autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mirror Reflections Auto Spa doing paint correction on Grand Cherokee straight from dealership

Quote Originally Posted by Sicoupe View Post
    Beautiful job my friend! How much time did you have in it?
    Thankyou!

It is tough to say how many hours to be exact. I will say off the top of my head, about 15 hours.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mirror Reflections Auto Spa doing paint correction on Grand Cherokee straight from dealership

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    so is the 3800 the finest polish they make or are the two of them equal???

Ooops! it was formally 4000. Sometimes it can be tough with all of the name changes.

3800 is a more finer polish, in terms of abrasives. Generally the combination of FG400 and SF4000(now 3500) are used together like Meguiars M105 and M205 are used together. SF4500 is often used as that optional 3rd step for that perfect level of gloss (jeweling) on a very soft pad(no cut). I have at times used it with a polishing pad at times as my substitute for all in one or paint cleaner when I want to apply a dedicated sealant/wax.

I have also used it in replace of SF4000 as a finishing step, but the possibility of not refining the compound step is something to be mindful of.

Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou everyone for your kind words. I especially like when some of my favorite detailers comment on my work.

Post Thanks / Like

I made a new video (widescreen this time) and replaced it with the old one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rod73 View Post
    This is a repeat customer of mine, the owner of the Green Mustang. This time it would be his wife's vehicle, a Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit. He told me about the dealership prepping the vehicle and then coming to me, so yes it is Menzerna time.

I uploaded the video of this project here

Cleaners
    Chemical Guys Citrus Red Soap (foam: paint & undercarriage)
    Optimum Car Wash
    Blackfire Rinseless
    Meguiars D114

Pinnacle All Purpose Cleaner
    Blackfire Total Eclipse Tire and Wheel Cleaner
    Xenit Citrus Degreaser (just for the other guy's wax lol)
    Carpro Eraser
    Klasse AIO (for the stainless steel trim)

im sorry but why do you have four different car wash products?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    im sorry but why do you have four different car wash products?

In terms of the gameplan, execution of why would I do that: Chemical Guys Citrus is a product I don't use as a maintenance. When I use it I am stripping or ultimately stripping the paint clean. I put that soap in my Kwaazar foamer to foam the paint. I really like its cleaning ability so that was my reasoning. Normally I follow that up with a rinseless wash that doubles as a rinsing of the soap off the car. It's been a while forgive me, I decided to add a small amount (less than half of a normal dilution) of Optimum and turn it into a more hybrid 2 bucket wash. The D114 would be in a rinse bucket. My thinking to extend the gentle sudsing a little bit on the car but not to the point I can't get the soap off with the rinseless. Optimum's soap is a maintenance wash I really like, the lubricity is on point. I have seen examples of people using a prewash soap and another for the bucket wash and that's where my creativity took me I guess. The Blackfire Rinseless I'm pretty sure I listed because I mixed it into a clay lubricant. If I did not list that detail, then that's a my bad along with needing to be more descriptive with describing my processes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12