autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DetailedByPrecision: 2016 Golf R New Car Prep & Protection Service. Owner is a detailing enthusiast. San Francisco Auto Detailing

Beautiful results!

Great job on the trim pieces, they came out like-new!

he also wanted to know my opinion about controversial topics within the detailing industry
    Longevity of coating and/or effectiveness of rinseless? lol

BTW, have you had the chance to sample Sonax Perfect Finish? Solid product. I really like it for trim/pillar covers. Newer imports are full of these sensitive plastic accents.

Super Member DetailedByPrecision's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DetailedByPrecision: 2016 Golf R New Car Prep & Protection Service. Owner is a detailing enthusiast. San Francisco Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by atgonzales View Post
    Nicely done
    Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer77 View Post
    Looks great. Love the color.
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Sicoupe View Post
    Looks incredible my friend!
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    Amazing work and write-up Limny!
    thanks marc!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post
    Beautiful work.
    Stunning car, nice colour too. Big fan of the Golf (not huge on the Mk3) & I would love a GTi in white someday. Superb write up, pictures & workmanship mate, thank you for sharing.

Aaryn NZ.
    thanks aaryn. It's the nice shade of grey because it's not the boring dull flat shade of grey.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmodman View Post
    Splendid job!

Even your fanatic customer will be totally satisfied. And he is probably capable of washing it properly so it will still look great when he brings it back for any upkeep in a few months or a year or so.
    I believe he plans to bring it back every 6 months. But regardless, he will be able to maintain it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Great job Limny. Those b pillars look phenomenal. We gotta meet up one these days.
    thanks Don. Yea those pillars gave me some trouble.....but I figured it out eventually. Spring/Summer coming around town for a meet up....

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    Now THAT's how that car should look out of the gate! Kudos!
    Thanks kitty.

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Really sharp! Job well done.

It's gotta feel nice knowing that when it left your hands it was going to a home where your hard work will be cared for and maintained, not just un-done 2 weeks later by a beater brush car wash.
    I have no doubts at all the finish will be looking good for a while..

Quote Originally Posted by BrutalNoodle View Post
    Beautiful results!

Great job on the trim pieces, they came out like-new!
    Longevity of coating and/or effectiveness of rinseless? lol
    BTW, have you had the chance to sample Sonax Perfect Finish? Solid product. I really like it for trim/pillar covers. Newer imports are full of these sensitive plastic accents.
    Thanks noodle. You just won brownie points... He asked a lot of questions about coatings. I have not tried that product yet. How do you like it? How do you use it?

Click on image to view work

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, you haven't tried it yet. Pretty interesting stuff, basically a 'boutique' M205. Finishes down nicely; lsp ready.

There's a trim piece on the rear of my Forester (right below tailgate wiper) that mars easily - I'd say rival that of instrumental gauge cover. Yup, that sensitive. Perfect Finish is great for that. Even by hand which I've done a few times with outstanding results.

I should send you some to try. I'd be no trouble at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Great write up, pics and work! It came out very nice. Owner should be thrilled with the results!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Great work!
    Those pillars are a true PITA...all the cars "in da house" have them.

Post Thanks / Like

Incredible documentation Limny. Really well done.

Super Member DetailedByPrecision's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrutalNoodle View Post
    Ah, you haven't tried it yet. Pretty interesting stuff, basically a 'boutique' M205. Finishes down nicely; lsp ready.

There's a trim piece on the rear of my Forester (right below tailgate wiper) that mars easily - I'd say rival that of instrumental gauge cover. Yup, that sensitive. Perfect Finish is great for that. Even by hand which I've done a few times with outstanding results.

I should send you some to try. I'd be no trouble at all.
    Thanks appreciate the offer. I'll drop you a message when I'm ready. I'll share some stuff with you to try out as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Great write up, pics and work! It came out very nice. Owner should be thrilled with the results!
    Thanks Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by RMM View Post
    Great work!
    Those pillars are a true PITA...all the cars "in da house" have them.
    It looks great when unblemished, but not practical for real life daily drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    Incredible documentation Limny. Really well done.
    Thanks Mike! How's the weather over there? Warming up yet?

Click on image to view work

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cg6LeMoN View Post
    Thanks Mike! How's the weather over there? Warming up yet?
    No not at all. Last week Thursday was the first day this year we broke 50 degrees. After that back down in the 40's for highs.

Post Thanks / Like

How come you went with a sealant instead of a coating? Also, whats the deal with that WRX wheel in the background ?

I have also had good results with Carpro's Water Spot Remover. I initially tried Clay, Vinegar, and Optimum's water spot remover, with no effect. Carpro's Water Spot Remover completely removed these horrible spots I got from getting hit by a sprinkler at work!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12