dressed with scotchgard. Im not a fan of all weather mats however these weather tech mats needed to be restored with trim shine, just be sure to wipe down the excess to minimize slipping while entering/exiting vehicle. Trims were dressed with solution finish, the fender liners and tires were dressed with hyper dressing. Dealing with quite a few white cars its hard to capture good reflections, however once all the little details have been dialed in, the car certainly pops and is differentiated from anything else being driven on the road.

All in all its very hard to tell a correction on white cars however the added gloss was definitely noticeable and definitely worth it for this metallic flaked white car. I tried to capture the best I could.

Im pretty sure I forgot to include some processes, however these should cover a vast majority of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Collaboration Detail The Gloss Factory Car Care From Instagram Paint Correction Cquartz: Lexus CT200 Hybrid

Looking good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Collaboration Detail The Gloss Factory Car Care From Instagram Paint Correction Cquartz: Lexus CT200 Hybrid

Outstanding job!

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful work !!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice work, write up and pictures! I enjoyed this!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Gentlemen, good work definitely takes time! More to come!