autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

MB C63 AMG saved from the dealership @KS Detailing, Long Island, NY

A little backstory, my old car club buddy whom I haven't seen in nearly 10 years contacted me about his new car. He bought a Mercedes C63 AMG. Not the most expensive car but not inexpensive either, he still expected to get quality. He bought it from a high end dealership here in NY and assumed they would take care of his car right. His assumption was wrong. After taking delivery of the car he knew the paint shouldn't look that way. After seeing my posts on Facebook, he contacted me to take a look at the car. Although they jacked up his car, it did lead to re connecting with an old friend!

He told me the car was at the dealership as he was trying to sort out the issue. I told him we could go together and take a look so we had an idea what we were up against. As we went down stairs into their underground garage we caught two workers red handed going at it with out a care with a rotary. We quickly stopped then and took the car right then and there. After sitting down and talking with the manager they downplayed their negligence. They just acted like paint was paint and it was shiny so who cares. He is taking action since my buddy went from what could have been just a new car prep to an intensive 3 day paint correction that he covered out of pocket.

Once we got it to the shop we prepped the car for an intensive paint correction. Here is the before condition of the paint. I honestly can't believe they passed this off as acceptable. If they just watched a YouTube video and got their detailer a porter cable, he would atleast not put in all these holograms!

Time to get the Benz under the correction lights.

After accessing the condition of the paint they left holograms, swirls, some rids and micro marring/haze. It's ok cause luckily I can fix it!

Process:

-Rinseless wash
    -Clay
    -Taped
    -GG fast correcting megs mf pads via Rupes 15 mark 2
    -GG fast correcting via mf pads Rupes mini
    -Rupes nano 1" mf pad
    -roof and black plastic menzerna 2500 via mf pad
    -carpro essence via gloss pad
    -Eraser wipedown
    -coated with carpro CQuartz Professional
    -IR cured

I took paint thickness readings just to be sure, it had been touched by someone else remember. Paint was still healthy, guess they just glazed it up.

Here are some pics after my cutting step, notice how nicely it finishes down. This is flat jet black paint too. I have perfected my technique that I rarely get haze anymore.

After my cutting step I polished with carpro essence is preparation for the coating. Before I polished I made sure the correction looked great in the sun. Remember the sun does not lie!

Time to coat, carpro now offers CQuartz Professional. It's an upgrade from the previous Finest formula. It's so easy to work with and the gloss is amazing.

After two layers were applied, we baked the CQuartz Pro under IR curing lamps

Here's 2 pics right after and some more the next day when we pulled it outside

Next day we took it out for a shoot

My buddy was thrilled and blown away. His new car is now better than new. I'm really happy that I got the opportunity to show him the level of detailing we expect. This is the way black paint should look, flawless.

Thanks for reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    www.ksdetailing.com
    Connect with us on Facebook & Instagram @ksdetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MB C63 AMG saved from the dealership @KS Detailing, Long Island, NY

Nice save. I'm impressed that you got that nice of a finish with a MF pad. Now you just have to have your buddy maintain it correctly.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely gorgeous! Did you take the car back to the offending dealership to educate them on how a car should look? And perhaps even offer to train their staff on how to avoid causing such damage? For a small fee, of course...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Nice save. I'm impressed that you got that nice of a finish with a MF pad. Now you just have to have your buddy maintain it correctly.
    Many years of perfecting my technique. We set up a maintenance program to do a wash bi weekly.
    www.ksdetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Photomask View Post
    Absolutely gorgeous! Did you take the car back to the offending dealership to educate them on how a car should look? And perhaps even offer to train their staff on how to avoid causing such damage? For a small fee, of course...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Autogeekonline mobile app
    He is taking actions up with the dealership, he is trying to get them to pay for the repair. Whether he will get it or not is the question but after delivering him the car he felt it was worth it even if he doesnt. Ive seen their operation, very large dealership. Im not going to tell them how to run their business but they will see the documentation I took and hope the issue is resolved. Im just happy I could help out my buddy cause he was so tired of seeing it this way in the sun. Btw it took a few weeks to get the car after he took it home from the dealership that day because of my scheduling so he said he just stopped looking at it.
    www.ksdetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Great work! Nice car...it now looks as it should and deserves that AMG badging now! Very nice...
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work Kevin! Nice turn around on that one, and I am sure your friend was more then thrilled with the results.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome car and awesome recovery.. congrats to you both!

Post Thanks / Like

Looking deeeeep!

Where did you buy the cquartz professional?

Post Thanks / Like

Great save! Had my truck at the dealership a few days ago. While there I saw there sub contracted detailer going to town on a new black Escalade with a rotary. I just shook my head lol.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast