autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1st Use - Pinnacle Souveran

OK, here's the story:

A few days ago, I was GIFTED an 8 oz jar of Pinnacle Souveran. Yes, that's right, gifted. By another awesome member of this awesome forum. Needless to say I was stunned, a $100 gift from a person who just wanted me to have fun waxing and enjoying my car and really doesn't know me at all.

I know they are reading this thread and although I said it in a PM, I have no words to thank you for your kindness

Having heard all the hoopla about it, I wasted no time in giving the car a quick wash and setting out to give it a coat of the paste wax.

The smell isn't all flowery, but it's definitely NOT unpleasant & I gave the can a few healthy sniffs after opening the lid. It seems to be slightly oily, but very hard - not something you can accidentally over apply to your applicator, which in my case was a microfiber covered foam pad. I did have some difficulty applying it at first, but as soon as I figured how to get the pad fully primed, application was awesome after that. The directions said to do one panel at a time, then remove, so that's what I did ... half the roof, half the hood, 1 fender, one door etc. As far as removal, this comes off so easy, if it weren't for the slickness left behind, you'd swear that nothing was left behind and you have to be careful not to miss a spot since this stuff goes on so thin and clear .... it's hard to see even on a black car (BTW, I DID miss a few spots removing the Souveran) ... I just couldn't see them until I looked over the car at different light angles & perspectives.

Even though longevity isn't this wax's strong point, it's so easy to use, I can see me reapplying it frequently just to maintain "THAT LOOK." And with as little wax as it takes to coat a Camaro, this can will last me a long time.

For me I consider this a luxury wax, it's not something I could afford to buy for myself, so receiving it as a gift makes it that much more special.

Thanks again.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post
    As far as removal, this comes off so easy, if it weren't for the slickness left behind, you'd swear that nothing was left behind and you have to be careful not to miss a spot since this stuff goes on so thin and clear .... it's hard to see even on a black car
    Does it darken the paint or have a significant look afterwards? Would it show on a 50/50 shot if someone were to take photos of it?

Privide us longevity updates if you have the time in the upcoming weeks.. But only if you have the time.. Thx for posting. And very nice of the person who gifted it to you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Does it darken the paint or have a significant look afterwards? Would it show on a 50/50 shot if someone were to take photos of it?

Privide us longevity updates if you have the time in the upcoming weeks.. But only if you have the time.. Thx for posting. And very nice of the person who gifted it to you.
    I don't know about darkening the paint ... MAYBE on a car that has some slight marring, you could tell in a 50/50 shot, but at least on my car, there wasn't that much of a difference ... until I had the whole car waxed and buffed. THEN the depth and reflections really popped. The pic of my trunk lid showed it best ... that's what the whole car looked like.

As for longevity, the Souveran is a topper to a few coats of Meguiar's Fast Finish and I will be using D115 as a drying aid, so that MAY enhance the longevity a bit. We shall see.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

I love the results on my black BMW. I also love the smell. It smells like SHINY!

Post Thanks / Like

For what it's worth, the car accumulated a lot of dust/pollen in the few days since I applied the Souveran. Last night it got rained on and on the drive to work on the highway it rained some more, but then quit, so the car actually dried itself off and when I finally got to work, the dust/pollen was all but gone and the car (from a few feet) looks like the Souveran was freshly applied.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Well that was a stand up move by another forum member!!! A great wax for sure! Great reflection in those pics! Well done...
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Looks really sharp, awesome work. Makes for an even better cruise now!

Post Thanks / Like

Souveran VS Dust/Pollen & Rain:

I took a few pics after I got home from work to show the beading and dirt shedding properties. I think the hood didn't bead as well as the res of the car because I was still trying to get the pad properly primed and I don't think I cot a complete coat on there.

It started lightly sprinkling again while I was taking the pics:

Hood

Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful beads, Don!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post
    For what it's worth, the car accumulated a lot of dust/pollen in the few days since I applied the Souveran. Last night it got rained on and on the drive to work on the highway it rained some more, but then quit, so the car actually dried itself off and when I finally got to work, the dust/pollen was all but gone and the car (from a few feet) looks like the Souveran was freshly applied.
    Dust and pollen attraction are one of the downsides to carnauba wax. Hybrid waxes of carnauba and sythentic polymers a little less so, and even less with sealants.

ScottH

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12