autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

New Car Detailed Using Optimum No Rinse and Gloss Coat - Honda Civic Sport Touring

The vehicle I worked on was a brand new Honda Civic Sport Touring Model and pearl white. The car was fresh off the boat still in wrappers and ready to be prepped for a coating. This seemed like a challenge as the area I was working does have water restrictions, but we were able to succeed and push through with Optimums No Rinse solution and prep this new vehicle for long term.

Products and process used:

Tires/Fender Wells: Yellow microfibers, Meguiars Super Degreaser
    Wheels: Optimum No Rinse clay dilution
    Wash: Various 15-20 yellow microfiber dipped in ONR solution with distilled water
    Dry: High Plush Microfiber spritzed with ONR
    Decontamination: Meguiars clay (blue), Meguiars Final Inspection
    Protection: Optimum Gloss Coat (New Version), and Optiseal
    Glass: Alcohol/Distilled Water wipe down followed by Optiseal
    Dressings: MEguiars Hyper Dressing diluted 4:1 for tires, Gloss Coat on plastic trim, black applicator pad
    Interior cleaned with meguiars quick interior detailer and mats dressed with Scotchguard, vacuumed with vac n blo with Hepa filter, optisealed all door jams, cracks/crevices and trunk
    Engine: Optimum No rinse (clay dilution followed by optiseal).
    Water: 5 Gallons of Walmart Distilled Water
    Inspection Lights: Scangrip, and iview

I started with a thorough inspection of the car, the car was still brand new and had wrappers. Before the owner purchased the vehicle I did let them know that it was extremely important for the dealer to not touch the vehicle. Although the car was new, and shipped directly it still had quite a bit of contamination. I used ONR as the solution and distilled water with various yellow microfibers soaked in the solution. We only had a trigger sprayer however we generously spritzed each panel by panel and began a thorough wash. Once each panel was completed it was dried with a high plush microfiber spritzed with ONR solution. The same was accomplished for the wheels and tires. Once the car was thoroughly washed, we began a very gently decon process using meguiars clay and final inspection as the lubrication, generous amounts of lube was used and very light pressure was used to pick up quite a bit of contaminants on this brand new car. Once the car was deconed, I had a leftover bottle of Eraser, we wiped the car down with this and a high plush microfiber towel. Once we felt the car was in good shape for the coating, we opted for the gloss coat. One thing I can say about this product is that a little does go a long way. We started coating the wheels, plastic trim, exhaust, headlights/taillights, and basically anything that we could coat. This product was very user friendly as we had very limited space to work with at the shop.

Few things to note: we cleaned the engine bay with onr and sealed with optiseal. We also optisealed all the door jams, trunk and glass. An isophy alcohol wipe down was used on the glass and optisealed. Gloss coat high spots wipe off very easily. Again this coating is super easy to use and it is super slick and glossy, other coatings tended to be tacky, but this one was not. Note if you plan to use the same applicator to coat the wheels muffler, be sure to do that at the end of the cycle so that you cross contaminate the pad.

The car came to us swirl free, and left swirl free as we wanted it to be. There were few random scratches I did let the owner know about, but they had trouble seeing them and felt that polishing was necessary as they did not request it. They were very happy with the results.

Hope you guys enjoy!

Thanks for watching, hope you enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Car Detailed Using Optimum No Rinse and Gloss Coat - Honda Civic Sport Touring

How much Gloss-coat did you use?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Car Detailed Using Optimum No Rinse and Gloss Coat - Honda Civic Sport Touring

Quote Originally Posted by wing commander View Post
    How much Gloss-coat did you use?
    I used around 12-13cc only because we did the whole car and pretty much every panels other than the windows.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks sweet!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sicoupe View Post
    Looks sweet!
    Thanks, I was surprised Honda definitely upped their game with these new models, styling, turbo motors, sweet interior, and a sound system you can actually enjoy!

Cant wait for the new type r's.